Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

There are a few good teachers here but the vast majority are LAZY. The discipline is far from great here. One year my son had to sit in a classroom with a student who threw tantrums which including throwing chairs and any other item she could get her hands on when she was made. She was given a slap on the wrist at least 4 times before she was finally transferred out of his classroom. She was only transferred after causing injury to the teacher. I was just waiting to see if my son was hit, so I could sue the county. It is ridiculous what they tolerate there. My son has shown such growth since leaving this place. The building is also old and falling apart. The roof was constantly leaking was a distraction and cause mold in the classroom which was a health hazard. My advice STAY AWAY if you are zoned here go to the county website and put in for a transfer but the options for good elementary schools in Clayton are limited and do your research....

I hate this school I tolerated the school last year because I love his teacher this year. I realized it's time to go to a new school or county.

My 3 daughters currently attend East Clayton and I am tired of it... they dont challenge them enough, they have no activity programs really for the children, I feel the teachers are extremely lazy. I am moving ASAP back to Dekalb County next to some of the best schools

I have had 3 children come through this school and I have yet to have a year without drama. The teachers and staff are lazy all the way down to the librarian who kept my daughter on a 3rd grade level reading until I contacted the area superintendent after the principal would do nothing. So glad to be moved out of this county.

The primary focus at this school seemed to be the CRCT. It's the focus as soon as school starts until it ends. I think a lot of them have gotten so wrapped up with the CRCT until they've forgotten to simply teach and show their love for teaching. I'm not sure if it's the stress that's seemingly put on the teachers because their job or pay is in jeopardy or other reasons. I thought the CRCT was suppose to be the sum of the year's lessons, instead for this county, the CRCT is taught as the lesson. Furthermore, lessons are more introduced than taught. Teachers should take advantage of the opportunity to place new reading material in their classrooms during the book fair where parents buy books for the classroom, some didn't even fill out their cards. Furthermore, Pizza Hut has a reward program that issues free pizza coupons to students that read a certain number of books each month. Some teachers didn't even use this simple and easy technique to motivate reading. Fifth graders, especially, need these reward programs. This school also have overcrowded classrooms, much needed pest control, staff/teacher unprofessionalism. I suppose these problems plague many other schools as well!

I love the relationship between the parents and staff. I'm not too thrill about the food that has been served at the last 2 parent/child breakfast. However, they have a great staff and PTA

My daughter attended East Clayton K thru 5th grades. She excelled inevery area with the help of the teachers there. I hope we can find a middle school just as great as East Clayton. The teachers, principle and ass. principle are awesome. They are very personable and keep a handle on the kids.

I think East Clayton teachers are awesome. I believe they really care about educating the parent and the students. Way togo ECE

I've had 3 children come out of this school . We have had a very professional experience. I would rate this school at a high 10

I have been very pleased with East Clayton Elementary school. My son in now in the 2nd grade and loves it. The teachers and staff are all very helpful and friendly. There are lots of activities for the community and the school every year. Keep up the good work ECE.

Last modified East Clayton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5