Douglasville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,813

Posted March 20, 2014
I have one student who attended 4 yrs and another who is a freshman. My kids really like their teachers, especially in the Honors classes. The communication with the teachers is better than I expected, they always answer emails within a reasonable time. I like that in the beginning of the year they let parents know of volunteer opportunities, quite rare at the high school level. We love being of our Spartan Nation.

Posted February 04, 2014
Great school, caring community. I choice my student there as it is a great environment.

Posted August 09, 2012
I am a regular substitute teacher at South. I also have an 11th grader there as well. He has been all 3 years of high school at South. I love the staff here, and they love our children. I have seen first hand how much parent involvement is critical. Even before I started subbing there, I always have went to open house, emailed the teachers on a weekly basis, to check in, and keep up with grades on parent portal. Its takes everyone, hand in hand, teachers, students, and parents, to make it work. For every parent that has an issue with the way things are handled at school, my advice is to spend an entire day at the school. Going through the schedule with your child. You have no idea what "really" goes on until you spent time in the classroom, lunchroom, halls, etc. I think the staff goes above and beyond to make sure all the kids are following rules, passing their classes, and getting the most they have to offer out of high school. I wouldn't have my child anywhere else. Private nor home school.

Posted January 24, 2010
This school may have a few flaws but what school doesn't? My 10th grade year South Paulding was up and running for the first time, and I was redistricted to go there. I was skeptical at first, but I began to love it. Some teachers that work there are a bit off, but you can really tell who works and pushes their students to succeed without giving up. I've gotten into trouble a few times at South Paulding, but I continued to enjoy the school. My senior year was amazing. They may not have what a lot of other bigger schools have, but it's only because it's still growing. They are definitely improving at a fast rate. The principal actually cares what the students think and the decisions that she makes are very thorough.

Posted July 28, 2009

South Paulding High School 0

Posted July 06, 2009
I didn't care for this school at all! I finished my last two years here and it was horrible!! The only thing that I loved about it was a few teachers who really cared about the students and the counselors

South Paulding High School 0

Posted June 14, 2009
South Paulding is a great school for the most part. There are some great leaders in the school who care so much about the children-that's where it all starts-at the top. Ms. Fraker is very accomodating to the parents and will work with you to meet your needs. Ms. Vickers is always there when I needed her. I think she was a cousilor before being a principal, but she once said that she is a cousilor at heart and I believe that! She had definitely given my child some tough love. That's exactly what he needed. Ms. Moyer is dynamic! She is so sweet and works so hard. I really think this school is a top notch school. They will be successful because of the faculty and staff care so much about the students and it shows!!!!

Posted May 17, 2009

Posted March 26, 2009
We have a daughter who has a 4.0 and takes ap classes and honors classes and for the 3 years she has attended school there we have gotten around 20 automatic calls from the school stating she either was not in attendance or tardy(they were all in error). The system is seriously flawed! It is causing a lot of frustration for us. Maybe they can check out their facts first before waisting their calls on students who are exceling and stressing out their parents!

Posted March 17, 2009
Personaly i love this school! It is a great learning enviroment for me and my friends and i have alot of fun with all of the activities we do as a school! (:

South Paulding High School
1364 Winn Rd, Douglasville, GA  30134
Last modified South Paulding High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Paulding High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top