Ellenwood, GA
Students enrolled: 1,163

Cedar Grove High School 2

Posted June 16, 2015
My family and I moved to Dekalb County last summer. One of the first comments we heard was Don't enroll your children in any school starting with Cedar Grove. Because of our location and the timing, our children attended Cedar Grove middle and high schools. BIG MISTAKE on both accounts! Administration is a jokh and parent-teacher communication at both is non-existent. They had a few real teachers but the majority were only information exchangers. Emphasis is placed on everything but actual learning, especially at the high school. They are attending schools in Stone Mountain next term. Hoping and praying the next school year offers opportunities to learn, grow and thrive.

Posted July 07, 2011
I am a frustrated involved parent of children that attend Cedar Grove High, while I know that there are some great teachers there I have experienced some horrible ones. (What a dis-advantage to our children!). The Mission Statement of this school speaks about turning out future leaders of tomorrow - I don't see this happening if Cedar Grove High leadreship continues to allow there teachers to operate below standards. - Parents if you are not concerned, and at worst scared for the future of your children - YOU have put to much trust in these teachers. I agree with the student - If you are in a situation where you have No choice, lets hope your child get a good one. Good Luck!

Posted November 09, 2010
I currently am a sophomore here at this school. I agree with one of reviews saying that this school is mainly interested in sports. Here you have good teachers and you have bad teachers. You should hope your child doesn't get the bad teachers.

Cedar Grove High School 5

Posted October 12, 2010
I have been an active PTSA member for the past year and have observed a tremendous increase in parent & teacher involvement in the PTSA. My daughter is thriving academically and socially and enjoys CGHS a great deal! I am looking forward to making a difference and being a part of the great things about to explode at CGHS.

Posted January 02, 2010
This school is horrible! I moved into the Dekalb Co. district last year. I attended cedar grove middle(awful!) & this year I Attend Cedar Grove High. Im a freshman here. The only thing the school is interested in is sports. We dont get exposed to other after school activities. & the teachers are horrible and so is the classroom setting. My teachers never have enough time for me the student. Im a smart girl who usually loves school but this school makes me want to drop out!

Cedar Grove High School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
I like the competent staff and teachers. My daughter also attends this school.

Posted September 29, 2009
I think the school has improved a lot and will give a score of 4 out of 5. My son grades has improved a lot over the past two years.

Cedar Grove High School 4

Posted July 21, 2008
I have been a teacher at Cedar Grove High School for 8 years. CGHS is not perfect, but no school is. If you a looking for a school that stresses academics, career education, and moral development, than CGHS is the school for you. Most of the teachers are truly concerned about the education they are providing to students. We often us our own personal time to provide free tutorial for students, and our own money to help students who don't have school supplies. Student achievement is our primary focus. Our administrators are great, and they work very hard to provide a safe environment for our students.

Cedar Grove High School 5

Posted July 01, 2008
I am a veteran teacher. I have been with Dekalb County 22 years and at Cedar Grove High School 1 year. I have visited with a lot of elementary, middle and high schools within my 22 years. Cedar Grove High School is not a perfect school but it is a very good high school and it is on its way to greatness. The teachers and the administrators work very hard. I am so proud of Mrs. Williams-West she is a great role model. I am especially pleased with the 9th grade assistant principal, Mrs. Payton-Edwards. She is really holding her own. She is working with a great team and has big plans for the rising 9th grade students. I get great parent support and I make sure I let parents know they are a major factor in weather their child meets success or failure during their high school years at CGHS.

Posted May 01, 2008
Overall, I like the school and what's going on there. (Aside from the minor problems that are occurring at many of the metro area schools). I think that the parents could participate more in the activities provided at the school for the children. Also, parental involvement is always encouraged for PTA, parent/teacher conferences, sporting events, etc. but some parents don't support their children once they get to high school and this is sad.

2360 River Rd, Ellenwood, GA  30294
Last modified Cedar Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Grove High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top