Cedar Grove Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2013
This school needs a lot of improvement. The staff are always sending letters home asking for money to be sent in but what is the money going towards? When do the students take field trips? Too many students are in a classroom for one teacher. When visiting the school all you hear is the teacher fussing at the students in the hall about getting on the wall to walk. I have saved a lot of box tops and turned thwm in to the principal office but when I go on the box top website I don't understand how the school balance would still be a low balance or remain the same as it was before. The teachers seem very unprofessional and ghetto when speaking to them and don't even mention the staff wardrobe worn to work...a hot mess. Please do better for the students and the community.

Cedar Grove Elementary School 2

Posted January 26, 2013
The teachers need to be more involved with helping the children be at their best and staying in touch with parents. I think this school could be much better they need a full re do.

Cedar Grove Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
This is a great neighborhood school with highly qualified and tenure service in the Educational System. It says something for an Educator to willingly stay at the same school for over 10 years and that is the majority at Cedar Grove Elementary!

Posted December 17, 2008
I have two boys that currently attend Cedar Grove Elementary School. I feel the school would benefit if parents were to become more involved in the education of their children. I often attend the activities the staff at Cedar Grove promotes such as PTA meetings, parental involvement meeting, parent/teacher conferences, CRCT preparation, etc. The student population exceeds 700 and there are only a handful of parents that attend. If I cannot attend, I ask that my parents attend to help keep me informed. The teachers cannot do it alone. Parents must take the lead when it comes to educating our children!

Posted June 13, 2007
My son attended this school from 2nd grade to the 5th grade. I was very pleased at first but as he matured and entered each grade, my joy disapated. The teachers became less involved and more like behavior therapists. There will be a new principal for 2007-2008. The school is okay. We did not meet AYP last year. Not sure if they will make it this year. But, I do know one thing, I am glad my son is out of there.

Posted June 06, 2005
Cedar Grove is a good school. My son have done very well at this school. The teachers seem to really care about the studert. It take all of us to made this school much better.

Cedar Grove Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2005
I was shocked to learn that the shcool does not have simple necessities like soap for the children to wash their hands with. With the rate that germs spread, I cannot believe that the county has not stepped in to ensure soap, paper towels and tissue for the shcool.

Cedar Grove Elementary School 5

Posted September 23, 2004
I love Cedar Grove school. My son went there from k to the 5th. My daughter is still there. The teachers are very into their students. The principal,I always see her walking around and everybody always say hi. I love Cedar Grove.

Cedar Grove Elementary School 5

Posted March 12, 2004
I love this school because it has a great education for the kids and the teachers are just beautiful.

Cedar Grove Elementary School
2330 River Rd, Ellenwood, GA  30294
Last modified Cedar Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Grove Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top