Duluth, GA
Students enrolled: 2,512

Posted September 24, 2013
I have a hard time digesting fees for sports/activities then lackluster coaching in some areas and No AC in the gym!!!. Parents pay hundreds... and hundreds of dollars on top of in excess of $3k in taxes to be in this district. We should be competitive and up to date in all areas. Everyone who Pays ... Plays isn't the best Winning strategy. Additionally, we need MORE supervision at Football Games. The riff raff and fighting is appalling. This is Duluth... NOT the "hood".

Posted August 01, 2013
I think that the review posted by the student on June 7, 2013, is very aptly put. Not only that, the fact that this student is able to communicate more effectively than many adults on this website whose children go to other schools speaks volumes. Our son has gone to Duluth for two years; he's beginning his junior year. DHS has a culture where students are encouraged to get outside of their comfort zone in order to reach a little higher academically. Not only that, but many of the students here evidently come from homes where they're encouraged to be good students; to show respect for the school and the staff (and each other, to a large extent.) We have been very happy here.

Posted June 07, 2013
I am a graduate of DHS in the class of '12 and have attended the school for 4 years. I've always felt that DHS allows you to be whatever you want to be. If you want to achieve excellence, there will be many teachers to support you. However, if you choose to fail, there will be no one to try to 'help you out' if you simply don't want to try. Graduated students who are accepted into Emory, UPenn, and Berkeley have all taken advantages of all the resources available. Of course, there will always be the druggies and gansters (in every school). I've always felt that DHS is "down to earth" and reflects a very accurate view of the world of education. There is a great diversity in academics, sports, and social statuses. There is not much pressure to conform(like preppy private schools) since students there are so unique from each other, and thus, students display their true personality. If a parent wants his/her child to enroll in a good school, but not a preppy school with snooty kids, I would highly recommend DHS.

Posted November 18, 2011
Excellent teachers. Good diversity of student population. Good track record of Ivy league placements of DHS grads.

Duluth High School 2

Posted October 09, 2011
I curently go here and hate it! Everything is about saving money and test scores. It doesnt matter what you actually know as long as the school is getting money for your test scores. Teachers are underpaid and grumpy. Most of them dont want to be here as much as the students. One teacher even made me cry. So many of the students are awful and mean as can be. One kid will just go up and punch people, and he stocks like every girl in the school, but he is still here! The administrasion should not allow those things to go on but they do. I would not recomind Duluth to anyone!

Posted February 28, 2011
I attended DHS all 4 years of highschool and graduated in 2006..i really enjoyed it! Not because of a "great teaching staff" or "amazing athletics" or anything like that, i just really enjoyed being on an open campus and walking outside between classes. I did have some teachers that i remember and appreciate but overall duluth is OK when it comes to paying attention to students. I did well with grades but when i wasn't doing well nobody seemed to care but i mean EVERY single student can't get attention. Although Duluth hs has it's flaws, like every school, i do think its a good school overall!

Posted November 22, 2010
I have 2 children, both of whom were in the gifted program and graduated from DHS in 2008 and 2009. One child has a full scholarship at a university ranked by US News & World Report as one of the 10 best universities in the country, where he is on the honor roll. My other child has the HOPE scholarship and attends GA State University. Her university freshman English teacher read her first paper to the class as a model of what a good paper should be like. The academics are first rate. The teachers are very involved and very dedicated. The physical plant is in good shape; a new building was opened 2 years ago. I have never seen a more diverse student body. DHS has members of more ethnic groups than I can think of, and economic levels from gated, golf course communities to apartment dwellers. A wide range of extracurricular activities. Only drawback: the football team really stinks.

Duluth High School 1

Posted June 25, 2010
I attended Duluth High School, class of 2006, my brother also attended, class of 2010. We have both seen the school steadily decline. I was an honors/AP student and really noticed most of the faculty do not care about struggling students. Many of the teachers are unorganized. There is also a huge problem with drugs amongst the students and drop-outs. Most of the teachers look the other way when it comes to kids skipping class and reeking of smoke. The school has high test scores solely because they focus ALL of their effort on the more intelligent students and leave the rest behind.

Duluth High School 2

Posted June 03, 2010
This is a really good school if your child fits into the box of academic and behavior expectations it creates. Unfortunately, not all of our children fit into that box. I have two children who attend DHS. One fits nicely into the box and achieves at the school's very highest level. The other one struggles with some of those expectations. We have found the DHS administrators and counselors to be unresponsive to working as a team to help intervene for the children who veer off that path. It takes a village to raise children. Some children need more interventions than others regardless of the structure or quality of their home environment. We need schools who care about all of our children. Not just the ones who make the school look good.

Duluth High School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
Duluth High has a team of wonderful teachers who care and teach. My daughter graduated in 2007, and went to a wonderful university in Boston. Without these teachers' efforts, I don't think my daughter would have been where she is now. Thank you, Duluth High teachers.

Duluth High School
3737 Brock Rd, Duluth, GA  30096
Last modified Duluth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Duluth High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top