Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

We were new residents to Georgia and when we were seeking an upscale neighborhood with outstanding schools to move to, Dunwoody came up over and over again. I now know why. The high school is a gem. It has accomplished faculty and highly motivated students. I counted no less than 6 national merit semi-finalists during this current semester alone. I learned of many Ivy league student acceptances and numerous other academic accomplishments. They put the right emphasis on the right things and we are very pleased.

I am a current student at Dunwoody High School (DHS). I transferred from a private school in the area and I am so pleased that I did. I am positive that the academic preparation I receive here will more than prepare me to get into and succeed at a top university. DHS has a diverse student body, a super helpful faculty, a friendly student body, and is located in a great community. I play Lacrosse and the parent booster club is very highly organized which makes fundraising for our team a breeze. I would highly recommend my high school to all students interested in a first rate educational experience.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Dunwoody High School is a great school with exemplary parental and neighborhood support. The sense of community at this school is unlike any I have experienced before. There are some amazing teachers and some highly motivated students. Recently, the captain of the football team went on to attend Harvard! Enough said.

My daughter attends Dunwoody and is a junior this year. We had a new principal this school year and he is absolutely fantastic. Mr. McFerrin has turned this school around 180 degrees from what it was under the previous "leadership"... he is professional, approachable, hands-on, and works extremely well with the parents and the students. I can't say enough good things about him. My daughter has had excellent teachers and a variety of choices in extra-curricular activities. My only gripe is that DeKalb County needs to provide some funds for the athletic field... too many different sports are trying to use the field after school. Overall, I think Dunwoody is a really good school now and would recommend it.

Dunwoody High School is a diverse school with many unique options on the academic side. The teachers are top notch and many freely give of their time through early morning tutoring sessions for the students and I applaud them for their dedication. Many students go on to very good colleges across the country.

I have a child in Dunwoody High. Fabulous school. The teachers are great. Academics are wonderful.

Not great. Poor academics, and not much support for academic endeavors outside of the classroom. Almost all good teachers leave as well. Don't go here.

LOVE Dunwoody High School! I'll admit I was nervous to put my son into the school 3 years ago. But with Mr. Swanson as the principal we have seen big changes! The school is redone, the fine arts is taking off and with the new Finance and Mass Communication Academies we are on the way to a GREAT school! If we could become a Charter school it would be perfect!

One of the up and coming arts schools. Despite some a Dunwoody's less than capable staff, and lact a top cleanliness standards; the school is not all bad. The fine arts department is usually neglected in most public schools, but the new principle is very supportive of the arts. Dunwoody's new Choir program is in more capable hands, the orchestra is doing well, and their band program is exellent. The band director at Dunwoody has turned the marching band and symphonic band around. They are own their way up and there is no stop in sight.

best school in dekalb county. This school has some of the famous alumni such as ryan seacreast.

Last modified Dunwoody High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.