Dunwoody, GA
Students enrolled: 1,684

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 22, 2015
I am a current student at Dunwoody and I can't say enough great things about my fellow students, the teachers, the coaches, the parents, and the community at large. They all converge to make Dunwoody a top school that prepares students well both for college and for life.

Posted July 22, 2015
I am a current student at Dunwoody High School (DHS). I transferred from a private school in the area and I am so pleased that I did. I am positive that the academic preparation I receive here will more than prepare me to get into and succeed at a top university. DHS has a diverse student body, a super helpful faculty, a friendly student body, and is located in a great community. I play Lacrosse and the parent booster club is very highly organized which makes fundraising for our team a breeze. I would highly recommend my high school to all students interested in a first rate educational experience.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 21, 2015
Dunwoody High School is a great school with exemplary parental and neighborhood support. The sense of community at this school is unlike any I have experienced before. There are some amazing teachers and some highly motivated students. Recently, the captain of the football team went on to attend Harvard! Enough said.

Posted May 15, 2015
My daughter attends Dunwoody and is a junior this year. We had a new principal this school year and he is absolutely fantastic. Mr. McFerrin has turned this school around 180 degrees from what it was under the previous "leadership"... he is professional, approachable, hands-on, and works extremely well with the parents and the students. I can't say enough good things about him. My daughter has had excellent teachers and a variety of choices in extra-curricular activities. My only gripe is that DeKalb County needs to provide some funds for the athletic field... too many different sports are trying to use the field after school. Overall, I think Dunwoody is a really good school now and would recommend it.

Posted January 31, 2015
Dunwoody High School is a diverse school with many unique options on the academic side. The teachers are top notch and many freely give of their time through early morning tutoring sessions for the students and I applaud them for their dedication. Many students go on to very good colleges across the country.

Posted January 06, 2015
I have a child in Dunwoody High. Fabulous school. The teachers are great. Academics are wonderful.

Dunwoody High School 2

Posted May 11, 2014
Not great. Poor academics, and not much support for academic endeavors outside of the classroom. Almost all good teachers leave as well. Don't go here.

Posted April 17, 2012
LOVE Dunwoody High School! I'll admit I was nervous to put my son into the school 3 years ago. But with Mr. Swanson as the principal we have seen big changes! The school is redone, the fine arts is taking off and with the new Finance and Mass Communication Academies we are on the way to a GREAT school! If we could become a Charter school it would be perfect!

Dunwoody High School 4

Posted February 22, 2012
One of the up and coming arts schools. Despite some a Dunwoody's less than capable staff, and lact a top cleanliness standards; the school is not all bad. The fine arts department is usually neglected in most public schools, but the new principle is very supportive of the arts. Dunwoody's new Choir program is in more capable hands, the orchestra is doing well, and their band program is exellent. The band director at Dunwoody has turned the marching band and symphonic band around. They are own their way up and there is no stop in sight.

Posted November 27, 2011
best school in dekalb county. This school has some of the famous alumni such as ryan seacreast.

5035 Vermack Rd, Dunwoody, GA  30338
Last modified Dunwoody High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunwoody High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top