Holly Springs Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 531 students

Posted April 14, 2014

I'd say this school is just so excellent with academics!!!!!!!'!!!!!! There is no other place you'd rather be. This school is the best elementary school in the county!!!!!!!!

Posted August 23, 2013

Last school year we were thrown a curveball the 2nd week of January which resulted in a move. My son was just beginning to make friends because this was his 1st. Year at this school for 3rd. Grade. So when I explained to him the situation and that he would have to change schools again he was very anxious, and rightfully so. I also was apprehensive about this move, but Holly Springs welcomed us immediately and was so warm and friendly. They went above and beyond of what I would ever have expected in making my son and I feel right at home. This curveball that was thrown at us, ended turning out to be a blessing thanks to the wonderful people at Holly Springs Elementary School! Thank you Holly Springs Elementary School

Posted November 28, 2011

I have two students that are going on their second year at HSES and I cannot say enough about this school. It starts with great leadership and trickles all the way down to the custodians. This truly is a village taking on the education of my children. From consistently being challenged, learning to respect everyone, and being surrounded by great role models. Both my children are exceeding national, state and county CRCT standards. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking to move into the community.

Posted February 1, 2011

I have two children that attend HSES and they love it!! I truly feel this school is rated an A in academics and student behavior. The staff is very friendly and truly take interest in the children. My kindergartner is already learning things from 1st grade and is doing wonderful. My fifth grader was lucky enough to have 2 fifth grade teachers and takes part in as many clubs available to him including PS, 4-H, and Music. The only thing I would change about this school is the quality of lunch, but the cafe staff are hard workers and very nice too.

Posted October 7, 2010

Mrs. Cosper is all about excellence in learning. The teachers are great and have a sincere concern for the education of our children. I wouldn't want my children to be anywhere else. My children love their school as well!!!

Posted August 3, 2010

i have been a student at this school for 1 year and i love it . We have the greatest principal and our music, art, and physical education department rule! Gooooooooooooooooooooo hawks! signed, a fith grade student

Posted August 5, 2009

My son attended Holly Springs for their special needs pre-k. He is now entering kindergarten and will have to go to Chapel Hill Elementary as that is the district we are in. I am so sad about it! Holly Springs is a wonderful school and my son loved it both years he went there. The speech teacher Mrs. Brandi and the his teacher Mrs. Lee were wonderful. Every time I went into his class it seemed like there were as many adults as children. They were always kind. The front office always seemed to know everything too and were always nice when I came in. We will miss it! If Chapel Hill Elementary turns out to be a dud we might sell our house and move so that we can be in that district!! Holly, Elijah's Mom

Posted January 3, 2008

Ms. Yarmoluk is my daughter's first grade teacher at Holly Springs Elementary and she is a wonderful teacher. She exudes patience, sincerity and individuality that carries over to her students. I lost my husband shortly after our move and the school's staff with its resources and kindness embraced us as family and gently assisted when needed. I adore Ms. Casper the VP, she is always involved. The (ASP) After School Program was there for us and the Counselor, Ms. Nesbitt provided true guidance for my daughter. Unfortunately we will leave this area shortly but understand what a great team and School district can offer when supported. Now we have high expectations and look forward to partnering with other great schools and staff. Holly Springs Team, Thank you for being leaders in education. Sincerely, TBah a proud parent of twins

Posted June 8, 2007

I agree with all of the great reviews given here. My son started Kindergarten here, after having moved from N.M. He's very intelligent and inquisitive, so I prayed for a school that would challenge him. Holly Springs does that, and so much more! They picked up on his special skills and had him tested for the gifted program right away. His homework emphasized parental involvement and included a daily folder through which the teacher and I could exchange communication. Next year, the kids will get to 'loop up' with Mrs. Buff! I'm so excited they will get to have her another year. When it came time to buy a house, I was adamant about staying in Holly Springs' school district! Go Holly Hawks!

Posted June 5, 2007

My daughter entered this school in 1st without knowing how to read. The Principal along with teachers and myself worked with each other and now she has exceeded the limit for reading, english language and has obtain a level 2 in math. And with that I am more than satisfied with this school. They also have a colored coded system for behavior. I would recommend this school to any and every one.

Posted May 26, 2007

We are new to Holly Springs this year. We moved from New York. My daughter is in the 1st grade. She has had exceptional instruction, loves school, and we have been very pleased with the high quality of the programs. The principal is very visible, knows all the children by their names, and is accessible to parents. We are so happy with our move.

Posted September 18, 2006

I have two children currently attending Holly Springs and so far, we are having a wonderful experience. My boys' teachers are very supportive and attentive. We relocated from Maryland to Georgia so this is the first year here at Holly Spring. We are still in the transition phase but I am pleased with the support the school provides thus far.

Posted March 3, 2005

Staff is excellent however, it appears they lack the support they deserve. As class size grows there are more issues with disrepectful students from K-5th grade and teachers are limited as to what action can be taken taking their time to deal with those issues instead of teaching. Parent involvement is fair at best. Many students seem to come from above average income famlies but below average parent participation (outside of PTSO events) during school hours and parent acceptance of responsibility for childs actions. Too many situations where teacher is a fault or 'the other kid'.

Posted March 2, 2005

My son is currently a 4th grade student at Holly Springs and I love the attention he receives. I feel as thought the teachers at this school really care about eachh child as an individual. I appreciate all the help and attention my son receives and look forward to him moving into middle school with such a strong foundation. Thank you to the teachers and staff of Holly Springs!

Posted February 15, 2005

I have two sons currently enrolled at Holly Springs and I'm impressed with the teachers they have had thus far and with their concerns as far as the children and myself are concerned. Both of them have adored their teachers for the last two years as well as I have. Outside of making them feel welcome and eager to come to school each day, they are excellent with learning and communication. Anytime an issue arises, whether it's good or bad, I have received phone calls and/or notes from the teachers to keep me informed of what's going on. I appreciate this because it allows me to stay on top of everything that's going on with them even though I'm not there. As for the school they have unlimited ideas to keep the kids and the parents active by having all types of events and gatherings at the school. T. Hampton

Posted November 11, 2004

Holly Springs is an excellent school. My daughter attended Pre-K. I only wish the school she attends now did as well. My daughter's teacher Ms. Zachmeyer did an excellent job. Holly had alot of emtional issues and Jennifer handled all with love, caring and a firm hand. If Holly hadn't gotten the great start she did, I don't feel she would have done as well as she is now. This school should be voted a school of excellence. The administration is great. The teachers/administrators get the parents involved! They seem to care and the ciriculum is taught very well. Holly Springs should be a roll model for other elementary schools in Douglas County.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

94 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4909 W Chapel Hill Rd