Bad
Good

DSES is a fantastic school! The environment is warm and friendly. I love the new security system in place. The front desk does a great job reinforcing it, which makes me feel at ease. The teachers are easy to talk to, even the custodians. I especially like our coach, Coach Epstein. Since coming on board two years ago he has done a tremendous job with our PE and road runners program. He does a great job informing us of events. The parents are awesome too. I met a lot of good people here that put the students first. Would be nice if we offered outdoor field trips besides just PC, and more creative games & events at the Fall Festival. Overall great school!

This is our first year at this school and I love it. The staff is friendly and easy to approach about anything..Each year the school test scores improve and they treat us like family. I hate that we are losing our principal Dr, Kacia Thompson; she is awesome. She really cares and loves the children They really celebrate the child. .

MY SON HAS ATTENDED DORSETT FOR FIVE YEARS. I LOVE THE STAFF ESPECIALLY MRS. RUSS, THE FIFTH GRADE TEACHING TEAM, OFFICE CLERK, MRS. PATTY AND THE PRINCIPAL MRS THOMPSON. THE SCHOOL IS CLEAN. THE STAFF ENCOURAGE POSITIVE BEHAVIOR AND EDUCATE MY SON BEYOND HIS FULL POTENTIAL.

I love DSES since moving to GA my kids have never felt more welcome in a school than this one I had an opportunity to put my kids in Bill Arp but I felt like this school was so much better suited for them and familial like. I drive them to school daily and I don't mind. They really teach the whole child and always give praise and accolades to the students! And I just love Mrs. Patty!

I love Dorsett Shoals Elementary because it is like a family. The staff is amazing! My child has been here since kindergarten and I wouldn't want him to go anyplace else. It ROCKS!

Dorsett Shoals is consistently thinking outside the box to provide students with the best education. They really bring together the entire school through functions and class activities.

Our staff is amazing. They work hard to make a difference in the lives of the children at Dorsett Shoals Elementary. We work together with parents and students to make our school a family. :-) Dorsett Shoals rocks!!!

Great school with warm and caring teachers. I'm also impressed with the after school program. My children are doing much better (homework) in asp than they were in the daycare they used to go to.

Thank you Mrs. Brewer for making 2007-08 a wonderful year for my family! When we transferred back to Douglas who knew that we would hit the jackpot receiving you as our prize for Jacob! I sincerely appreciate all your hard work and dedication as a teacher, and the support you have given to me as a parent! Dorsett Shoals is very lucky to count you as a member of their staff!

I have had great experiences with all of the teachers and staff at this school. I have two children (3rd and K). My 3rd grader has attended for three years, and I am pleased with the progress they have both made at this school.

Last modified Dorsett Shoals Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.