East Point, GA

Posted August 22, 2014
As a former student at Hamilton e Holmes (I'm now in the 8th grade attending Paul d west) my experience there was great I loved all my teachers and I attend that school in 1st-5th grade a made plenty of friends that I still attend paul d west with now I had no problems with any teachers and til this day I still go and visit the school also my mom went to school with most of the teachers so I could always go to them. At heh (as I call it) I exceed all the curvy test and got the highest in the whole school for 5th grade. At heh it really set the path for me in middle school I really enjoyed my time there (and wish I could go back) if I still leave in Georgia when I grow up this would be the elementary school my kids would attend (not so sure about Paul d west yet there still in the process over change around) I truly love everything about heh form the textbooks to there lunch I strongly believe you should send you child here if you want you child to exceed in every thing (s)he does!!!

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2014
The front desk persons are very rude, principal can also be rude. My grandson had an excellent kinderg teacher last year.He enjoyed learning. His 1st grade teacher constantly absent, demonstrates lack of interest in students needs. This year, he says he hates school and refuses to do the work.

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School 3

Posted October 27, 2013
My child attends Hamilton E. Holmes elem., this is her second year here. Overall the staff is abundant, the mix of educational and ethnic backgrounds is a plus, and curriculum activities meet state requirements. This school offers a great after school program that helps all grade levels with homework, play time and other skillful activities. Some cons are the professionalism is mediocre, the principal doesn t have the kid s interest set as a priority. She believes in suspension verses educating the kids and making them learn from there wrong doing. Not all the teachers have the patients to teacher nor the creativity to teach these children to learn and think outside the box. We need more teachers that come to work to uplift the kids and even more parent involvement to get these children a better education within the Atlanta-Fulton Public School System.

Posted August 14, 2013
This year will be my sons second year attending Hamilton E. Holmes and I am very satisfied with the teachers and my sons overall success.

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School 1

Posted June 14, 2012
The school grounds and building are nice but my son's teacher last year was horrible! No type of parent/teacher involvement whatsoever!!! I was totally clueless as to what they were learning, doing, studying, etc... There were no phone calls, no paperwork, no emails, NOTHING!!! Currently looking for a new school as we speak! Highly disappointed!!!

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2010
Overall, the school is ok. Finding a good teacher can be hit or miss. This year, I am really happy with my child's teacher. He has really motivated her to read which is something she never likes to do. My child actually said to me "I really like school this year"!

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
Hamilton E. Holmes has an excellent staff and support group. I have experience a family togetherness every since my child has begun there. They do their best to make sure each and every student is prepared for the future.

Posted June 05, 2009

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2009
I am very happy with this school, and the are amazing. My 5th grader has ADD... we've tranfered school about 4 times since he been in school. I felt like some teachers was pass him to the next level just because. This is the first time that I felt like his teacher cares about him she calls me once a week to let me how things are going. Im Very pleased.

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School 0

Posted April 09, 2009
I am very happy with the school. I haven't had a problem at all my son make straight A's. When he does have a problem the teacher lets me know ASAP.

Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School
2301 Connally Dr, East Point, GA  30344
Last modified Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top