Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 20, 2016
Thanks to the entire CHES Elementary teaching staff. Great job with our kids, you're hard work does not go unnoticed.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 20, 2016
My son is only in first grade so the packet he receives is perfect. I feelfeel like work should be done in school and only sent home if not finished at school or review work. I don't think a lot of homework helps kids or boost grades.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 20, 2016
There are quite a few kids at this school with disabilities and autism and the staff does a good job with teaching the kids about the difference and how to be respectful and helpful.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted January 20, 2016
I love the reward programs in place that helps develop good character traits. They have the power print, autograph book and the big board where you are constantly reminded that you did a good deed.

Posted January 20, 2016
This is only my son's second year at CHES and so far so good. Academically I have no complaints and I love the fact that they do most of the work at school instead of bombarding them with a ton of homework like I hear from other schools. The learning environment is pretty nice... everything is not so structured. The staff is pretty nice as well and very friendly and caring. I have met some great parents here and the PTA does a good job of putting events together for the kids so that's nice. Overall I think this is a great public school and I would recommend CHES Elementary to anyone.

Posted December 08, 2015
I'm new to Douglasville, but the school's reputation was renown. Although, I knew no one I felt my 3rd and 4th grader would he in good hands. So far, all is well academically, socially and emotionally. Five stars for this large family environment.

Posted March 23, 2014
We are in our 4th year with CHES and have 2 children attending. Our experience has been a great one. The teachers and staff work hard for the kids and are friendly and caring. The teachers challenge the students at an appropriate level and the curriculum is generally well though out. The proof is in the pudding as they say, and both of our children continue to learn and grow and are very happy with the school. We had an opportunity to move away, but did not, and this school was one of the reasons.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is my second year at this school. My daughter now attends. She is in Kindergarten and my son is in 1st. I was fortunate to have the same teacher for my daughter that my son had last year. I love my son's first grade teacher. I love the communication that this school has with the parents. If I have any questions there is a response that same day. My kids are learning soooo much stuff.

Posted October 16, 2013
I had my reservations about my daughter attending a public school. But, I am thankful she is a part of Chapel Hill Elementary. They have proved to be a great school!

Chapel Hill Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2013
Clearly the rating of a "6" does not reflect the quality of this school. Parent involvement is outstanding. My second grader last school year past the CRCT he does not have to take until this year. I think that speaks to the quality of education provided.

4433 Coursey Lake Rd, Douglasville, GA  30135
Last modified Chapel Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.