Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Mount Olive Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 25, 2016
One word HOOD! Worst school my child have ever been in. No hope for them kids future.

Mount Olive Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2016
I recently transfered my son to Asa Hilliard elementary from King Springs elementary in Smyrna, Ga. That was the WORST decision I've made thus far as a parent. Since ASA Hilliard elementary is a new school they have no state rating until after this school year is up. But I QUICKLY discovered this was formally Mt.Olive elementary which was ranked 1 out of 10 in ratings. Pretty much the bottom of the barrel. And the teachers exode that energy, well I can't speak for all but my son 2nd grade teacher is a sad story. Not only is the economic struggles and zoning zip codes can easily have a negative reputation on the kids it's also sadden to know the teachers quietly have no faith in their students progress. My son is and have been on track with his education and behavior until recently. I'LL apologize to him for putting him in this school and promised to have his charter / private school entry done this summer!

Posted August 22, 2013
I volunteer periodically at Mt. Olive Elementary School in East Point Georgia. It is a wonderful school for training children to become adults. I witness several mentoring programs that was very helpful for the schools' curriculum. The most important thing I notice was how the staff cared and interacted with the children. You could see that the children seem to be genuinely happy. I am sure this comes from the relationship the staff has with their parents. This was obvious from the Principal, Teachers and all their volunteers.

Posted April 29, 2013
I am a 2nd grader here at Mt. Olive, and I must say, this is one of the most enriching elementary school learning experiences around. I have been placed in the Talented and Gifted program taught by Mrs. Everett and am truly loving it. A few downsides is that many of the students just don't have the will to learn and can be a tad bit violent. While not the best elementary school, it certainly is better than many of the others in its area. I recommend this school to all. Next year, when I'm 8, my mommy said she might be transferring me to a private school because she does not think this school is good enough for me, but honestly, I think it's just right.

Mount Olive Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2013
My grown kids attended Mt. Olive now my younger kids are students there. I love the staff. Teachers, principal, asst principal, nurse. All are great. However I do feel like my kids are learning at a slow paste. Both are honor students. One is in the TAG program. They both had EIP teachers last year, until I hired a tutor. Now instead of a few A's and mostly B's. They're getting one or two B's and mostly A's. Thanks to the tutor, not the school.

Posted February 11, 2010
My child has been at Mt. Olive ES since Pre K and has truly excelled academically. He wakes up every morning excited about going to school and this is largely due to the caring enviornment that the teachers and administrators have created. I am unsre what may have happened to some of these other parents with low ratings, but nearly all of the parents love this school.

Posted April 09, 2009
I have had experience with the ins and outs of several schools in this area. MOE is one of the best schools for an elementary age child. The small environment truly puts 'students' first. The academic growth of EVERY child is the priority of this school. The staff gives a 110% in every aspect of the building. The principal appears to be firm and head strong at times, but I notice it seems to most times be about educating children. We need more principals to step and and stick up for our children.

Mount Olive Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2008
My primary concern is that the principal attempts to run this elementary school with an iron fist. There is an exodus of teachers each year which makes it difficult for parents to get to know the teachers because they're not there very long. There is low morale amongst the teachers and staff and many parents who are unhappy have simply put their children in other schools instead of trying to battle with the principal who uses the school for his own personal purposes.

Mount Olive Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2007
My major concern for this institution is that the staff, including the principal, refuse to work with the parents on the academic success of their children. This is disheartening because I volunteered at the school almost every week to ensure the academic direction of my child, only to discover that she was placed in certain classes based not on my request or observation as a parent, but on their 'number/card system'. Rather than view your child as an individual with individual needs, or work with the parents on the academic achievement of your child, they leave the future of your child to statistics and numbers. Additionally, I could not get aquainted with the teachers because the turn-over rate is so high. New teachers each year made it hard to evaluate the BEST teacher for our child.

Posted May 31, 2007
I am a grandparent of one of the Mt. Olive students. My grandchild has been at MOE student since she started Pre-K. We have been very pleased with the principal, teachers and the other staff members. They all strive to make Moe students academically prepared for any challenges they may face in the future. I have no doubt that when the students leave Mt.Olive, they will be prepared for whatever lies ahead.They invite involvement from all family members.

Mount Olive Elementary School
3353 Mount Olive Rd, East Point, GA  30344
Last modified Mount Olive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.