Bad
Good

Im an eighth grader this year at woodland middle school. Great school . Nice staff and excelent expectations. However, there are many fights and about 80%of the students either have interrest in gangs and bring that into school environment and are just there to disrupt the classroom. Along with that 80% of students many are in bloods, crips og's, etc... . The rest are good students who actually want a good education.

This is the worst school to send your child. Please listen to me this school is gang infected.

My son is a 6th grader here at Woodland Middle and he loves this school, just as well as I do. The staff is absolutely great. There are after school programs, extracurricular activities for all students to involve themselves in. I would love for my son to continue his education until his 8th grade year.

Well there is much i can say about this school because im a student that goes here in ms.nunnaly's class.all the teachers there are nice and helpful. they all care for the students and give high expactations.one thing i can say this is the school i always wanted to come too because woodland middle school is a community of scholars.and we keep our swag on.stay focused. will follow directions. always be prepared.give respect to get it.woodland middle school is the best school i ever been to.

This is my son's first year at Woodland. He is in sixth grade. We have had positive experiences from day one. Both principal's have been exceptionally supportive. Hat's off to the trachers in the "The House of Respect" They are doing a fantastic job. As parents we can't just sit back and complain, point fingers and blame the staff for our own shortcomings and failures. We have to take responsibility and be proactive in our own children's education. We as parents have to first ask ourselves "How much time do I spend with my child tutoring and helping my child with his/her school work" Second "How much time do I voluteer to my child's school?" If you aren't busy being a part of the solution then you are definately a part of the problem. Instead of blaming and doing nothing, take action and do something. Volunteer, help out, support the school and the staff. Then you will be helping and supporting your child.

Excellent school. I am eager to see how the new academy turns out. 5/5 stars.

I'm glad to have this opportunity to respond to the most recent negative review. Obviously, this was a disgruntled parent who has applied their apparent negative experience with one or a few to the whole which is obviously exaggerated. This is ABSOLUTELY a school that cares about their students. I never would have allowed my daughter to transfer here if I didn't believe that. I personally witness on a daily basis the amount of care and concern the staff exercises for Woodland students. I regret this parent had a negative experience. That's one opinion based on a personal experience. I encourage and invite any parent considering Woodland to take a close look and decide for yourself. You will not be disappointed. It is a tight ship for the safety and security of all students and to provide the best and most conducive learning environment. Woodland is striving to be the best. For parents who expect less, (because some do), then perhaps it's not a good fit for them and their students.

I would advise anyone looking for a good school to bypass this one. The principal runs a tight ship by keeping the kids in line but a good portion of the people who work at the school- teachers and admin staff are just collecting checks. They don't care about the kids. It's very obvious.

I'm a sixth grade student there and its great. The administration is a little strict but overall its wonderful. My teachers are great. They make doing work fun. But i'm worried about the bullies and kids who want to act like adults. Sometimes i'm afraid of running into them. I really hope they get that under control.

Excellent Principal! Many dedicated teachers, a few mediocre ones. Great Staff - very supportive in moving parerwork setting up meetings, etc.. Poor, poor, poor handling of bullying. Sneaky, mean, violent kids operating under the radar and no one see's or does anything. Must stop the violence so ALL of the kids can concentrate on academics with NO FEAR of their safety, EVERYDAY. I''m so glad we've graduated and moved on!! My prayers to those still in it.

Last modified Woodland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.