PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 16, 2015
Thank you for teaching me what to look for in a real leader outside of Romar academy. There is no leadership at Romar academy! I wish that I would have listened to one of the parents at soccer who said that Romar is all fluff! They mentioned that the real leader was the woman who founded the school and that now the sons have taken over and that things have taken a turn for the worse. There is NO accountability! Hopefully someone will read this and it will help them to make the right decision based on the facts. Romar academy is awful! Please judge this book by it's exterior cover!

Romar Academy 1

Posted October 16, 2015
Please let this be a warning! Do NOT send your child to this school if you are interested in a positive and safe learning environment. My child attended this school briefly which turned out to be a big mistake. We were sold on their academic standards. They reel you in by introducing the learning style and how their students are top notch. They claim to never use kindergarten material/ books, their students work on first grade material. This was all according to the acting principle. We were excited to know that our child would receive a great education. We were estatic thinking that we had found a school that our child could go to all the way to the 5th grade. The first week went well without a hitch. We discovered that our child had resistance when it was time to be dropped off in the morning. The cafeteria was the drop off location and there were NO teachers to greet us. Yes, our child was left in the cafeteria with just the lunch attendant. Shortly afterwards, we learned that the teacher is not as approachable as she was during orientation. Her teaching technic is used in a non nurturing manner. The teacher is very old-school and will not conform to the learning style of the new era. Her style may have worked 10-15 years ago, but today's children are more technical and more intelligent. Thankfully, we continue the education process at home. The school is lacking security at the front door. Anyone off the street could walk in. They have the opportunity to lock it, but their too lazy to do so. No matter the time of day, the doors are typically unlocked. That made us uneasy. The school seems to be dilapidated both inside and out. There is a air conditioning unit in each window which is a cause for concern. This should be a violation! As a parent, I urge you to use good judgement when doing research for any school, but Romar in particular. They paint a good picture of happy kids on their website, but make certain to evaluate the teachers in this school! There is a major lack in leadership meaning, there is no leadership! I believe years ago the founders had good intention, but it has been lost. I believe they are now driven by money, government, or otherwise. Based on the schools lack, not sure how funds are allocated. Do not be fooled by their website! It's unrealistic! My child is now at Landmark and is excelling in a much healthier environment!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 14, 2015
The teachers and administration always encouraged my boys to be honest, fair and take responsibility for their behavior.

Posted September 14, 2015
My son completed PK4, Kindergarten and 1st grade at Romar. He had an awesome experience during those years. His 1st grade teacher truly stood out. When my son first started the school year he wasn't focused and wasn't doing well with his grades. His teacher took time with him and tailored teaching where he could understand. When he started his test scores were barely at the 1st grade level. When he left the class his reading and math scores were both at the end of 3rd grade. This teacher gave him confidence and instilled such an awesome love of learning in him. I also have a child who is in PK2 and simply adores the teacher. He is very strong-willed and wants to do things his way. However, the teacher has created a routine for him which still gives him creativity and flexibility. He knows his letters, colors, phonetic sounds, shapes and is learning things that are taught 1-2 grade levels up. Both of my kids are thriving and had an excellent learning experience.

Posted June 04, 2015
This was my 1st year at Romar Academy and all I can say is "KUDOS" to the Administration and especially to the 1st grade teachers. My child was initially having difficulties, but my son's primary teacher noticed these problems and discussed them with me. She and I discussed possible solutions that were put into place and he ended up excelling every quarter. I was turned from a troubled parent into a proud parent. I also was faced with a life changing situation that impacted my family. The Romar Administration wrapped their arms around me and told me that my child would be fine. They would take care of him and make sure that he continues to get the exceptional teaching and caring experience that Romar is known for. I did not know much about Romar before my family came to the school. But now, I have an additional place to call home and new teachers and Administrators to call "Family". If you are seeking a place where your child can grow, develop and learn from the best and then become the BEST, then look no further. You have found a MIGHTY GOOD place.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 04, 2015
Romar was built upon honesty, integrity and fairness. During the year I have been at Romar, my child continues to always tell the truth and always exhibits integrity and fairness when playing with classmates or interacting with his teachers or the Administrators.

Posted February 19, 2015
Romar Academy provides an excellent learning environment with a family atmosphere that has been extremely beneficial to my two daughters. They both love going to school every day, which was not the case at their last school. My husband and I have watched them grow and excel academically in their time there. The administration has been communicative and regularly above and beyond my expectations in customer service and addressing any concerns I may have. Their location is easily accessible to major highways and less than 15 minutes from my office in downtown Atlanta. In comparison to other comparable educational environments in the area, they are quite affordable and I am grateful every day that my girlfriend recommended Romar to me and that I followed her advice and enrolled my girls there.

Romar Academy 1

Posted June 05, 2014
Our family has been at Romar for 5 years and have watched it deteriorate into the substandard school that it is now. The teachers (particularly first through third grade) are known to bully the kids by hitting , pinching and grabbing them. It is not uncommon for them to degrade them in front of their peers, talk about their parents nor embarrass them. The teachers often time use homemade computer generated tests, which leave way for a lot of subjectivness when grading. The administration is weak and has no formal education or educational leadership training. I would not recommend Romar Academy to anyone whose child is entering the first grade. Pre K through kindergarten come highly recommended. Romar is nothing like what it used to be, the academics as well as the building are subpar. The first through third grade teachers are very unprofessional and leave a lot to be desired.

Romar Academy 4

Posted January 06, 2014
I am glad that I enrolled my son into Romar Academy. The school is an excellent learning environment. I see improvements over where he was academically and where he is currently. The only issue that I see is in the leadership. They should communicate better with the parents.

Posted May 18, 2013
I am extremely happy that I decided to enroll my child at Romar Academy. They have an extraordinary academic and extracurricular program at very affordable rates. The school is small so every adult knows and looks out for my child. My daughter is excited about school and has excelled here. While they may not have all of the fancy bells and whistles of some other private schools, they have correctly placed their emphasis on a quality accelerated curriculum balanced with healthy child development in a nurturing environment. In addition to regular classroom academics, all levels have computer instruction along with using I-Pads and take foreign language class.

2148 Newnan Avenue, East Point, GA  30344