East Point, GA

Romar Academy 1

Posted June 05, 2014
Our family has been at Romar for 5 years and have watched it deteriorate into the substandard school that it is now. The teachers (particularly first through third grade) are known to bully the kids by hitting , pinching and grabbing them. It is not uncommon for them to degrade them in front of their peers, talk about their parents nor embarrass them. The teachers often time use homemade computer generated tests, which leave way for a lot of subjectivness when grading. The administration is weak and has no formal education or educational leadership training. I would not recommend Romar Academy to anyone whose child is entering the first grade. Pre K through kindergarten come highly recommended. Romar is nothing like what it used to be, the academics as well as the building are subpar. The first through third grade teachers are very unprofessional and leave a lot to be desired.

Romar Academy 4

Posted January 06, 2014
I am glad that I enrolled my son into Romar Academy. The school is an excellent learning environment. I see improvements over where he was academically and where he is currently. The only issue that I see is in the leadership. They should communicate better with the parents.

Posted May 18, 2013
I am extremely happy that I decided to enroll my child at Romar Academy. They have an extraordinary academic and extracurricular program at very affordable rates. The school is small so every adult knows and looks out for my child. My daughter is excited about school and has excelled here. While they may not have all of the fancy bells and whistles of some other private schools, they have correctly placed their emphasis on a quality accelerated curriculum balanced with healthy child development in a nurturing environment. In addition to regular classroom academics, all levels have computer instruction along with using I-Pads and take foreign language class.

Posted April 26, 2013
As a parent I know the challenge to find a great school that invovles great learning as well as a family atmosphere. Well I took a chance and I am grateful to find such an outstanding school. All of the teachers including staff really get to know the students. The teachers are warm and passionate about thier jobs. Again I am thrilled to have my son attend Romar and look forward for many great things to come!

Posted January 27, 2012
Romar is an excellent school. We've recently upgraded our computer lab and will be installing Smartboards and getting an IPAD library. Its challanging and requires parent involvement. It has a family atmosphere with many extracurricular activities.

Posted February 16, 2011
Romar has one of the best cultures that I've seen. All of the kids know each other, even the older kids in 5th and 6th grades know the kids in Pre-K. The students encourage each other and have an innocence that you simply don't see in most other schools. No bullying or teasing, just friendship and support of each other. My oldest child gets upset if I pick him up from school before 5:30 because he enjoys being there so much. The parents are very involved and the family atmosphere is one of kind. I feel that my children are being challenged academically and ITBS scores prove it. Paying for private school is tough, but tuition at Romar is a bargain for what you get. The administration has listened to any concerns that I have brought to their attention and made an honest effort to address them. The school could use more funding, but their active PTA continues to raise funds to supplement their needs. I have visited upwards of 20 elementary schools around SW Atlanta, South Fulton County, and South/Southwest/West/Northwest of I-285 and this was by far the best fit for my children.

Romar Academy 4

Posted July 07, 2010
Romar is a blessing. I have two children there who are thriving and love to go to school in the morning. The early years program is awesome and challenging!

Posted November 17, 2009

Posted November 03, 2009
Romar Academy is the best kept secret in the Atlanta area. The small class size allows the excellent teachers to teach basic concepts in a nurturing envirornment. The PTA is one of the best in the Atlanta area and gearing up for a Fall Mixer and Holiday Toy exchange program. I recently attended the Fall Carnival and it was like attending a real live Home Coming: awesome! This private education setting is second to none.

Posted August 23, 2009
Well seems like either Romar was listneing to the parents or they had enough of the administration thmesleves to make the decision to part ways with the previous director/staff. Welcome back family envioronment! Welcome back Romar!

Romar Academy