Bad
Good

Absolutely wonderful! We were regretting our PCS because the staff worked so closely with our children. The Teachers we had during our time here were very involved and gave us such great feedback! Our girls are now further along at our new duty station than theirs peers because of Pine Ridge.

my child loves his teacher. i love how she is firm but fun with them. we will miss this school when he moves on

This school is very orderly and has a good staff. However, my daughter transfered to another school in Muscogee Country and found that she was not at the same level even though she made straights As at Pine Ridge. So, either the academics are not as tough or the circumlum is not standardized. Regardless, the school offers a very personal touch and takes a caring attitude.

The teachers are wonderful! You can tell when you drop your children off in the morning that the teachers love what they do. Each child and parent are greeted with a big smile and warmly welcomed. So different from other local schools where my children attended: I got nothing but bad attitute from the staff. Pine Ridge provides an excellent education and is a breath of fresh air.

My oldest two are in private schools and my 2nd grader is enrolled at Pine Ridge. The attention and quality education is better than what my older two are receiving in a local private school. Excellent school.

K and 1st grade teachers are fabulous! We had very good experiences with two wonderful teachers thus far! Mrs Johnson and Mrs Crute were very strict, but fair and kind. They did not yell at at t he children and the children thrive in an environment where they know clearly what is expected. They loved these women and so did the parents@!

I love Pine Ridge. I was going to send my daughter to a private/christian school until I heard how great Pine Ridge was. This is our4th year at Pine Ridge I we still love it. All of the staff seems to ready care about all of the children. Our test scores are very high for a lower income school district. We usually score almost as high as Mulberry Creek. The children seem to get what they need no matter there level of learning. I have been to all of the schools in Harris County and Pine Ridge and Mulberry Creek are the best.

We moved here several years ago, because we were told this was the best school district in the area. We have been shocked at the poor quality in education that our children have received. We came from top school districts all over the US. Pine Ridge seems more interested in prepping the children for CRCT testing, and they have forgotten the importance of a well rounded education. We have encountered some very good teachers, as well as some who should pick another line of work. I feel recess/outdoor time is very important for our children, but at this school, my children sporatically receive it. The teachers are very militaristic, and mass punishment is frequently used. As far as the PTA, they are wonderful, very involved, and do a great job. I will be very happy when I can send my children to a new school.

I am very disappointed in the comment made by the parent who said the 'teachers are very military-like and strict with the children'. Both of my children ages 9 & 5 go to Pine Ridge and loves every teacher they have encountered. Mr. Trotter and his Staff are very professional and run a great school. As for ASEP, this is a good program at Pine Ridge. My oldest daughter has been in ASEP every year since going to Pine Ridge and she enjoys going every day. ASEP gives the children time to do their homework, have an afternoon snack and enjoy other classmates' company. Yes, the Pre-K children are in portable units; but my Pre-K child or myself do not mind. To her, it's a great place to go everyday.

Be aware that small children (Pre-K) are still in portable units (trailors). The county has the money to provide REAL classrooms. The teachers are very military-like and strict with the children. Thus, the good reviews on discipline! Very intimidating! After school program needs to totally be revised. Basic learning not a focus....it is almost entirely centered around the CRCT test and the entire school year is a huge prep for the test.

Last modified Pine Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.