Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

They are developing a great amount of fairness, integrity, and definitely honesty. I see no flaw in how they do there business.

They have a great amount of school spirit and they share many strengths in there overall learning and teaching.

I am a community member vested in the progress of our public schools. I am so proud of how this school staff came together to increase their CCRPI score by over 10 points this year. AMAZING!!! Also, they are out performing the district in their graduation rate by over 5%. The parent liaison here is awesome and continues to keep us all informed.

I recently graduated from cedar grove high school. The teachers are fine with the exception of a few. One British literature teach whose name I won't mention is mediocre. I will admit she knows her stuff and is very knowledgeable there is a huge BUT in this.... She is nothing but a BULLY she will publicly embarrass students. I've witnessed her punish one of my classmates by writing mean things about her on the Promethean board. As well as giving "random A's" for students who would chant " you've got to know when to hold them" to embarrass one of my fellow classmates. She would also tell us " your parents don't care about you if they did you wouldn't go here, that's why my "ladybug" is in private school. There's many things to mention but not enough characters left in my review. I can't forget to mention the principal , she only makes an effort to get to know the athletes and will offer special treatment.

My family and I moved to Dekalb County last summer. One of the first comments we heard was Don't enroll your children in any school starting with Cedar Grove. Because of our location and the timing, our children attended Cedar Grove middle and high schools. BIG MISTAKE on both accounts! Administration is a jokh and parent-teacher communication at both is non-existent. They had a few real teachers but the majority were only information exchangers. Emphasis is placed on everything but actual learning, especially at the high school. They are attending schools in Stone Mountain next term. Hoping and praying the next school year offers opportunities to learn, grow and thrive.

I am a frustrated involved parent of children that attend Cedar Grove High, while I know that there are some great teachers there I have experienced some horrible ones. (What a dis-advantage to our children!). The Mission Statement of this school speaks about turning out future leaders of tomorrow - I don't see this happening if Cedar Grove High leadreship continues to allow there teachers to operate below standards. - Parents if you are not concerned, and at worst scared for the future of your children - YOU have put to much trust in these teachers. I agree with the student - If you are in a situation where you have No choice, lets hope your child get a good one. Good Luck!

I currently am a sophomore here at this school. I agree with one of reviews saying that this school is mainly interested in sports. Here you have good teachers and you have bad teachers. You should hope your child doesn't get the bad teachers.

I have been an active PTSA member for the past year and have observed a tremendous increase in parent & teacher involvement in the PTSA. My daughter is thriving academically and socially and enjoys CGHS a great deal! I am looking forward to making a difference and being a part of the great things about to explode at CGHS.

This school is horrible! I moved into the Dekalb Co. district last year. I attended cedar grove middle(awful!) & this year I Attend Cedar Grove High. Im a freshman here. The only thing the school is interested in is sports. We dont get exposed to other after school activities. & the teachers are horrible and so is the classroom setting. My teachers never have enough time for me the student. Im a smart girl who usually loves school but this school makes me want to drop out!

I like the competent staff and teachers. My daughter also attends this school.

Last modified Cedar Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.