Evans, GA

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 27, 2015
Personally, I believe they are very effective on every thing they do at Lewiston. Effective actions are always great thing to have.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 27, 2015
Schooling starts at home first and for most!! If you don't think they give enough I'm sure the teacher would get up some extra for them. Just go to the public library and use computers print off pages. They are penty of FREE WORK ON THE INTERNET!!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 27, 2015
The teachers expect it from the kids. The students know that they won't except anything less. The students develop high standards for themselves!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 27, 2015
Yes. I believe that the teachers their show how much they care for them, and in return respect them hole hearedly!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 27, 2015
I think they way beyond what is expected of them as teachers. I have never seen anything but compassion to the students at Lewiston. Even for the students that don't know how to follow directions.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 27, 2015
They want every student at Lewiston to achieve excellence. Why would they not? Doesn't make since.

Posted August 27, 2015
My child has attended Lewiston since kindergarten and she is in 2nd grade now. It has been absolutely wonderful. The population has skyrocketed since we've been there but the quality of the education has not suffered. My children have been blessed with wonderful and caring teachers who have prepared them way about standard. The administration is very approachable and hands on. We love Dr. Doolittle and Mrs. Allen! The PTO has helped to purchase a lot of technology for the classrooms and I know my kid has loved using it. There are plenty of volunteer oportunities to be involved in, which I enjoy..They in courage Moms, and Dads to be very involved in the school. Watch Dogs "Dads of Great Students" is awesome to try to encourage more male role volunteer with in the school. The teachers that do the car rider line they are AWESOME! It is the safest I have seen! These teachers memorize faces, and cars for each child. We also have a car tag that hangs on the mirror with your child's name and grade. I can say whole heartedly that EVERY TEACHER we have come in contact with loves and cares for all the students education and wellness at Lewiston. We moved to this county for the school system and hand picked Lewiston. We are very confident that it was the best decision for our children and our family.

Posted January 22, 2015
Clearly above the rest! From the academics to the extra curricular activities, including advanced art and chorus, this program is top-notch. We have two children who've been enrolled over the last three school years, covering 1st through 5th and each grade has challenged our kids while delivering exemplary education. My daughter is in their advanced 'horizons' program and my son tests in 98% nationally in math. Couldn't be happier with correspondence from teachers and with my wife and I both being military, I always get reminded that they support the troops. My wife was even asked to become a boardmember at the school and her time serving on that board has been productive and informative. Knowing parent in the county with children enrolled at other schools - I can attest that the learning at Lewiston is at a superior level.

Posted September 19, 2014
After enduring three years at Riverside Elementary School, where the principal is useless and the teachers are not at all concerned with challenging the children and letting them get ahead in school, LES has proven to be a breath of fresh air. The teachers care about the children and provide them with many opportunities to excel. It is amazing that two schools in Columbia County can be so different!

Posted May 14, 2014
I can honestly say every time I take or pick my child up from school the car line is very organized and safe. I also had a bullying issue and Dr. Doolittle addressed the problem right away. I have 3 children that have attended Lewiston Elementary. In my opinion it is the best elementary school around! And now Ms. Allen is there as Assistant Principal and she is awesome as well!

5426 Hereford Farm Rd, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Lewiston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewiston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top