East Point, GA

Posted June 04, 2015
This was my 1st year at Romar Academy and all I can say is "KUDOS" to the Administration and especially to the 1st grade teachers. My child was initially having difficulties, but my son's primary teacher noticed these problems and discussed them with me. She and I discussed possible solutions that were put into place and he ended up excelling every quarter. I was turned from a troubled parent into a proud parent. I also was faced with a life changing situation that impacted my family. The Romar Administration wrapped their arms around me and told me that my child would be fine. They would take care of him and make sure that he continues to get the exceptional teaching and caring experience that Romar is known for. I did not know much about Romar before my family came to the school. But now, I have an additional place to call home and new teachers and Administrators to call "Family". If you are seeking a place where your child can grow, develop and learn from the best and then become the BEST, then look no further. You have found a MIGHTY GOOD place.

Romar Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 04, 2015
Romar was built upon honesty, integrity and fairness. During the year I have been at Romar, my child continues to always tell the truth and always exhibits integrity and fairness when playing with classmates or interacting with his teachers or the Administrators.

Posted February 19, 2015
Romar Academy provides an excellent learning environment with a family atmosphere that has been extremely beneficial to my two daughters. They both love going to school every day, which was not the case at their last school. My husband and I have watched them grow and excel academically in their time there. The administration has been communicative and regularly above and beyond my expectations in customer service and addressing any concerns I may have. Their location is easily accessible to major highways and less than 15 minutes from my office in downtown Atlanta. In comparison to other comparable educational environments in the area, they are quite affordable and I am grateful every day that my girlfriend recommended Romar to me and that I followed her advice and enrolled my girls there.

Romar Academy 1

Posted June 05, 2014
Our family has been at Romar for 5 years and have watched it deteriorate into the substandard school that it is now. The teachers (particularly first through third grade) are known to bully the kids by hitting , pinching and grabbing them. It is not uncommon for them to degrade them in front of their peers, talk about their parents nor embarrass them. The teachers often time use homemade computer generated tests, which leave way for a lot of subjectivness when grading. The administration is weak and has no formal education or educational leadership training. I would not recommend Romar Academy to anyone whose child is entering the first grade. Pre K through kindergarten come highly recommended. Romar is nothing like what it used to be, the academics as well as the building are subpar. The first through third grade teachers are very unprofessional and leave a lot to be desired.

Romar Academy 4

Posted January 06, 2014
I am glad that I enrolled my son into Romar Academy. The school is an excellent learning environment. I see improvements over where he was academically and where he is currently. The only issue that I see is in the leadership. They should communicate better with the parents.

Posted May 18, 2013
I am extremely happy that I decided to enroll my child at Romar Academy. They have an extraordinary academic and extracurricular program at very affordable rates. The school is small so every adult knows and looks out for my child. My daughter is excited about school and has excelled here. While they may not have all of the fancy bells and whistles of some other private schools, they have correctly placed their emphasis on a quality accelerated curriculum balanced with healthy child development in a nurturing environment. In addition to regular classroom academics, all levels have computer instruction along with using I-Pads and take foreign language class.

Posted April 26, 2013
As a parent I know the challenge to find a great school that invovles great learning as well as a family atmosphere. Well I took a chance and I am grateful to find such an outstanding school. All of the teachers including staff really get to know the students. The teachers are warm and passionate about thier jobs. Again I am thrilled to have my son attend Romar and look forward for many great things to come!

Posted March 13, 2012
Romar Academy is a great school! My child is reading, adding/subtracting, and learning a foreign language at four years old. He is excited about learning. The entire staff is friendly and familiar with everyone at the school. I love this school!

Posted January 27, 2012
Romar is an excellent school. We've recently upgraded our computer lab and will be installing Smartboards and getting an IPAD library. Its challanging and requires parent involvement. It has a family atmosphere with many extracurricular activities.

Posted February 16, 2011
Romar has one of the best cultures that I've seen. All of the kids know each other, even the older kids in 5th and 6th grades know the kids in Pre-K. The students encourage each other and have an innocence that you simply don't see in most other schools. No bullying or teasing, just friendship and support of each other. My oldest child gets upset if I pick him up from school before 5:30 because he enjoys being there so much. The parents are very involved and the family atmosphere is one of kind. I feel that my children are being challenged academically and ITBS scores prove it. Paying for private school is tough, but tuition at Romar is a bargain for what you get. The administration has listened to any concerns that I have brought to their attention and made an honest effort to address them. The school could use more funding, but their active PTA continues to raise funds to supplement their needs. I have visited upwards of 20 elementary schools around SW Atlanta, South Fulton County, and South/Southwest/West/Northwest of I-285 and this was by far the best fit for my children.

Romar Academy