Ellenwood, GA

Posted December 27, 2014
I hate this school I tolerated the school last year because I love his teacher this year. I realized it's time to go to a new school or county.

Posted September 02, 2013
My 3 daughters currently attend East Clayton and I am tired of it... they dont challenge them enough, they have no activity programs really for the children, I feel the teachers are extremely lazy. I am moving ASAP back to Dekalb County next to some of the best schools

Posted July 12, 2013
I have had 3 children come through this school and I have yet to have a year without drama. The teachers and staff are lazy all the way down to the librarian who kept my daughter on a 3rd grade level reading until I contacted the area superintendent after the principal would do nothing. So glad to be moved out of this county.

East Clayton Elementary School 2

Posted July 11, 2013
The primary focus at this school seemed to be the CRCT. It's the focus as soon as school starts until it ends. I think a lot of them have gotten so wrapped up with the CRCT until they've forgotten to simply teach and show their love for teaching. I'm not sure if it's the stress that's seemingly put on the teachers because their job or pay is in jeopardy or other reasons. I thought the CRCT was suppose to be the sum of the year's lessons, instead for this county, the CRCT is taught as the lesson. Furthermore, lessons are more introduced than taught. Teachers should take advantage of the opportunity to place new reading material in their classrooms during the book fair where parents buy books for the classroom, some didn't even fill out their cards. Furthermore, Pizza Hut has a reward program that issues free pizza coupons to students that read a certain number of books each month. Some teachers didn't even use this simple and easy technique to motivate reading. Fifth graders, especially, need these reward programs. This school also have overcrowded classrooms, much needed pest control, staff/teacher unprofessionalism. I suppose these problems plague many other schools as well!

East Clayton Elementary School 4

Posted October 30, 2012
I love the relationship between the parents and staff. I'm not too thrill about the food that has been served at the last 2 parent/child breakfast. However, they have a great staff and PTA

Posted July 02, 2011
My daughter attended East Clayton K thru 5th grades. She excelled inevery area with the help of the teachers there. I hope we can find a middle school just as great as East Clayton. The teachers, principle and ass. principle are awesome. They are very personable and keep a handle on the kids.

East Clayton Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2009
I think East Clayton teachers are awesome. I believe they really care about educating the parent and the students. Way togo ECE

East Clayton Elementary School

Posted May 21, 2009
I've had 3 children come out of this school . We have had a very professional experience. I would rate this school at a high 10

Posted November 20, 2006
I have been very pleased with East Clayton Elementary school. My son in now in the 2nd grade and loves it. The teachers and staff are all very helpful and friendly. There are lots of activities for the community and the school every year. Keep up the good work ECE.

Posted September 19, 2006
Before my daughter started kindergarten this year, I was debating public school because I had heard so many negative issues regarding public schools as a whole. However, I am very pleased with East Clayon Elementary. Each time I call with a question, the staff is very pleasant and seem willing to assit me,leaving me with a feeling of comfort. I realize that communication is a must and the key to your child being successful in school. Communication is via email now. There is no reason for parents to feel that they can not get in touch with a teacher or staff. Communication is at your fingertips. I love my daughter's kindergarten teacher and hope 1st-5th grade teachers are just as wonderful!

East Clayton Elementary School
2750 Forest Pkwy, Ellenwood, GA  30294
Last modified East Clayton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
East Clayton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top