East Point, GA

Posted August 22, 2013
I volunteer periodically at Mt. Olive Elementary School in East Point Georgia. It is a wonderful school for training children to become adults. I witness several mentoring programs that was very helpful for the schools' curriculum. The most important thing I notice was how the staff cared and interacted with the children. You could see that the children seem to be genuinely happy. I am sure this comes from the relationship the staff has with their parents. This was obvious from the Principal, Teachers and all their volunteers.

Mount Olive Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2013
My grown kids attended Mt. Olive now my younger kids are students there. I love the staff. Teachers, principal, asst principal, nurse. All are great. However I do feel like my kids are learning at a slow paste. Both are honor students. One is in the TAG program. They both had EIP teachers last year, until I hired a tutor. Now instead of a few A's and mostly B's. They're getting one or two B's and mostly A's. Thanks to the tutor, not the school.

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted February 11, 2010
My child has been at Mt. Olive ES since Pre K and has truly excelled academically. He wakes up every morning excited about going to school and this is largely due to the caring enviornment that the teachers and administrators have created. I am unsre what may have happened to some of these other parents with low ratings, but nearly all of the parents love this school.

Posted April 09, 2009
I have had experience with the ins and outs of several schools in this area. MOE is one of the best schools for an elementary age child. The small environment truly puts 'students' first. The academic growth of EVERY child is the priority of this school. The staff gives a 110% in every aspect of the building. The principal appears to be firm and head strong at times, but I notice it seems to most times be about educating children. We need more principals to step and and stick up for our children.

Posted October 24, 2008
My primary concern is that the principal attempts to run this elementary school with an iron fist. There is an exodus of teachers each year which makes it difficult for parents to get to know the teachers because they're not there very long. There is low morale amongst the teachers and staff and many parents who are unhappy have simply put their children in other schools instead of trying to battle with the principal who uses the school for his own personal purposes.

Posted October 24, 2008

Posted August 02, 2008

Posted May 23, 2008

Mount Olive Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2007
My major concern for this institution is that the staff, including the principal, refuse to work with the parents on the academic success of their children. This is disheartening because I volunteered at the school almost every week to ensure the academic direction of my child, only to discover that she was placed in certain classes based not on my request or observation as a parent, but on their 'number/card system'. Rather than view your child as an individual with individual needs, or work with the parents on the academic achievement of your child, they leave the future of your child to statistics and numbers. Additionally, I could not get aquainted with the teachers because the turn-over rate is so high. New teachers each year made it hard to evaluate the BEST teacher for our child.

Mount Olive Elementary School
3353 Mount Olive Rd, East Point, GA  30344
Last modified Mount Olive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Olive Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top