PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

We moved here a year and a half ago and it was the best decision we have ever made for our family. There is a focus on Christian values, individualized teaching, small classes, kind, friendly people and teachers who care! All three of our children are thriving!

Our three children love school here. Lower school teachers are challenging and think outside the box.

Our experience at Gatewood has been a great one! We have enjoyed attending plays, athletics and other activities. Teachers and parents alike have always taken time to stop and greet our son and us. It is wonderful to know that our family has a much larger family as our son moves through school.

Rigorous education in a comfortable, Christian environment. You know your kids are in the best hands when you drop them off. Neither my husband nor I are from Eatonton nor did we attend Gatewood, yet we were welcomed and brought into the family, despite. It is a loving family. It is a safe learning environment. Most importantly to our family is that Jesus is not only welcome in the school, but He is a main focus. We love our school, and hate for anyone to not have felt the same love that we have experienced.

There is a reason this school only gets 3 out of 5 stars...and frankly it should be NO stars. Read the reviews...."if you are the new kid, you don't fit in , you are bullied." This is our 2nd year at Gatewood and it will be our last- and not fast enough!!!!! One of my kids has been bullied from day 1, which we have repeatedly talked to the headmaster about- who has done NOTHING!!!!! He is a joke of a headmaster. If you care anything about your kids, go anywhere but this excuse of a school. Because of relocations of jobs, this is the 2nd school our kids have attended and it's a complete joke how this school is ran. If you didn't grow up in Eatonton or you aren't an Alumni..you are nothing. I've never seen a school more full of rude, disrespectful punks in my life with the head of the administration promoting a "Christian learning enviornment", which is a complete laugh. Wake up Gatewood!!! You're going to continue to lose good families moving to this area your school desperately needs....because of the internal problems you don't handle!!! If you're thinking of this school, save your kids, go as far away from it as you can!! The academics is less than stellar too!

I currently attend Gatewood in the 6th grade.I love my school! There are a lot of athletic programs and clubs to join.The only issue I have is being "the new kid" and "fitting in".In my class there are two groups the sports players and the funny people.If you aren't in one of those crowds you basically get left out.Also almost every kid in my class I've known since the beginning,but when there is a new kid there is usually a lot of bullying.

This school is very hard to be accepted into because most of the kids have been together since k12 the don't accept "the new kid" very we'll if he/she joins later (3rd grade) I have found that many teachers in the middle school are over critical or mean my son came home one day and got a demerit for looking at a clock I mean come on there have been many more "inciednts" In witch the teacher gets on to kids for the most pitiful of things and If your child happens to be very smart with computers if any thing goes wrong the blame your child like he is a hacker or something when really it was no more than a computer error

Our family transferred quickly into the Greensboro area and we placed our children in Gatewood. After 1 1/2 years, we removed the children prior to the end of the school year. This school may be adequate and suit the need for some families. Do the research and see if it is a fit for your children. Yes, it is the biggest bang for your buck considering your other choices. Gatewood lacks the high academic and ethical standards that we look for in an educational institution. It was very difficult to establish communication with teachers, few teachers utilize email, website grades and homework poorly posted, emphasis higher on athletics, sat scores not available, and the classrooms were cramped and unkempt. On a final note, there is a lack of diversity in curriculum as well as the college choices available to the Gatewood graduate. Unless, of course, staying in-state is ok.

I currently have two children that attend Gatewood. I am very pleased with the education in which they receive. The teachers are great! They also have wonderful athletic programs. I would recommend this school 100%.

Personally, I do not understand how they allowed my step-child to continue attending this school after having to attend summer school every year to advance to the next grade. This was no fault of the school in my opinion but I question why they allowed the poor performance. The only reason I can think of is money which they constantly want more of. The website where parents can keep up with the their child's progress is never complete and often takes days to update what little they do update. I still do not even know what the final test grades for this year were.

Last modified Gatewood School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12