Bad
Good

Posted June 04, 2013
One of the best schools around, outstanding leadership and great both teaching and non-teaching staff. I am very pleased with the quality of education that my children are receiving. Everyone is involved in his education there especially the principal. The teachers are very well educated and they know how to help the students comprehend various concepts.They have an excellent Gifted program which challenges the students, as well as Science program. The Accelerated Reader and Reading Bowl programs always encouraged my daughter to read, it honestly made her love reading. They care about family and the parent's roles in each students academic success. Parents volunteer doing community service around the school and become involved. They have school dances, Fall festivals, movie nights, talent shows, like I said it is exceptional school. Completely friendly, family oriented environment. Nothing but great memories from this school. My daughters learned but also had fun doing so. Helped them to actually love learning from a young age and initiated my success through all grade school and now college. Love this school and recommend it to anyone, no matter what race nor social class.

Posted March 18, 2011
Oakcliff Elementary is an amazing school. My best years were spent there and the most memorable. I dreaded leaving it and now I can see why. They have excellent overall staff and teachers who truly show concern and care about the students. They taught me to always be an over achiever and push myself to do my best. They have an excellent Gifted program which challenges the students, as well as Science program. The Accelerated Reader and Reading Bowl programs always encouraged me to read, it honestly made me love reading. They care about family and the parent's roles in each students academic success. Parents volunteer doing community service around the school and become involved. They have school dances, Fall festivals, movie nights, talent shows, like I said best years of my life. Completely friendly, family oriented environment. Nothing but great memories from this school. We learned but also had fun doing so. Helped me to actually love learning from a young age and initiated my success through all grade school and now college. Love this school and recommend it to anyone, no matter what race nor social class. and FERNBANK was the best!!!

Posted November 09, 2010
i love oakcliff! my daughter went there for 6 years. they have very highly educated teachers there. all teacher dont leave a student behind. they are fully supporting. and are very kind yet strict(not mean strict) they love the kids as their own children. and parents are always involved, they help clean up the school, help teacher with whatever they need. over all my daughter and me love the school. and she misses it very much.

Posted April 18, 2010
Outstanding leadership. Fully engaged students.

Posted April 16, 2010
It's no excuses school and has great results despite the econmic challenges of its student population. The school has committed teachers, involved parents, good leadership from the principal and good test scores at the fifth grade level.

Posted February 25, 2008
I love this school I have 3 children attending and I would highly recommend this school they specialize in every students own needs.

Posted August 25, 2006
Oakcliff is a premier school. I am very pleased with the quality of education that my child is receiving. Everyone is involved in his education there especially the principal. The teachers are very well educated and they know how to help the students comprehend various concepts. They require parental involvement which I totally agree with. Most of all, my son loves it there.Even the aftercare is conducted by school teachers who assist with homework. By doing so, this helps me a great deal as a working parent. I still go over the homework every night. but I know if he has any problems they are there to assist.

Posted May 20, 2005
I love this school. My daughter was able to keep her same teacher from K to 1st. Fully 1 third of the class is gifted. The school is much more diverse than just black and white. They wear uniforms but not so strict that you can't buy them Target etc.

Oakcliff Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2004
Oakcliff is a school where the kids are so diverse that they are looking for what they have in common and not focusing on their differences. Thus, it is a very supportive and safe place. Being smart and achieving are celebrated. Reading is heavily encouraged. It is a very strict place, so its not for everybody. But overall, the school has more than met my children's needs. I think after getting to know kids from so many other cultures, they are pretty comfortable with just about anybody.

3151 Willow Oak Way, Doraville, GA  30340
Last modified Oakcliff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakcliff Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top