Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I am grateful for Mr. William White at Factory Shoals Middle School. He teaches six grade science. My daughter has grown to love science because he teaches the joy of learning and that science can be joy. I know I am grateful that he showed by daughter the value of learning. It is interesting, my daughter is an "A" student, but now she enjoys learning just because of Mr. White. He teaches science with current events and laughter. He noticed when my daughter wasn't enjoying learning and showed that he cared. For a teacher to reach students and encourage learning - that means my daughter walks away with so much more. Thanks Mr. White

Posted November 19, 2015
I think the school is great. Sixth grade was a big transition for my child. He had a hard time adjusting at first, but with the help of his teachers and counselors he is doing great. They are very receptive to parent involvement and have great communication. They are up on technology that helps my child in and out of school. They have a zero tolerance for bad behavior and bullying . Overall a good experience.

Factory Shoals Middle School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
I am a student that recently attended this school. I didn't appreciate how the students were acting and couldn't help notice how the teachers has no idea of how to control them. If I were a parent, I would not allow my child to go to this middle school.

Posted January 14, 2013
I absolutely love this school! I feel like my teachers did push me and want the best for me. They were always there to help; even if is was just one question on a homework assignment that i couldn't figure out 10 minutes before i had to turn it in. I also feel like there is no social oppression in that school. No one is categorized by popular and not so cool. Everyone fits in. I also have to say that we are the best school in Douglas County when it comes to sports. I would definetly recommend sending your child to Factory Shoals.

Factory Shoals Middle School 3

Posted July 16, 2012
i need grades of my son Victor Alejandro Figueroa Cortes im Victor Father, the reason is because we move to another city in georgia, and i dont receive yet de grades notes my new address is 2351 Spring Haven Dr. Apt 201 Gainesville G.A 30504.thanks

Posted May 01, 2012
Factory Shoals Middle School is a great school! My son has attended since 2010 and is now a 7th grader. Teachers challenge the students to work hard and some (not all) even offer free tutoring. I must say, anytime I have had an issue, I have been able to work with school administrators to get questions and concerns answered, working towards complete resolution. The principal is James K. Allen who believes in structure, high achievement and strongly encourages parent involvement. Because of Mr. Allen beliefs, the environment is very structured, organized and there is complete control of students at FSMS. There is a strictly enforced dress code, encouraging students to be neat at all times. Thank goodness for this! From the schools head counselor Emily Felton, to teachers like Bill Trisler who take time out to tutor Math students, Mrs. Phillips(6th ELA), Mrs. Long(6th Math) who are always loving the children as their own, and the Band Director Mr. Jackson for being firm, but believing these children can and will succeed, I am very pleased as a parent.

Posted July 25, 2011
I have to say, as a parent of two children that have attended the school, it is a great school. I have one that has already moved on from the school with honors and one still attending. They both have had great teachers but, this is also because we are very active parents in their education. Everything starts at home and if you don't take the time to get involved with the teacher and let them know that you are active, just with anything else, the teacher may or may not do what they are supposed to do. I have nothing but great things to say about FSMS and the teachers. You can't always judge something by some one elses views. You can go to the school and see for yourself.

Posted February 01, 2011
This school is such a better place than the negative reviews i've read. My chilf is a 6th grader & the experience has been great. Administrators care about the kids & have a great staff to support them. the students are first priority for everyone @ FSMS. Don't go by reviews, stop by and see it for yourself!

Posted January 18, 2010
We have experienced unethical behavior of a teacher, from retaliation, distortion of the truth and the list goes on and on. Our concerns are currently going through the chain of command. As a parent we have the ability to change things by bringing awareness of staff misconduct and hold the violators of unethical behavior accountable for their actions. I would like to see the staff receive annual education in ethics and diversity awareness. I foresee a greater future for Factory Shoals and Douglas County Schools System as they increase their level of standard for their teachers, staff and students to better prepare the students for the future, academically, multiplicity and ethically. Our children are the future.

Posted November 01, 2009
I am a student that attend this school now.I have read some of these reviews and I can say I only found one of these to be true.This school is excellent.Its a very challenging environment but your child will get use to it.I know this because I just moved here from another state so I would know best.The counselors are there to help you whenever possible.At the beginning of school they encouraged you to come see them whenever possible.I also can say that there are a couple of teachers that can get a really quick attitude but most recently its only because its the end of the day and they are ready to go home.They are very eager to help us get a good education and have a healthy learning environment.

3301 Shoals School Rd, Douglasville, GA  30135
Last modified Factory Shoals Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.