Dunwoody, GA

Posted August 20, 2015
Think twice before u select this school for your child. staff is very rude and impolite. They welcome according to race only. So If you are not an American Think twice before choose this school. Your kids will be welcome and get more chances if you are able to donate fundraisers, and more money, it doesn't matter if child is talented, only thing that Austin needs is your money. My child's homeroom teacher was so rude from the very beginning and wasn't even a little bit helpful. She was always discouraging my child by yelling at my child in front of the class. But for a American child who came after my child teacher was so kind and helpful. This is the most bad school I ever experienced.

Posted July 20, 2015
My kids gained important educational foundational skills - which their former elementary school could just not get in front of.

Austin Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 20, 2015
This school is definitely the equivalent of a public-private school! School community is supportive, caring and most importantly - kids are gaining a great educational foundation!

Austin Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2014
If your child has a learning difference but does not meet criteria for an IEP, this school is awful. Awful. The county psychologist (representing Austin) and upper administration's response to my child's independent testing were stunningly disrespectful and rude. Hire an educational advocate to navigate this school if your child has learning differences.

Posted August 18, 2014
Worst school for Pre K kids! The teachers are cold and rude to parent's queries. Won't even bother to reply on emails and will not try to comfort the kids if they are crying. They are busy doing their paper work while the kids are arriving in morning and expect them to stop crying and settle on their own. They are happy with only those kids who do not bother them much!!

Posted April 25, 2014
My child's 3rd grade teacher told me that she was sorry that my child reads on a 1st grade level, eventhough my child is in the 3rd grade and that she knows that I must be really disappointed about that. As a homeroom teacher, she could not could only write about how nice my child is. I find it hard to believe that she has no knowledge of my child's academics, because we have had conferences about my child's academic performance. The prinicipal is never there. She is very good at acting like she does not understand. Her favorite phrase is,"I did not know, sorry"(very nonchalantly). That to me speaks to a person's willingness to be held acccountable. If you are a leader, lead. It is hard to hear her say things like I am just a principal. I am responsible for the student body as a whole, and not necessarily a student individually. I am just here to make sure the teachers are in place, but I let the teachers do things their way. Talk about being absent. If there is not accountability...then people are left to do what they want to do. If a student is of Indian descent or any other ethnicity, Good Luck with getting on the discovery team.

Posted October 22, 2013
Austin is great! Jordan Smith is an amzing kindergarten teacher. She really loves her kids!

Posted September 27, 2013
Austin is a great school. Parents-teachers relationship is great. Kids go through an excellent education process at this elementary.

Austin Elementary School 2

Posted September 06, 2013
My little one 1st grade teacher tries to apply military style discipline. in her class. I wonder if she realizes kids can't be disciplined like adults and she needs to be a little more indulgent.

Posted August 16, 2013
Our kid joined the school last year in kindergarten and we could not be happier. Teachers in this school are very dedicated towards providing the best to kids. Our kid is an advanced learner and the classroom teacher kept her excited by providing education material for the next level. One of the best schools....

Austin Elementary School
5435 Roberts Dr, Dunwoody, GA  30338
Last modified Austin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
Austin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top