Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

My son is only in first grade so the packet he receives is perfect. I feelfeel like work should be done in school and only sent home if not finished at school or review work. I don't think a lot of homework helps kids or boost grades.

Develops character: Agree

I love the reward programs in place that helps develop good character traits. They have the power print, autograph book and the big board where you are constantly reminded that you did a good deed.

This is only my son's second year at CHES and so far so good. Academically I have no complaints and I love the fact that they do most of the work at school instead of bombarding them with a ton of homework like I hear from other schools. The learning environment is pretty nice... everything is not so structured. The staff is pretty nice as well and very friendly and caring. I have met some great parents here and the PTA does a good job of putting events together for the kids so that's nice. Overall I think this is a great public school and I would recommend CHES Elementary to anyone.

I'm new to Douglasville, but the school's reputation was renown. Although, I knew no one I felt my 3rd and 4th grader would he in good hands. So far, all is well academically, socially and emotionally. Five stars for this large family environment.

We are in our 4th year with CHES and have 2 children attending. Our experience has been a great one. The teachers and staff work hard for the kids and are friendly and caring. The teachers challenge the students at an appropriate level and the curriculum is generally well though out. The proof is in the pudding as they say, and both of our children continue to learn and grow and are very happy with the school. We had an opportunity to move away, but did not, and this school was one of the reasons.

This is my second year at this school. My daughter now attends. She is in Kindergarten and my son is in 1st. I was fortunate to have the same teacher for my daughter that my son had last year. I love my son's first grade teacher. I love the communication that this school has with the parents. If I have any questions there is a response that same day. My kids are learning soooo much stuff.

I had my reservations about my daughter attending a public school. But, I am thankful she is a part of Chapel Hill Elementary. They have proved to be a great school!

Clearly the rating of a "6" does not reflect the quality of this school. Parent involvement is outstanding. My second grader last school year past the CRCT he does not have to take until this year. I think that speaks to the quality of education provided.

I am so grateful to this school and my son's teacher. He transferred to this school at the beginning of the school year from another school in douglas county that I was elated to get him out of. His 3rd grade teacher is WONDERFUL!!! He was on a 1st grade reading level when he started and with her dedication and instruction he is now on a 3rd grade level. We still have work to do with the 4th grade approaching but she has been terrific. I love the way she monitors the books the children check out from the library and insists that at least one of the two be on their reading level. Last year in the second grade at his former school he was being allowed to check out very simple books such as brown bear brown bear. This school or at least his teacher expects more from our children and in turn his confidence has grown. Thanks a bunch, Mrs. M ;-)

As a frequent volunteer to the school, Ive noticed that the school is cliquish. One of the Administrators is unfriendly and unapproachable. For a long time I thought the asst. was the librarian. Teacher's seemed stressed although my childs teacher does a good job.Front office staff is friendly. PTA does a great job.

Last modified Chapel Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.