Evans, GA

Posted May 10, 2014
I was not impressed with the 6th grade honors program on May 9,2014. It did not contain and thought nor pride. I expected more from a school rated 4 stars.

Riverside Middle School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My son is the Sixth grader there in RMS. It it truly a blessing to be there. Great teachers and very good disciplined school. They really follow the zero tolerance.

Posted June 11, 2013
Truly a great school! After private school where good teachers were shunned so everyone has a good marks, this was a real learning experience. Front desk: the unseen heroes always professional and with a smile. Administration: efficient and friendly, Principal is easy to reach and talk to. Teachers: fantastic and dedicated, with interesting and innovative teachings. Great opportunities for those who wants to learn, Math club (RMS was a regional winner in the Math Olympiad), interesting field trips. Quality of education is high: Duke University test on the level of college acceptance showed a multitude of 7th-graders who passed it! As parents we are very satisfied with solid knowledge our son received and often demonstrates in topics of history, Earth science, anthropology, or just good speech and writing skills. Great athletics programs: wonderful teachers are equally good coaches. During a meet at GHS one can see HS students running across the field to give a hug to their former RMS coach Mrs.Petty! They remember now she gave everyone chance to shine! Lastly, secure feeling of safe school atmosphere. My son says: "3 years in Riverside Middle were the happiest in my life!

Posted January 22, 2010
My children attended a Private School and I paid high tuition fees and had to do a lot of fundraising. The level of education they're getting is just as good in this school and it's not costing me $20,000 a year. Parents need to appreciate this Public School. The education and scores my children are getting in this school are just as good as the education thye were getting at the Private School. Parents need to be involved and take responsibilty for their child's edcuation and be cooperative with School officials and you'll have great results. Both are Honor Students. It takes work and dedication from both the child,parent and teachers to do well. I do wish they had more challenges and projects, creativity is essential for a childs growth.

Posted April 29, 2009
My child is in 6th grade at RMS this year. I t has been a great experience for her and myself.

Posted March 05, 2009
I have one son who is there right now and one who went there for all 3 years. It is continues to have involved faculty and parents.

Posted May 23, 2008
My children have spent a total of three years at the school, all years covered. We transferred from another middle school in another state and this one is average to above average in comparison. When my oldest got here, the rest of her 8th grade was a waste of her time and she was barely challenged. The school has a pleasant atmosphere but does not prepare the kids for the high schools they go on to, making freshman year a shock for many. I do not support the in- school suspension policy of the whole district and find it very anti educational to punish kids by making them miss class time. It is a regimented school with very little freedom for the kids. Maybe they have a student body that cannot handle it but it seems to be a big deal to go to the library.

Riverside Middle School 4

Posted September 05, 2007
I have two children who are attending RMS for the first time this year and I would just like to say that we are very happy here!

Posted February 08, 2007
RMS is as good a middle school as you can hope to find. The principal is top notch and our experience there has been nothing but positive. If your child loves music, then this is the place to be. Mrs. Easler is the best of the best! They don't make teachers like her anymore. She has a love and enthusiasm for teaching that is contagious to all. We are sorry to have to move at the end of the year and not have my son go to 8th grade there.

Posted December 03, 2006
Aside from a handful of teachers who I hold dear to my heart, I generally consider my three years at RMS, three years of waste.

Riverside Middle School
1095 Furys Ferry Rd, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Riverside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top