Gatewood School 5

Posted October 02, 2014
Rigorous education in a comfortable, Christian environment. You know your kids are in the best hands when you drop them off. Neither my husband nor I are from Eatonton nor did we attend Gatewood, yet we were welcomed and brought into the family, despite. It is a loving family. It is a safe learning environment. Most importantly to our family is that Jesus is not only welcome in the school, but He is a main focus. We love our school, and hate for anyone to not have felt the same love that we have experienced.

Posted February 21, 2014
There is a reason this school only gets 3 out of 5 stars...and frankly it should be NO stars. Read the reviews...."if you are the new kid, you don't fit in , you are bullied." This is our 2nd year at Gatewood and it will be our last- and not fast enough!!!!! One of my kids has been bullied from day 1, which we have repeatedly talked to the headmaster about- who has done NOTHING!!!!! He is a joke of a headmaster. If you care anything about your kids, go anywhere but this excuse of a school. Because of relocations of jobs, this is the 2nd school our kids have attended and it's a complete joke how this school is ran. If you didn't grow up in Eatonton or you aren't an Alumni..you are nothing. I've never seen a school more full of rude, disrespectful punks in my life with the head of the administration promoting a "Christian learning enviornment", which is a complete laugh. Wake up Gatewood!!! You're going to continue to lose good families moving to this area your school desperately needs....because of the internal problems you don't handle!!! If you're thinking of this school, save your kids, go as far away from it as you can!! The academics is less than stellar too!

Posted November 07, 2013
I currently attend Gatewood in the 6th grade.I love my school! There are a lot of athletic programs and clubs to join.The only issue I have is being "the new kid" and "fitting in".In my class there are two groups the sports players and the funny people.If you aren't in one of those crowds you basically get left out.Also almost every kid in my class I've known since the beginning,but when there is a new kid there is usually a lot of bullying.

Posted July 30, 2013
This school is very hard to be accepted into because most of the kids have been together since k12 the don't accept "the new kid" very we'll if he/she joins later (3rd grade) I have found that many teachers in the middle school are over critical or mean my son came home one day and got a demerit for looking at a clock I mean come on there have been many more "inciednts" In witch the teacher gets on to kids for the most pitiful of things and If your child happens to be very smart with computers if any thing goes wrong the blame your child like he is a hacker or something when really it was no more than a computer error

Posted September 24, 2011
Our family transferred quickly into the Greensboro area and we placed our children in Gatewood. After 1 1/2 years, we removed the children prior to the end of the school year. This school may be adequate and suit the need for some families. Do the research and see if it is a fit for your children. Yes, it is the biggest bang for your buck considering your other choices. Gatewood lacks the high academic and ethical standards that we look for in an educational institution. It was very difficult to establish communication with teachers, few teachers utilize email, website grades and homework poorly posted, emphasis higher on athletics, sat scores not available, and the classrooms were cramped and unkempt. On a final note, there is a lack of diversity in curriculum as well as the college choices available to the Gatewood graduate. Unless, of course, staying in-state is ok.

Gatewood School 5

Posted August 10, 2011
I currently have two children that attend Gatewood. I am very pleased with the education in which they receive. The teachers are great! They also have wonderful athletic programs. I would recommend this school 100%.

Posted May 22, 2011
Personally, I do not understand how they allowed my step-child to continue attending this school after having to attend summer school every year to advance to the next grade. This was no fault of the school in my opinion but I question why they allowed the poor performance. The only reason I can think of is money which they constantly want more of. The website where parents can keep up with the their child's progress is never complete and often takes days to update what little they do update. I still do not even know what the final test grades for this year were.

Posted January 04, 2011
From my experience with private schools from Atlanta to Eatonton, Gatewood is absolutely the diamond in the rough. I have been very impressed with everyone from the faculty to the school leadership. This school is currently searching for a head of school and from what I hear they are looking as some quality candidates. Without a doubt everyone at this school wants my children prepared for college and they have the programs in place to do just that. The facilities are beautiful and the opportunities for extracurricular activities are plentiful. I am comforted by the feel of a family environment where everyone is welcome and Christian values are expected. As far as I can see that is the best bang for your buck anywhere around this area.

Posted September 29, 2010
I stumbled on this website and read the prior remarks and wanted to paint a much nicer picture of a great school. Gatewood is a good school. The school has been going through some very significant changes in the past few years. New administration, new board members, new teachers, and new families have brought a great wave of new ideas and programs to the school. Last year 8 graduating seniors applied to UGA and all 8 were accepted. Big private schools in Atlanta can't boast 100% acceptance to UGA! The SAT scores at Gatewood have risen tremendously and the latest reports show the latest scores above state, national and local averages(Putnam, Morgan, and Greene counties) AP classes are available for students, honors classes and college prep classes are also part of the High School curriculem. The extracurricular programs help to promote a well rounded student. Worth every penny of the tuition.

Gatewood School 2

Posted January 24, 2010
I have two kids currently attending school at Gatewood and they are constantly asking for more money! They will nickel and dime you to death. Gatewood is just an average school! However If you are an athlete it s a great place to play. Little focus on academics and even less on integrity. About the only good thing to say about this school is that it s better than the local public school. (And that isn t saying much)

Gatewood School