Posted September 19, 2014
After enduring three years at Riverside Elementary School, where the principal is useless and the teachers are not at all concerned with challenging the children and letting them get ahead in school, LES has proven to be a breath of fresh air. The teachers care about the children and provide them with many opportunities to excel. It is amazing that two schools in Columbia County can be so different!

Posted May 14, 2014
I can honestly say every time I take or pick my child up from school the car line is very organized and safe. I also had a bullying issue and Dr. Doolittle addressed the problem right away. I have 3 children that have attended Lewiston Elementary. In my opinion it is the best elementary school around! And now Ms. Allen is there as Assistant Principal and she is awesome as well!

Posted May 12, 2014
the car line is extremely dangerous they have no organizational skills at all. They do not look out for the kids safety at all very disappointing. My daughter is constantly bullied and the teachers do nothing about it . My daughter can raise her hand for 15 minutes before she's called on to go pee if a child needs to go the bathroom they tell him to wait. The PE Is ran like drill sergeants they don't care about the children or about encouraging them they just want their testing scores so they can get money money money that's all the schools about is money. I will take her out this year and I will never seen her back beware beware

Posted January 15, 2014
My son is in first grade and has Mrs. Alexander and I could not be any more thrilled for such an excellent teacher for my son. Her teaching styles are wonderful and she always communicates and keeps in contact with me if I ever have any questions or concerns. You can tell she genuinely cares for her students! The faculty are great and Lewiston is just an overall wonderful educational experience for my boy!

Posted November 10, 2013
I give this school 1 star only because it does not allow 0 stars. Most horrible school for military families as the entire staff turns their nose up at military children. It's not the students you have to worry about bullying your kids it's the Principal. If you are not a stay at home parent who constantly participates at the school they treat your children horrible. Dr. Doolittle will tell you one thing to your face then immediately talk about you behind your back. Report Bullying and the school turns it around to make it seem as if it were your child. I do not recommend this school to anyone!

Posted October 24, 2013
I absolutely love LES. The new assistant principal is awesome. She is very concerned about our children and their education. Dr. Doolittle is always available when I need him. I have a boy and girl that both go to LES. We have never had a problem!

Posted September 12, 2013
Lewiston Elementary in Evans, GA is a wonderful school! This is the only Elementary school my grandsons have attended and the entire family loves it and the teachers. All the staff are so friendly, so are the lunchroom workers and they make some fantastic lunches! As a grandparent, I love to eat there with my grandson, one is attending Evans, now. I just had pizza with my youngest grandson Monday and enjoyed it so much. The salad was great! Oh, and let me comment on the cleanliness of the school, especially, the lunchroom! Thanks for everything! And I love Mrs. Huff and so does Wesley!!!! Wesley Eubanks, grandmother...Barbara Herrin

Posted April 27, 2013
This school plays strict with parents for anything small, like paying befor/afters-school before friday every week, if not you get hit with a $10penalty, or if you lose the envelope, you need to pay $1 to get another, but yet when parents want to request certain interest such as reporting bullying, they do not obey by their own policies. There is a three strike you're out rule, where if a child is caught bullying another child three times they will make child leave the school. My daughter has been bullied several times, where the teacher was aware and never reported it to me nor the principle. I came to find out through my daughter and witnessing the same child bullying my daughter in a school event. luckily, the other child's parents where there and I was able to express my concerns, they were never notified about the incident either. Parents be very careful! They do not encourage parents to get involved in anything unless is volunteering or raising money for the school.

Posted October 12, 2012
We just moved here and I love this school and my children love this school. The car rider pick up line is very well maintained and safe. They teachers do a great job taking care of 100 kids waiting to be picked up by car, plus they keep the bus and car riders on opposite sides of the building. Children this age are old enough to know who should be picking them up and they wouldn't even be outside waiting to be picked up unless they are a car rider. We have had excellent communication with the teachers who also informed us that our children are a little bit behind, but we are working on getting them caught up and the teachers have gone out of their way to be helpful with the process. Everyone in the office is very friendly and courteous. I can't believe anyone would rate this school lower than 4 stars, this is a wonderful school!!

Posted August 31, 2012
I have 3 kids at Lewiston and this is our 3rd year there. Every teacher we've had has been very caring and attentive to our children. I find that the teachers are perfectly willing to let me come into the class to visit or volunteer at anytime.

Lewiston Elementary School
5426 Hereford Farm Rd, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Lewiston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewiston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top