Douglasville, GA

Posted July 28, 2014
My children have been attending North Douglas for almost 4 years now. My oldest started there with Ms Miller as her kindergarten teacher and I absolutely LOVED her energy and devotion to our daughter. My husband and I ended up separating but both decided to stay in this school district and specifically request Ms Miller for our middle child when she started kindergarten. My oldest is starting third grade this year while my middle is going to first and we have not experienced any serious problems here. Last year my daughter went through a rebellious phase where she was very rude to her teacher but the teacher was very open in her communication with us through letters and phone calls and kept us updated as she tried to work with our child. Great school and now that I am looking for a new house I refuse to leave the school district.

North Douglas Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2012
LETS JUST SAY THE SCHOOL PROVIDES A FAR BETTER EXPERIENCE THAN WHAT THIS RATING PROVIDES. GOING FROM PRIVATE TO PUBLIC WAS A BIG DEAL FOR ME AND MY 4TH GRADER...HOWEVER, I THINK NDE PROVIDES A DESCENT STANDARD WHEN COMPARE TO OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOLS. SMALL CLASSROOM SIZE, FRIENDLY STAFF, SMALL TURNOVER OF TEACHERS, AND RELATIVE NEW SCHOOL, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE SATICFIED SO FAE

Posted July 30, 2012
My daughter was in the special needs pre-k program here both for the 3 year old and 4 year old class. She had the most amazing teacher, Mrs. Lindsay Day, who was very caring helpful, and supportive. The speech pathologist was great, and honestly the school in general was awesome. We were blessed that this is where our daughter was sent to do her pre-k.

North Douglas Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2012
I'm very disappointed in this school. We unfortunately, moved into this district at the beginning of this school year. I have a 2nd grader and it seems as if they spend a good bit of time on the computer doing reading assignments. She attended another school in the county for a few weeks at the beginning of the school year and that school was wonderful. She had beautiful handwriting and was reading fluently after struggling just a bit in the first grade. All of that changed when she started at this school. Not to mention the bullying and carelessness of the office staff and teacher. This school needs to incorporate more reading programs into their curriculum. We will be moving into a better school district next school year. I wish I had found this site months ago before I sent her to this school. I'm also not a fan of the office staff including the principal at all. The policy on the bullying needs to be reevaluated and the kids should be made to feel safe while they are at school. Very disgusted!!!

North Douglas Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2012
I really reserved my comments until the end of the year. So I have to say with one child being advanced and one with mental illness, they are not responsive enough and ill-equipped. I had to ask the teacher about advanced classes and was referred to the following school year. My other child who is challenged with mental illness has been referred out without my consent to alternative schools. They have staff work with her from other schools without my knowledge and when I ask they do not now the full name of the person and their judgment needs improvement.

Posted January 13, 2012
I like North Douglas, both of my children attend this school. I have to say compared to the schools they were attending before this school definitely gets an A. My daughters are both excelling tremendously. I am not as involved, but I appreciate the correspondence from the teachers. We are able to communicate via phone and email. They are always awarding the students when they do well. This helps with self esteem as a child grows. Would definitely recommend this school.

Posted September 12, 2011
This is my son's second year at North Douglas Elem (1st grade). I am very impressed with this school. The first thing I noticed is that classrooms have an excellent student to teacher ratio. My son has excelled. They have a lot of parent involvement meetings and they have clubs for students to get involved in. I like N. Douglas so much that when I decided to move, I restricted myself to areas where he could continue to attend N. Douglas. There is definitely as sense of community. This school is highly recommended!

Posted March 18, 2011
I don't know why there are so many negative reviews. Maybe the school has greatly improved over the years, but this year (2011) was my son's first year of school and he has been going to North Douglas. His kin. teacher is Mrs. Miller and she is AMAZING. I have met with a lot of the other teacher throughout this year and I must say the teachers really care and love their students. My son Loves going to school. The school also does a lot of fun things for the kids throughout the year. There is a lot of parent involvement and meetings! North Douglas is also a very clean and well set up school. My son had his classroom down within two days of going =) They also give a great lunch menu variety. I give this school all the stars and I'm sad that we have to move yet again, because my husband is in the military. If I had it my way, my son would attend this school until he was ready for middle school. I read these reviews at the beginning of the year and got nervous, but after going to open house I felt a whole lot better! Don't believe me, go check it out for yourself and I guarantee that you will like it =)

North Douglas Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2010
North Douglas is a pretty good school. My child is in the first grade and the teachers in first grade are wonderful! They really care about the kids! I especially love how friendly the first grade teachers are.

Posted April 28, 2010

North Douglas Elementary School
1630 Dorris Rd, Douglasville, GA  30134
Last modified North Douglas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Douglas Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top