Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Personally, I believe they are very effective on every thing they do at Lewiston. Effective actions are always great thing to have.

Amount of homework: Agree

Schooling starts at home first and for most!! If you don't think they give enough I'm sure the teacher would get up some extra for them. Just go to the public library and use computers print off pages. They are penty of FREE WORK ON THE INTERNET!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They want every student at Lewiston to achieve excellence. Why would they not? Doesn't make since.

My child has attended Lewiston since kindergarten and she is in 2nd grade now. It has been absolutely wonderful. The population has skyrocketed since we've been there but the quality of the education has not suffered. My children have been blessed with wonderful and caring teachers who have prepared them way about standard. The administration is very approachable and hands on. We love Dr. Doolittle and Mrs. Allen! The PTO has helped to purchase a lot of technology for the classrooms and I know my kid has loved using it. There are plenty of volunteer oportunities to be involved in, which I enjoy..They in courage Moms, and Dads to be very involved in the school. Watch Dogs "Dads of Great Students" is awesome to try to encourage more male role volunteer with in the school. The teachers that do the car rider line they are AWESOME! It is the safest I have seen! These teachers memorize faces, and cars for each child. We also have a car tag that hangs on the mirror with your child's name and grade. I can say whole heartedly that EVERY TEACHER we have come in contact with loves and cares for all the students education and wellness at Lewiston. We moved to this county for the school system and hand picked Lewiston. We are very confident that it was the best decision for our children and our family.

Clearly above the rest! From the academics to the extra curricular activities, including advanced art and chorus, this program is top-notch. We have two children who've been enrolled over the last three school years, covering 1st through 5th and each grade has challenged our kids while delivering exemplary education. My daughter is in their advanced 'horizons' program and my son tests in 98% nationally in math. Couldn't be happier with correspondence from teachers and with my wife and I both being military, I always get reminded that they support the troops. My wife was even asked to become a boardmember at the school and her time serving on that board has been productive and informative. Knowing parent in the county with children enrolled at other schools - I can attest that the learning at Lewiston is at a superior level.

After enduring three years at Riverside Elementary School, where the principal is useless and the teachers are not at all concerned with challenging the children and letting them get ahead in school, LES has proven to be a breath of fresh air. The teachers care about the children and provide them with many opportunities to excel. It is amazing that two schools in Columbia County can be so different!

I can honestly say every time I take or pick my child up from school the car line is very organized and safe. I also had a bullying issue and Dr. Doolittle addressed the problem right away. I have 3 children that have attended Lewiston Elementary. In my opinion it is the best elementary school around! And now Ms. Allen is there as Assistant Principal and she is awesome as well!

the car line is extremely dangerous they have no organizational skills at all. They do not look out for the kids safety at all very disappointing. My daughter is constantly bullied and the teachers do nothing about it . My daughter can raise her hand for 15 minutes before she's called on to go pee if a child needs to go the bathroom they tell him to wait. The PE Is ran like drill sergeants they don't care about the children or about encouraging them they just want their testing scores so they can get money money money that's all the schools about is money. I will take her out this year and I will never seen her back beware beware

My son is in first grade and has Mrs. Alexander and I could not be any more thrilled for such an excellent teacher for my son. Her teaching styles are wonderful and she always communicates and keeps in contact with me if I ever have any questions or concerns. You can tell she genuinely cares for her students! The faculty are great and Lewiston is just an overall wonderful educational experience for my boy!

I love Lewiston Elementary School. While I was in the military, I have never had any trouble communication with Teachers, issues. Parents who complain perhaps need to make more of an effort to communicate, for example scheduling an appointment with the teacher; after all you are the parent. You can call, email for attend student/teacher conferences. You have every right to go down there see what is going on. This is at any school your child attends. The curriculum seems to be challenging for my children and they work with children who are both gifted and who need extra help. I would recommend this school.

Last modified Lewiston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.