Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 25, 2015
I am grateful for my daughter's counselor. She is always offering her support not only to the students and parents, but also by contributing with donations to the school. I would also like to recognize her ability to recognize a problem, address it and help solve it. We are very lucky to have her.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 25, 2015
The teachers are very effective considering the difficulties some may face with some students. Sometimes the class size may be an issue or the language barrier.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 25, 2015
I am happy with the amount of homework my child brings home. We already have a routine plus there's no homework on Fridays.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted November 25, 2015
Academically absolutely! The students are acknowledged for their accomplishments every month.the reading and math goals are very clear and for parents it's easy to keep up with.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted November 25, 2015
I thinks schools are authoritative because the sizes of the classes are a bit overwhelming.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted November 25, 2015
The teachers that my daughter has had have been caring and compassionate. I could not say that about the janitor.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 25, 2015
I am unsure at the moment. I haven't been able to visit the classroom. My daughter has not been reprimanded for anything so I don't have an answer.

Hightower Elementary School 4

Posted November 25, 2015
Personally the staff members are all extremely nice and helpful to me. The school in general though needs some improvements in security and inclusion. This year the principal has acknowledged a highly dedicated group of parents and we are planning to arouse our PTA which has been dormant for several years.

Hightower Elementary School 5

Posted February 18, 2014
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are intelligent and caring. Hightower Elementary is a true model school!

Hightower Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2009
I work with the best teachers in the county. Hightower Elementary has made AYP 10 years in a row and we are looking forward to our 11th.

4236 Tilly Mill Rd, Doraville, GA  30360
Last modified Hightower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.