Tri-Cities High School

Public | 9-12

Posted August 25, 2014

As a substitute teacher I am always happy to take an assignment at Tri-Cities. The student body is diverse, creative and self motivated. Definitely deserving of a higher rating.

Posted April 17, 2014

Tri-cities-Magnet High School was a perfect fit for my daughter. Mr. Sims has been and still is a caring principal.

Posted October 28, 2013

Dont believe all of the craziness that you read about Tri-Cities HS!! It is one of the best high schools in South Fulton County! Believe me I have sent two students to this school and I am so happy that I did. They care about the students and each other. They provide the tools needed for the students and parents to get the education that is needed. Its like leading a horse to water you cant make em drink! Its up to the parents and students to want this free education. When its time for college and you havent done what you needed to do then you are going to have to pay for your child to go to college. I advised each parent to be a big part of their childs education and then if your not happy with that the school is offering the child you can voice your opinion. Until then learn to voice your own opinion not echo others.

Posted October 25, 2013

Wow! After reading several reviews on TCHS, I am very surprised to find out the downward spiral my old high school has taken. I gave TCHS a 5-star rating based off the time I spent there. I graduated in 1996 and at that time Dr. Robinson was the residing principal and Ms. Viola Turner was the Magnet Program Director. Both gave amazing leadership during my high school career, come on TCHS faculty and staff, don't let our future leaders down!

Posted August 23, 2012

Tri cities high school where do i begin.....as a student its a task all in itself along with getting your work done and trying to become successful and graduate. Its the second week of school and im a senior now ( C/O 2013 ) and its not a place where i feel comfortable. Its alot of drama that goes on during the day that messes up learning time.Kids are more concerned about who pregnant who goes with whom who has on what etc. Dont get me started on the imature minds that wonder this school and dont know how to grow up...and im just talking about the seniors. Its sad for the most part im glad its my last year.I wouldnt say the school is bad although the roaches and things are but its not that bad of a place its just the people in it that you have to deal with on a day to day basis......

Posted April 28, 2012

We went to see the spring dance show, it was much better than anything the dance department did last year but it was slow and drawn out.

Posted February 19, 2012

This school is terrible!! I am VERY disappointed in our experience with this school thus far. Everytime I try to call the school nobody answers or returns my calls. The staff never want to accept responsbility for their professionalism behavior. My child complains about the distractions in the classrooms and the teacher's lack of thoroughly explaining how to complete their tasks. I have never seen incompetence on this level in my life! I am considering relocating either out of the district or the state because of this school (if this is the best GA has to offer our kids).

Posted November 3, 2011

I have had three children attend Tri-cities, My oldest son dropped out because he felt that he was unable to learn due to the disruptions that would go on in the classes. Two remain there and they complain about the same thing. I have a senior that can never talk with her counsler because he just so busy! They both complain that the teachers are good to give orders, but never explain or help instruct the children by example. I'm not sure why some of the teachers are even employed. Don't get me wrong, we do have some outstanding teachers that I know teach and treat all the children fairly, but some really need to move on because they are as inmature as some of the students they teach. I wish my children had PRIDE in their school!

Posted July 18, 2011

Tri Cities is a bad and boring school,, they baraly teach you anything.. Thats why im glad we moved out of that district.. Now i attend Westlake High and im loving it they really know how to show the students dedication to thier work.. they Actually teach us students(:

Posted May 20, 2011

Tri Cities was an excellent school, then Dr. Horton left ... despite the feel good reports on the news, the overall quality of instruction has diminished, the magnet program has gone down and the general feeling of quality that once existed is gone. I have been extremely disappointed with everything this year! The percent of students passing the GHSGT dropped this year, there have been more fights, the teachers are non-responsive, the counseling office is never available to answer questions, the magnet department administrator is out to lunch, the only bright spots are the band and a handful of (white) AP teachers.

Posted February 1, 2011

Tri-Cities High School sucks...I have been trying to speak to someone for the past week, calling everyday and all I get is their voice message. I leave messages and no one returns any of my calls. One of the voice messages say "Please don't leave multiple messages". If phone calls are not being returned, what are we as concerned parents supposed to do?

Posted July 2, 2010

This is an excellent school. With all that's going on at this school, I feel it will be a great place for our students to attend. I just love the new principle that Tri-Cities have now. Mr. Sims is a great access to Tri-Cities. I will continue to support Tri-Cities for as long as my kids are there and beyond.

Posted March 8, 2010

I am a parent of a student in the Magnet. I am very unhappy with the program. We paid all this money and the students have not done anything. When you ask to speak with someone, everyone is sopposely busy. I am a proud parent and concern one to. I am involved by internet because giving money for nothing is not my thing. I hope someone from the school see this and call me.

Posted March 1, 2010

This school is very unsatisfactory. The administrators are overly strict and domineering. The teachers always think they are right and are never open for mature discussion.

Posted February 22, 2010

I am a member of TCHS class of 08. This school was amazing. I would not trade my experience here for anything in the world!!!

Posted September 16, 2009

It's Organized and Their very strict about what they do and want the best for their students.

Posted June 18, 2009

This school has an excellent performing arts and band program with scholarship.

Posted May 18, 2009

Tri-Cities High School is theworst school my child has ever been in. Most of the teachers there are careless and rude to the students. This school is the worst there can be!

Posted March 29, 2009

in my opinion this is the best school i have ever been to. I have gone to 7 highschools and out of all 7 this school had the best programs, after school help and best magnet programs i have ever seen.

Posted September 3, 2008

Tri-cities is the best school ever. I love it. No school can compare. We learn and have fun. I love tchs.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

400 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

398 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

399 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

400 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

383 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

470 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

376 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

476 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

484 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

405 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

425 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

336 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

387 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Librarian/media specialist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

Music
  • Band
Performing and written arts
  • Drama

• Dan Anthony Sims
Fax number
  • (404) 669-8158

Staff resources available to students
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

• Band
Performing arts
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2575 Harris St