Parklane Elementary School 5

Posted June 07, 2013
Parklane Elementary is a great school. My son attended kindergarten with Ms. Johnson and first grade with Ms. Malone. Both teachers are great! Ms. Johnson was attentive challenged our son and communicated well with us. Ms. Johnson did a great job in teaching our son to read and provided a great environment for him to be himself. The school has great programs for students to get involved. Ms. Jones, parent liaison, encourages parents to volunteer and get involved daily. She instituted a mothers and fathers group and a host of other programs to aid parents to be their best. The parent resource room is the best I have seen. It holds supplemental educational resources for parents to check-out for student use. Dr. Fields,principal, is a great leader. He demands a lot from the faculty, staff, and students. He is approachable and communicates well with the students and parents. I chatted daily with him when dropping my son off to school. Ms. Neal at the front desk is delightful and greets everyone with a smile and helpful information. The school has a great lunchroom and the staff are helpful. The library is big and inviting. Overall, the school is great and encourages parent involvement.

Parklane Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2007
I can only speak for myself but I have been very pleased with Parklane. I stay very involved with what my children are doing especially when it comes to school work and behavior issues. I visit their teachers a couple times a week if not more.

Parklane Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I found the low teacher/student ratio a strong point, but the school is lacking in so many other areas. Also before you are allowed to volunteer you have to go through what they call 'training' and a parent is required to give a 24 hour notice to the school before being allowed to observe his/her child. My child no longer attends this school.

Parklane Elementary School
2809 Blount St, East Point, GA  30344
Last modified Parklane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parklane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.