Cameron Academy 1

Posted May 14, 2012
This school has got to be one of the worst so called privet schools in Georgia. Their is low moral among staff because not only are they not receiving pay on time if at all but they are threatened that if they ask for their rightfully owed pay they will be fired. Also their is no accountability from the Dean of this school as to why so many children aren't learning in her school. I am a licensed therapist and i have seen so many kids who have attended this so called school just by chance through cases that are not related that i couldn't help but to warn every parent out there that if you are considering enrolling your child into a privet school please do your research first . Thank You.

Posted July 05, 2010
I think that Cameron is on the right track and doing a good job of moving forward. Cameron is still fairly new so glitches and bumps are to be expected. Bottom line, as all the reviews say, the students learn at Cameron and the teachers are AWESOME. Wouldn't you say that is what makes a school successful? Yes, there are administration/organizational issues, but Dean Martin is trying to iron those things out, as she moves forward. If you want a perfect school...good luck finding one! Maybe these parents in the recent reviews should go to Woodward Academy and pay $25,000. SMH!

Cameron Academy 2

Posted June 22, 2010
I am a parent of a former Cameron Academy student who is very disappointed in this school. My child will not be returning. I had high expectations coming into the school and was let down in all but one area. My child's teacher was amazing. However, the leadership in this school is very poor. They are extremely unorganized and consistently make promises that they can't keep. Example there was no standardized testing at the end of the year. We were not warned about this. Rather, we prepared our children for testing that never happened. Up until the week of the test, we were still being told that it would not happen. I suspect it didn't b/c they could not afford to administer the test. Now, as a parent, I can only pray that my child is prepared for her next grade level. It s sad that I have to get a tutor to ensure that she is.

Posted May 19, 2010
I am an Educator but I am a parent first. My daughter is in the 2 year old program and her teacher is EXCELLENT. Her teacher has taught her so many skills and definitely teaches the whole child. During registration, I was promised technology, science lab lessons and that the tuition would not be increased under any circumstances; none of the promises were kept. I paid supply fees and I supplied my daughter's teacher with supplies throughout the year. There is absolutely no technology, not even email for communication. The Office staff is the worst and the Dean lacks appropriate interpersonal skills and the knowledge base to deal effectively with parents of all ethnicities and socio-economic status. Again, my daughter's teacher is the BEST and shoul dprobably consider sharing her skills with kids at another facility worthy of her expertise. I will NOT be returning next school term.

Cameron Academy 1

Posted May 04, 2010
Very disappointed with the school and the administration. The list can go on and on about reasons not to send your child here. Unruly upperclassmen that treat the school like its under their rule (cursing, no uniforms, smoking etc), extremely low teacher morale, cold classrooms, no technology, no communication with parents. Lots of promises given and hardly any were delivered. As a paying parent it was extremely hard to support an organization that push parents concerns aside and not putting the children first when making decisions. We made a hard decision to withdraw or child, dont put your family through this!

Posted March 31, 2010
I am a parent and staff member of Cameron! It is sad that parents have to go online to disrespect schools. We have alot of unhappy people right now-because we are finally putting our foot down to irresponsible students and parents! We are going to have a brand new school-with a brand new school year! We need students and parents who will support Cameron 100%! Parents need to step up.... or step out! Dean Martin is and will continue to make the changes needed to improve Cameron. She has a vision for Cameron. She will get Cameron where it needs to be! She will get the staff who has this vision! Oprah Winfrey said it best ' Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down'

Posted March 31, 2010
I am a parent to a high school student! I am very pleased with Cameron Academy! We are really excited about this huge rennovation and remodeling project to begin this year! New Classroom, New Gym, New Media Center, New Computer Lab!!! Cameron has worked very hard to get here!! Go Cougars! Go Cameron Staff! Go Dean Martin!! We are behind this school 100%!

Posted March 31, 2010
Wow! Go Cameron! We have seen what is coming!!! Cameron has and will continue to go further! Don't expect it to be easy to get in next year! Dean Martin will be much more selective to students and parents! Cameron is spending a great deal of time, energy, and money. Cameron needs ONLY parent and students who want and deserve to be at Cameron! Good Job Cameron!!!

Posted March 08, 2010
I think parents need to work harder to support Dean Martin and her vision for the school. She has a good heart and is doing the best that she can, with what she has. She loves the school and the kids. I do agree that some of her staff needs to be let go. They can be very unprofessional and don't have the background to work in the private school setting. They are the ones bringing the school down and making bad first impressions. It's not her or the teachers!! The teachers work hard and love the kids.

Posted March 03, 2010
My child is currently enrolled at Cameron Academy and I am very disappointed with the broken promises my husband and I received when considering Cameron. The administrative staff is very unprofessional and seem to lack education and common courtesy. The Dean seems to only be concerned with having a school, but not able to run a school and pay for the staff needed. The best thing about the school is the Teachers, they really care about the students. However, I will not be re-enrolling my child for the upcoming school year and I know quite a few parents that will going down that same road. I am counting the days until the last day of school and no more Cameron Academy. Very Disappointed for the amount of money I am spending for tuition. A private school running like an average school (minus the Teachers) should be FREE!!!! I want a refund!

Cameron Academy
1312 Knotts Ave., East Point, GA  30344
Last modified Cameron Academy is a Private school
Cameron Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.