Ellijay, GA
Students enrolled: 1,219

Gilmer High School 4

Posted September 15, 2014
I feel like GHS has really been headed in the right direction for the past two years. The teachers and students really seem to have a common goal and are working to be the best they can be. Classes are more structured and the student body really seems to understand what is expected of them.

Posted April 28, 2014
A real question we need to ask are we educating our children in order for THEM to do the best they can or is Common Core going to continue to "train monkeys"? look at our test score from 2009 to 2011 a drop of over 10%(-12%). Clearly admin needs to wake up and have the courage to lead in the teaching community. Instead we follow with our heads down and all afraid of job security.

Posted March 25, 2014
it appears to me that "respect" only goes one way. Teachers are a product of administration and there lies a problem. it has been our exp that the school is the bully. sad when we see so many good schools and I stuck my kids with this. respect is easy to spell but hard for "adults" to do. You get what you give. never to late to change unless you do not see the truth. truth is we can always get better if we are willing to pay the price. what I have seen is blinders on admin and why change when we are so good attitude. no accountability=who cares. policies need updated, teachers need evaluations, accountability is gone, teachers and "teens" ..

Gilmer High School 5

Posted February 09, 2014
Our granddaughter is in her second half of 9th grade at Gilmer high. We are very satisfied with the high Quality of education she is getting. Every teacher She experienced has been caring and knowlegable as well As an excellent teacher.

Gilmer High School 5

Posted November 03, 2013
I have 2 children that are in the Gilmer County School System. I am extremely pleased with the education that they have received. They are both in honors and AP honor classes, and are nationally recognized for their academic abilities. This is accredited to the great teaching staff and educational programs with have been made available to them throughout their schooling experience.

Gilmer High School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
I'm very worried,if I could afford priv.school my 2 kids were be gone.My 6th grader[who is honor roll] asked me what country Paris is in.[France] My 5th grader can't tell time.Thanks Gilmer school system. You are doing a great job with our kids futures

Posted March 18, 2013
Something is terribly wrong with the review of Gilmer County Schools. How can we be told our schools are great and our teachers are great when we only come up with a 4 out of 10, a 3 out of 10 in ratings. The Gilmer Middle School isn't listed in School Digger's rating lists. I don't feel as though our students are going to be prepared to go to the next level. I have 2 grandchildren in Gilmer Schools that hardly ever bring homework home. Night after night - no homework - English - Science - Math - Social Studies - why not - each teacher should have homework - not a happy grandparent.

Gilmer High School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
Gilmer High School is outstanding. Their staff are well qualified, attentive to our childrens needs and have been very helpful.

Gilmer High School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
Teachers and staff and top notch and truly care about their students.

Posted January 28, 2005
- a staff

Gilmer High School
408 Bobcat Trl, Ellijay, GA  30540
Last modified Gilmer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gilmer High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top