Posted May 05, 2013
I am a fifth grade student at Bright Star and I think that my shool is awsome. The teachers are great, and they listen to the students. They are also great role models. The principal and vice principal are also great role models and they reward the students for good behavior. I'm sad that at the end of the year i have to leave to go to middle school, but I am also thankful for the all the help from the teachers.

Bright Star Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2011
The principal appeases the parents when there is an issue, instead of listening to all sides(teacher, child, parent). She should take a firm stance to parents about their child's behavior. She acts like a friend than an authority figure. Lack of parent involvement in the older grades. Most of the teachers are really great, but some gossiped about their students or staff, so be careful- never know who is listening. Great scores and dedicated teachers for the most part! Please take the criticism to improve because this could be an awesome school.

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted November 19, 2008

Posted September 25, 2008
Bright Star Elementary works very hard to be the extension of the home it students come from. Mrs. McGill is the principal, but id more like the school's mom. She loves each and every student as if they were her own. Every teacher at Bright Star works hard to continually improve their skills and the depth of knowledge they are instilling within the students. We have 3 children and have been at Bright Star for 11 yrs. now. It is our second home.

Posted May 08, 2008
My children came in at the end of the year after a difficult year.Brightstar and especially mrs taylor in 2nd grade along with the 5th grade teachers have made sure my students were on level and I am informed at all times! It has been a good experience and it seems to get better every day!

Posted April 22, 2008
Hats off to Ms. Hutchinson. She is the best. When my son stared this year he couldn't read a single word. Now, thanks to Ms. Hutchinson he is reading well over 100 word and is eager to learn more. She is just wonderful!!!

Posted January 26, 2008
My wife and I love this school for our son, who's in Mrs. Doxey's kindergarden class. She is an absolute angel and, after our highly disappointing and stressful experience with Brighten Academy, we found Bright Star to be exactly what our son needed. He's gotten perfect marks for conduct every day and is being groomed for the Challenge program. Highly recommended!

Posted November 29, 2007

Bright Star Elementary School 3

Posted July 16, 2007
I wasn't too pleased when my child started this school and still not. The is the school my child has to go because of where we now reside. When you've had the best anything is less. We were with a previous school and everything as far as the quality of academic programs & extracurricular activities and parent involvment was an A+. I think a lot what contributed to their success and what Brightstar needs to borrwo a page from them is their wonderful staff. It starts from the front end. Anything to make the parents life a little easier. A big turn off for me was the after school program and the staff/procedures. School will be starting soon and the staff isn't there for Q&A, it's not organized and definetly not friendly.Hopefully they will take this constructive critism and work towards a better schooling for parents/teachers and students.

Bright Star Elementary School
6300 John West Rd, Douglasville, GA  30134
Last modified Bright Star Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bright Star Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top