Dunwoody, GA
Students enrolled: 1,684

Posted May 15, 2015
My daughter attends Dunwoody and is a junior this year. We had a new principal this school year and he is absolutely fantastic. Mr. McFerrin has turned this school around 180 degrees from what it was under the previous "leadership"... he is professional, approachable, hands-on, and works extremely well with the parents and the students. I can't say enough good things about him. My daughter has had excellent teachers and a variety of choices in extra-curricular activities. My only gripe is that DeKalb County needs to provide some funds for the athletic field... too many different sports are trying to use the field after school. Overall, I think Dunwoody is a really good school now and would recommend it.

Posted January 31, 2015
Dunwoody High School is a diverse school with many unique options on the academic side. The teachers are top notch and many freely give of their time through early morning tutoring sessions for the students and I applaud them for their dedication. Many students go on to very good colleges across the country.

Posted January 06, 2015
I have a child in Dunwoody High. Fabulous school. The teachers are great. Academics are wonderful.

Dunwoody High School 2

Posted May 11, 2014
Not great. Poor academics, and not much support for academic endeavors outside of the classroom. Almost all good teachers leave as well. Don't go here.

Posted April 17, 2012
LOVE Dunwoody High School! I'll admit I was nervous to put my son into the school 3 years ago. But with Mr. Swanson as the principal we have seen big changes! The school is redone, the fine arts is taking off and with the new Finance and Mass Communication Academies we are on the way to a GREAT school! If we could become a Charter school it would be perfect!

Dunwoody High School 4

Posted February 22, 2012
One of the up and coming arts schools. Despite some a Dunwoody's less than capable staff, and lact a top cleanliness standards; the school is not all bad. The fine arts department is usually neglected in most public schools, but the new principle is very supportive of the arts. Dunwoody's new Choir program is in more capable hands, the orchestra is doing well, and their band program is exellent. The band director at Dunwoody has turned the marching band and symphonic band around. They are own their way up and there is no stop in sight.

Posted November 27, 2011
best school in dekalb county. This school has some of the famous alumni such as ryan seacreast.

Dunwoody High School 4

Posted March 14, 2011
Very decent for a public school. I went to Dunwoody all four years and I'm now at a top 10 liberal arts college. I feel fully prepared for high level education. Dunwoody has some awful teachers and some amazing ones. You just have to be more self-motivated in the classes where the teachers are lacking. I don't know what other schools you kids went to, but as far as public schools go, while Dunwoody isn't the best of the best, it is definitely doing a great job in most areas. Do your work and want to learn and high school will make itself for you.

Posted December 05, 2009
Dunwoody is not a good school. I have personally attended this school. My year now is 2009. Dunwoody is not a clean environment at all!!! They have nasty restrooms, dirty cafeteria, dust everywhere, and bugs out of this world. Parents are fooled by the PTA. Dunwoody does not have great grade teachers and more students are failing or either dropping out. I would not recommend you of letting your child go to this school. Also i left out how student are sleep in classes because they say it is boring and the teacher dosen't teach. Teachers think calling parents work but, it does not.

Posted October 03, 2009
It is a great school with great leadership. Dr. Kevin Harris is doing an awesome job to ensure a good environment for students to learn, excel, and be successful.

5035 Vermack Rd, Dunwoody, GA  30338
Last modified Dunwoody High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunwoody High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top