Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

River Trail Middle School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 04, 2015
Each teacher varies because there are good and "bad" teachers. There are some really good teacher, but most of them are just neutral or not that good.

River Trail Middle School 2

Posted August 04, 2015
Rtms is the most stressful and most boring place ever. The rules are so strict that it's not ok. Creativity seems so restricted, too. Everyday is the same as yesterday. Alot of hw, robot-like teachers (very few amount of good teachers) , and the goal to just get good test and quiz grades. That's it. The school is really grey even though it looks great on the outside. If you want THE middle school experience with a lot of this and that, then rtms is gonna let you down really badly. Middle school is only a once-in-a-lifetime chance so it should be enjoyed and full of awesome memories. Oh, and also for the academic side, if you really wanna learn the important stuff more thoroughly, like math, then get a tutor. It's better.

Posted August 06, 2014
River trail is a very good school. Although to succeed at this school, you absolutely cannot lack motivation. I don't know why people are saying there is no creativity at this school; we have plenty (too many almost) of projects and each one can be another opportunity to be creative. I will say though, it depends entirely on who your teachers are. I had a teacher who quoted the textbook every time we asked a question and a teacher who just told us stories unrelated. The kids here, however, are extremely intelligent. I used to be head and shoulders above the rest of my classes at my old school. I came here and there are 50 other kids who perform just as well as I do, many far above me.

Posted May 25, 2014
River Trail is a very top notch school. Some people that review here are just being misguided and as a parent the teachers and staff are very helpful and are very fun. If you are looking for a fun, exciting, and top notch school you should come to River Trail. The negative comments are biased based on their personal experience. However, having 4 kids attend at different years all of them have enjoyed River Trail and did not have the same teachers as their siblings.

River Trail Middle School 1

Posted April 06, 2014
I was a previous student here but now reside at Georgia Tech. This was the worse middle school I have ever seen. The rules the staff enforce are not only troublesome but pointless. The administrators will also try to write you up for petty things and the strict rules only make the students rebel more. The courses are not very challenging and the teachers were very bad at teaching. Along with the strict rules, all this made me put no effort into my grades and I actually made straight C's in middle school. The diversity and academic achievements that this school owns is solely due to parents who want to bring their students to the successful high school that most students will go to after River Trail- Northview. I loved Northview a lot and I strove to put my fullest potential here and you can see why almost every parent wants to bring their child their. If you want your child to attend Northview but is only in middle school, then I suggest you put him in River Trail. If not, then there is no reason to be at River Trail (River Jail - a phrase a lot of graduates from River Trail refer too).

River Trail Middle School 1

Posted March 30, 2014
I am a student and this school is unsatisfactory because I found that many teachers adhere extremely strictly to the state standards. It feels like the definition of teaching to the test. I have teachers that have no idea how to control a classroom and do not respond to the rampant racism and name calling within the student body. There is a lack of creativity in this school. Grades are the only thing some teachers care about. I have a teacher that makes the students who fail (very commonly) retake the test or quiz using notes. The teacher does not teach and only makes students fill out dull fill-in-the-blank note sheets, which are word for word copy and pastes of PowerPoints. The tests are derived straight from study guides. I overhear students complaining about the teachers often. It is routine. There are good, caring teachers, but they are so few and far between. If this school focused on something more than high test scores, and taught in an interesting, captivating fashion, that would be more satisfactory.

River Trail Middle School 4

Posted March 15, 2014
My school is a great school. We have clubs, too. Though, if you are in TAG classes. You only get more projects and harder tests. On top of that we get to practice critical thinking skills. Which is the main thing about TAG. I do wish we had BYOT. Bring your own technology because we need that program. It we help the school greatly.

Posted March 01, 2014
This is a great middle school. They have many clubs and are very supportive to help the children achieve their best academically and emotionally. Children know this school for their curly fries.

River Trail Middle School 3

Posted September 09, 2013
Overall the school is great. We were in the school system for 5 years and applied for a hardship for a year. If you are not internally connected don't expect any compassion. Our hardship was not approved even when the household income was cut in half. I want to thank Dawn Melin and Myra Cornelius for all the consideration and understanding that was offered during the process (Sarcasm). I also would like to thank Myra for disclosing a private issue with another parent. Thank you as well Sara from the BOE for your help (Insert sarcasm again). May the same be returned to you guys. Thanks so much.

Posted August 28, 2013
RTMS is a great school. Teachers are supportive and encourage the kids to do their best. My daughter is really thriving at RTMS. They have a ton of clubs and the teachers devote themselves not only to academics but also to the clubs. Last year the science olympiad sponsors went above and beyond. It was their first year - and the kids did an awesome job. The teachers are responsive and I always get a quick reply. The dedication of the students and the staff shows in every aspect of this school.

River Trail Middle School
10795 Rogers Circle, Duluth, GA  30097
Last modified River Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.