Dunwoody, GA

Austin Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2014
If your child has a learning difference but does not meet criteria for an IEP, this school is awful. Awful. The county psychologist (representing Austin) and upper administration's response to my child's independent testing were stunningly disrespectful and rude. Hire an educational advocate to navigate this school if your child has learning differences.

Posted August 18, 2014
Worst school for Pre K kids! The teachers are cold and rude to parent's queries. Won't even bother to reply on emails and will not try to comfort the kids if they are crying. They are busy doing their paper work while the kids are arriving in morning and expect them to stop crying and settle on their own. They are happy with only those kids who do not bother them much!!

Posted October 22, 2013
Austin is great! Jordan Smith is an amzing kindergarten teacher. She really loves her kids!

Posted September 27, 2013
Austin is a great school. Parents-teachers relationship is great. Kids go through an excellent education process at this elementary.

Austin Elementary School 2

Posted September 06, 2013
My little one 1st grade teacher tries to apply military style discipline. in her class. I wonder if she realizes kids can't be disciplined like adults and she needs to be a little more indulgent.

Posted August 16, 2013
Our kid joined the school last year in kindergarten and we could not be happier. Teachers in this school are very dedicated towards providing the best to kids. Our kid is an advanced learner and the classroom teacher kept her excited by providing education material for the next level. One of the best schools....

Posted March 27, 2012
The only qualification needed for a child to qualify for the gifted(discovery) program is for their parents to donate fundraisers, the more money you give the more good chances for your child to qualify, it doesnt matter if she's talented, only thing that austin needs is your money!!!

Posted January 09, 2012
We bought our house to be in Austin district instead of doing private school, we are now on our son's 2nd year going to Austin and are extremely happy with the teachers and school staff.

Posted December 18, 2011
My son is starting in Jan and the front office was not helpful and simply answered all my questions:"It is in the handbook" I hope the teachers are more friendly than them. Moving in the middle of the school year is hard enough, I want my son to feel welcome and comfortable.

Posted March 05, 2011
austin has talented teachers and staff.all the children are smart and love this school.you learn so much,I can't belive it. :)

Austin Elementary School
5435 Roberts Dr, Dunwoody, GA  30338
Last modified Austin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Austin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top