PK-11|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

We are very excited about our family's second semester at NDA. We are completing mid-year parent/teacher conferences, and we are pleased with our children's progress so far throughout this rapidly-passing school year. It fills my heart to see my children happy when they come home from school and to know that they are being filled with academic knowledge and the Holy Spirit while they are at school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The administration at this school no longer focuses on providing a top notch education for the students. With the continued growth of the school everyone is unhinged and turmoil is everywhere especially at the elementary school. Bullying continues to be a major concern especially at PE with not discipline and support in place for neither the abuser or the victim.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The school continues to brush bullying away and send the parents away with a pat on the hand without doing anything to help. When bullying is reported and many times in extreme cases nothing is done. There is no system in place to teach anti-bullying. Students have no idea what to do if they see someone getting hit or being verbally abused.

We are so disappointed with the calibre of this school. So many problems but mostly bullying is a huge concern. The education is most definitely not a traditional Catholic education. For a school that promotes itself on being technology advance there are only computers for less than half of the students to use for reports and research. While the most aggressive half grabs computers, more than half of the other students have to bring their work to be completed at home in addition to their regular homework.

My child experienced an issue with another student that was troubling, but unlike some of the reviews I've read, I was very impressed with the response of the administration. They addressed the issue swiftly and appropriately. I find the administration to be extremely responsive to parent concerns. They keep a close eye on the kids and they encourage inclusion.

The reasons that made NDA so appealing to families looking for a safe environment with small class sizes no longer exists. We are still in the first semester and the teachers are overwhelmed and the elementary school is in chaos. They are not getting any support from the administration and is expected to do everything and still manage large class sizes. The new elementary school principal is completely unapproachable and when you do meet with him, he seems to have no experience or concept of what his duties as principal should be. Bullying is going on though out all the grades with no serious discipline which causes it to continue on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. When parents voice their concerns about safety for their children, they are brushed aside and nothing is done. Indoor classrooms have become a free for all without structure and where bullying incidents are now happening in the classroom without the teachers doing anything or even seeing what's going on.

My children have been attending NDA since Pre-K. We are currently in our 9th year and couldn't be happier with the level of IB education our children are receiving. My children have become independent thinkers due to the education and the knowledge expressed throughout the curriculum. Not only are we impressed with the education, we feel truly blessed to be part of such an amazing community. I have never witnessed such camaraderie amongst a group of people, who are so willing to help others. We look forward to continuing our journey with NDA through 12th grade.

Amazing and supportive culture of students, teachers, families and staff. Caring educators and amazing administrators that know their students. I was overwhelmed this morning as I saw the outpouring of love for the "Help for Haiti" day for a "sister" school Notre Dame Academy in Haiti. The students here really do receive a world class education where they learn to be global caring citizens in addition to the getting the stellar academics of the IB. Amazing students and families. We feel blessed to be a part of this community! We love NDA!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I am a current parent and I have two young children at this school. I have watched, first-hand, as teachers and administrators: show love to my children; encourage them to never give up and try again when they have failed; give them the courage to speak in front of a class full of students and parents; teach them to be kind to their classmates; teach the importance of Jesus and how to live humbly and serve like Jesus' mother, Mary; and work with us as parents when we need to give a little extra attention to a specific area of academic concern. Even if you are not Catholic, you will be so glad that you chose Catholic education for your child.

As we begin our sixth year at Notre Dame Academy, we still feel that this is the best school for our children to succeed. They both thrive here academically, spiritually and socially. We have been blessed with exceptional teachers who provide a caring, supportive learning environment. There are many sports and activities to choose from along with a nice fine arts program. We would highly recommend Notre Dame Academy to others.

Last modified Notre Dame Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-11