Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Any issues, the staff is on it. Staff communicates with me and follows through with what they say. Never had a major communication issue, only suggestion is I'd like emails on notices of supplies needed for projects instead of my child's word of mouth

This past year was my daughters first year at Hightower. She has just completed the 4th grade. Coming from Lithonia, College Park, and Jonesboro, this has been the first school that she was not bullied, she'd come home and show me what she had learned, and she always enjoyed going to school. Any issues that had come up, the school handled it quickly and professional. Also, the office staff are awesome and has great customer service. Looking forward to another great upcoming school year. Thank you Hightower staff!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are very effective considering the difficulties some may face with some students. Sometimes the class size may be an issue or the language barrier.

Amount of homework: Agree

I am happy with the amount of homework my child brings home. We already have a routine plus there's no homework on Fridays.

Develops character: Neutral

I am unsure at the moment. I haven't been able to visit the classroom. My daughter has not been reprimanded for anything so I don't have an answer.

Personally the staff members are all extremely nice and helpful to me. The school in general though needs some improvements in security and inclusion. This year the principal has acknowledged a highly dedicated group of parents and we are planning to arouse our PTA which has been dormant for several years.

This is a wonderful school. The teachers are intelligent and caring. Hightower Elementary is a true model school!

I work with the best teachers in the county. Hightower Elementary has made AYP 10 years in a row and we are looking forward to our 11th.

Last modified Hightower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.