Duluth, GA
Students enrolled: 2,874

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
I have overheard teachers telling students that they will not let them fail even if they had to stay after school to help them. My son loves it here and I am very pleased with this school. It is very diverse and great to see the kids get along.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
Yes the upperclassmen volunteer to help new students/freshman. The teachers take extra time to help each student succeed. We had a great experience here!

Posted August 21, 2015
Love this school!!! My son is a freshman and loves it also!!! The teachers are very helpful and care about the students.

Posted May 14, 2015
Impressed with the responsiveness of the teachers and staff to the needs of the DHS students. For a large school, there is an awareness of individual student's needs that has impressed me as a parent.

Posted March 28, 2015
This school is excellent, and the school was a great help for my disabilities. I appreciate the teachers, fellow peers and the counseling department for being such nice and caring people.

Duluth High School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
I have a hard time digesting fees for sports/activities then lackluster coaching in some areas and No AC in the gym!!!. Parents pay hundreds... and hundreds of dollars on top of in excess of $3k in taxes to be in this district. We should be competitive and up to date in all areas. Everyone who Pays ... Plays isn't the best Winning strategy. Additionally, we need MORE supervision at Football Games. The riff raff and fighting is appalling. This is Duluth... NOT the "hood".

Posted August 01, 2013
I think that the review posted by the student on June 7, 2013, is very aptly put. Not only that, the fact that this student is able to communicate more effectively than many adults on this website whose children go to other schools speaks volumes. Our son has gone to Duluth for two years; he's beginning his junior year. DHS has a culture where students are encouraged to get outside of their comfort zone in order to reach a little higher academically. Not only that, but many of the students here evidently come from homes where they're encouraged to be good students; to show respect for the school and the staff (and each other, to a large extent.) We have been very happy here.

Duluth High School 4

Posted June 07, 2013
I am a graduate of DHS in the class of '12 and have attended the school for 4 years. I've always felt that DHS allows you to be whatever you want to be. If you want to achieve excellence, there will be many teachers to support you. However, if you choose to fail, there will be no one to try to 'help you out' if you simply don't want to try. Graduated students who are accepted into Emory, UPenn, and Berkeley have all taken advantages of all the resources available. Of course, there will always be the druggies and gansters (in every school). I've always felt that DHS is "down to earth" and reflects a very accurate view of the world of education. There is a great diversity in academics, sports, and social statuses. There is not much pressure to conform(like preppy private schools) since students there are so unique from each other, and thus, students display their true personality. If a parent wants his/her child to enroll in a good school, but not a preppy school with snooty kids, I would highly recommend DHS.

Posted November 18, 2011
Excellent teachers. Good diversity of student population. Good track record of Ivy league placements of DHS grads.

Duluth High School 2

Posted October 09, 2011
I curently go here and hate it! Everything is about saving money and test scores. It doesnt matter what you actually know as long as the school is getting money for your test scores. Teachers are underpaid and grumpy. Most of them dont want to be here as much as the students. One teacher even made me cry. So many of the students are awful and mean as can be. One kid will just go up and punch people, and he stocks like every girl in the school, but he is still here! The administrasion should not allow those things to go on but they do. I would not recomind Duluth to anyone!

3737 Brock Rd, Duluth, GA  30096
Last modified Duluth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Duluth High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top