Douglasville, GA

Posted July 30, 2014
DSES is a fantastic school! The environment is warm and friendly. I love the new security system in place. The front desk does a great job reinforcing it, which makes me feel at ease. The teachers are easy to talk to, even the custodians. I especially like our coach, Coach Epstein. Since coming on board two years ago he has done a tremendous job with our PE and road runners program. He does a great job informing us of events. The parents are awesome too. I met a lot of good people here that put the students first. Would be nice if we offered outdoor field trips besides just PC, and more creative games & events at the Fall Festival. Overall great school!

Posted May 19, 2014
This is our first year at this school and I love it. The staff is friendly and easy to approach about anything..Each year the school test scores improve and they treat us like family. I hate that we are losing our principal Dr, Kacia Thompson; she is awesome. She really cares and loves the children They really celebrate the child. .

Posted June 29, 2013
I love DSES since moving to GA my kids have never felt more welcome in a school than this one I had an opportunity to put my kids in Bill Arp but I felt like this school was so much better suited for them and familial like. I drive them to school daily and I don't mind. They really teach the whole child and always give praise and accolades to the students! And I just love Mrs. Patty!

Posted October 24, 2010
I love Dorsett Shoals Elementary because it is like a family. The staff is amazing! My child has been here since kindergarten and I wouldn't want him to go anyplace else. It ROCKS!

Posted October 21, 2009
Dorsett Shoals is consistently thinking outside the box to provide students with the best education. They really bring together the entire school through functions and class activities.

Dorsett Shoals Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Our staff is amazing. They work hard to make a difference in the lives of the children at Dorsett Shoals Elementary. We work together with parents and students to make our school a family. :-) Dorsett Shoals rocks!!!

Posted October 12, 2008
Great school with warm and caring teachers. I'm also impressed with the after school program. My children are doing much better (homework) in asp than they were in the daycare they used to go to.

Dorsett Shoals Elementary School 0

Posted August 12, 2008
Thank you Mrs. Brewer for making 2007-08 a wonderful year for my family! When we transferred back to Douglas who knew that we would hit the jackpot receiving you as our prize for Jacob! I sincerely appreciate all your hard work and dedication as a teacher, and the support you have given to me as a parent! Dorsett Shoals is very lucky to count you as a member of their staff!

Posted April 05, 2008
I have had great experiences with all of the teachers and staff at this school. I have two children (3rd and K). My 3rd grader has attended for three years, and I am pleased with the progress they have both made at this school.

Dorsett Shoals Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2007

Dorsett Shoals Elementary School
5866 Dorsett Shoals Rd, Douglasville, GA  30135
Last modified Dorsett Shoals Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dorsett Shoals Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top