No rating

King's Way Christian School

Private | PK-12

We are best known for traditional Christian program.

Living in Douglasville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $102,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted December 17, 2013

My children go to King's Way and they love it. I can tell the teachers and staff really care about the kids and they are getting a great education.

Posted June 3, 2013

My son just completed his first year (K5) at King's Way and I love it. His teacher always kept me informed on what was going on, and my son has shown MUCH improvement in his vocabulary, writing, and knowledge of the bible. I love it! Mrs. Hall was a great teacher, very sweet and humble spirit. The staff gives such a friendly and loving vibe, and it makes you feel more confident for the children. They are also big on safety for the children and will not allow children to leave with anyone they're not supposed to (BIG deal for me). I am very satisfied with my decision to enroll my son here.

Posted March 6, 2013

Our three boys have attended King's Way Christian School for the past six years. We are extremely satisfied with the quality education, biblical instruction, and loving environment the school provides. We also appreciate the Christian standards that King s Way upholds. It is clear the teachers, administrators, and staff view their jobs as a ministry; they show genuine care and concern for our children s mental, physical, and spiritual development. The school has been very accommodating to us and seeks to reinforce the Christian principles we teach at home. Our experience has led us to recommend the school to numerous friends and family, several of which have since enrolled their children. We pray often for the ministry of King s Way Christian School and are thankful to have such a group of dedicated and devoted people working with our children. It is well worth the thirty minute drive each morning and afternoon!

Posted March 4, 2013

I love Kingsway Christian School. My children have got what they needed spiritually and academically. I will never send my children any where else. This is our 6th year there and we have been pleased. Kingsway has excellent teachers a great principal and great school leadership. We look forward to many more years there and great memories.

Posted December 10, 2012

I dragged my feet in putting our children into a pre-k or kindergarten program as I could not see how much could they retain a such a young age. I could not have been more wrong. My three children come home excited about learning with all sorts of rhymes and fun ways of remembering phonics rules. The curriculum is advanced enough to challenge my children, while the teachers do an excellent job of helping the student through difficult areas. I highly recommend the preschool and kindergarten staff as experts in their respective fields. I am looking forward to them entering the elementary over the next few years.

Posted December 3, 2012

My daughter's graduated from KWCS. So thankful to have sent them there. Not only a great education book wise, but also great character as well. Now my grandchildren are going there.

Posted March 4, 2012

I went to King's Way for 6th and most of 7th grade. The teachers are not informative, and in 6th grade, I was learning things I had learned in 3rd and 4th grade. In 7th grade, it would've saved money just to keep the same books we were using in 6th grade! They focus more on God then education, which I think is quite ridiculous. The girls are brainwashed into being submissive to men. And, if you don't go to the church and you are not 'in' with preacher and you're new, then you are not accepted. The teacher's children get treated better, if you go to the church you get special treatment. One thing I did enjoy about KWCS was the safe, small atmosphere and the fact that I knew most everyone and most everyone knew me. I feel sorry for the kids that have been there since K3 and are going to graduate from there, because honestly, when they get out into the world, it's going to spit in their face and eat them alive. No gifted options... Ridiculous school.

Posted November 6, 2011

My husband and I feel that KWCS is excellent for Hudson and our family. We are truly blessed to be parents! We realize the true value of Hudson s life, so by him attending KWCS, we believe he is being fulfilled spiritually and academically. God is very good to us, and we know that he has a hand in us finding KWCS. We are so thankful that we have crossed paths and are always looking forward to our future journey at KWCS. Everyday that Hudson is dropped off at school, our heart's smile - that is such a great and peaceful feeling for a mother and father to experience. We simply just want the very best for Hudson and our family. We want our son to continue to grow in his faith with God, as well as, achieve success in life by staying true to his morals and values. Since God blessed us in 2004 and allowed us to become a mother and a father, our mission has been to provide for Hudson to the best of our ability. Our children motivate us in ways that are indescribable. We want the very best for Hudson, and we feel in our hearts that we are getting what we are looking for at KWCS. Our son is in the first grade now, and next year our other son will start at KWCS K-5. Cheri F. McDonald

Posted February 1, 2010

Having moved from another state the summer before our daughters senior year, we were on edge about finding the right school for her, being public or private, then we found Kings Way. The entire staff is amazing and they have taken our daughter in as though she was raised there. The staff has integrity, morals, christian character and a mutitude of other wonderful traits. Not to mention the fact that it is very affordable. I highly recommend KWCS to everyone!

Posted December 6, 2008

King's Way Christian is the oldest Christian school in Douglas County. We have really enjoyed it's heritage and history. They have a teach an abeka curriculum and have a strong emphasis on academics. I would recommend this school for it's Spiritual teachings, academics and heritage. I have also enjoyed greatschools.org for the information about all the local schools and would also like to recommend http://www.douglascountygeorgia.net for great Christian school reviews. Overall I give King's Way Christian School a 5 star rating.

Posted April 22, 2008

We love Kings Way, and the church. People are just that, people. Not perfect, but caring, and genuine in thier concern for the students,both in thier academic and spiritual lives. The Kings way church is doing well, ulike the comment I just read. They obviously have not been to the church. They just love people, all people. Kids are kids anywhere, but at KWCS, there is accountability and discipline. Coming from the public schools, its a dream. If you want a school you can change to fit your agenda, KWCS is not for your family. The standards will not change with the latest trends. Our children need stability, character, and discipline taught by people with a heart for such things, only God can give. Yes, Id say we love KWCS.

Posted November 26, 2007

At Kingsway academics, behavior, respect, christian attitude, self- disipline are all apart of the standards. Standards that are required from the involvement of students, parents and teachers. If character, respect and christian values are as important as a good education then I recommend Kingsway.

Posted February 15, 2007

We are very pleased with Kings Way. My children came from public school and have adapted very well to the structured private school life with the help of the great staff. We are very happy our children are getting a great education along with a good Christian value system. Thanks KWCS

Posted January 4, 2007

The academic program is challenging for students. It allows children many public school experiences such as athletics, while concentrating on their academic and spiritual development. My children and I love Kingsways Christian School!

Posted March 20, 2006

We love, love, love Kingsway Christian. It was important to us that our kids get a great education in a Christian environment and they get that at this school. The teachers are great - very accessible, and they genuinely care about their students. As private schools go, it's very affordable, too. I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else. One thing though, the dress code is strict. No shorts for boys and no pants for girls - this includes parents attending school events as well.

Asian 4% 2%

• Gym

Gifted & talented

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • SAT/ACT prep classes

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dr. Ray Conway
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook