Douglasville, GA

Posted March 23, 2014
We are in our 4th year with CHES and have 2 children attending. Our experience has been a great one. The teachers and staff work hard for the kids and are friendly and caring. The teachers challenge the students at an appropriate level and the curriculum is generally well though out. The proof is in the pudding as they say, and both of our children continue to learn and grow and are very happy with the school. We had an opportunity to move away, but did not, and this school was one of the reasons.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is my second year at this school. My daughter now attends. She is in Kindergarten and my son is in 1st. I was fortunate to have the same teacher for my daughter that my son had last year. I love my son's first grade teacher. I love the communication that this school has with the parents. If I have any questions there is a response that same day. My kids are learning soooo much stuff.

Posted October 16, 2013
I had my reservations about my daughter attending a public school. But, I am thankful she is a part of Chapel Hill Elementary. They have proved to be a great school!

Chapel Hill Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2013
Clearly the rating of a "6" does not reflect the quality of this school. Parent involvement is outstanding. My second grader last school year past the CRCT he does not have to take until this year. I think that speaks to the quality of education provided.

Posted March 13, 2013
I am so grateful to this school and my son's teacher. He transferred to this school at the beginning of the school year from another school in douglas county that I was elated to get him out of. His 3rd grade teacher is WONDERFUL!!! He was on a 1st grade reading level when he started and with her dedication and instruction he is now on a 3rd grade level. We still have work to do with the 4th grade approaching but she has been terrific. I love the way she monitors the books the children check out from the library and insists that at least one of the two be on their reading level. Last year in the second grade at his former school he was being allowed to check out very simple books such as brown bear brown bear. This school or at least his teacher expects more from our children and in turn his confidence has grown. Thanks a bunch, Mrs. M ;-)

Chapel Hill Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2012
As a frequent volunteer to the school, Ive noticed that the school is cliquish. One of the Administrators is unfriendly and unapproachable. For a long time I thought the asst. was the librarian. Teacher's seemed stressed although my childs teacher does a good job.Front office staff is friendly. PTA does a great job.

Posted July 19, 2010
My son and daughter attend CHES. They love it. I am a very involved parent who thinks that the principal and teachers are well trained and highly motivated to give each kid a wonderful learning experience.

Chapel Hill Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2010
We have 2 children in this school and we are very happy. There is a very involved PTA that supports the teachers. There are great extracurricular Activities including Drama Club, Chorus, RoadRunners, 5th grade Year Book staff, and even a news team which presents every Friday on the internal Web. My kids have been given great opportunities by a teaching staff that truly cares. The is a great school.

Chapel Hill Elementary School 2

Posted January 07, 2010

Chapel Hill Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2009

Chapel Hill Elementary School
4433 Coursey Lake Rd, Douglasville, GA  30135
Last modified Chapel Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chapel Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top