Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)

Posted April 20, 2016
Austin is a wonderful school with great staff, administration and teachers. Our children have thrived at Austin. Could not be happier.

Posted February 20, 2016
Our experience with this school has been wonderful for all of our children. Engaged teachers and administrators and very active parent involvement with a small intimate community

Austin Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2016
We have had a very negative experience at Austin. The education is good and some of the teachers are wonderful. However, we have also had teachers who do not seem to care and do not take the time to get to know their students. The school also completely lacks a sense of community and is not willing to volunteer information. You have to know which questions to ask, but that is very hard for a newcomer. Overall, we really regret buying in the Austin district.

Posted September 17, 2015
Austin has been a great place for my child to learn and grow academically and socially. Every teacher from PreK to current 2nd grade has done a wonderful job teaching my child and communicating well with me as a parent. Overall, there are very caring and experienced teachers at Austin that do a great job as educators. The administration is top notch. The parent support is outstanding in terms of supporting volunteer efforts through time and donations. The combination of teachers, administration, staff, and parents make Austin super special for the students. I've been asked why my child isn't in a private school. My answer is, "why would I do that when I have an amazing public school like Austin right here?"

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 17, 2015
The 5th grade teachers are absolutely wonderful. They are focused on helping the kids not only learn the information they need to be successful, but they are helping to develop the skills they will need to be more self sufficient in middle school. They are great at communication and the kids love their calm yet no nonsense manner.

Posted September 17, 2015
Feel my children have had at a great experience at Austin. If I have concerns I feel comfortable speaking to the teacher about them. My kids do well on exams so I know they have been given the appropriate amount of instruction to help them to be successful. The families are great and the overall parent involvement makes you feel comfortable helping out at the school whenever needed.

Austin Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2015
Think twice before u select this school for your child. staff is very rude and impolite. They welcome according to race only. So If you are not an American Think twice before choose this school. Your kids will be welcome and get more chances if you are able to donate fundraisers, and more money, it doesn't matter if child is talented, only thing that Austin needs is your money. My child's homeroom teacher was so rude from the very beginning and wasn't even a little bit helpful. She was always discouraging my child by yelling at my child in front of the class. But for a American child who came after my child teacher was so kind and helpful. This is the most bad school I ever experienced.

Posted July 20, 2015
My kids gained important educational foundational skills - which their former elementary school could just not get in front of.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 20, 2015
This school is definitely the equivalent of a public-private school! School community is supportive, caring and most importantly - kids are gaining a great educational foundation!

Austin Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2014
If your child has a learning difference but does not meet criteria for an IEP, this school is awful. Awful. The county psychologist (representing Austin) and upper administration's response to my child's independent testing were stunningly disrespectful and rude. Hire an educational advocate to navigate this school if your child has learning differences.

5435 Roberts Dr, Dunwoody, GA  30338
Last modified Austin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5