Posted March 20, 2014
A lot of families have pulled their kids out of Riverside and have moved them to a new public school (because they were so unhappy they were allowed to move three families to another school that's better but close by) and they've also put them in private school. But like myself, they are now homeschooling their kids. Words getting out all the way over to Augusta schools that you do not want your child at Riverside. It's sad, bc it didn't use to be this way. I can think of 6 families who have pulled their kids out just this year alone. And those are just the ones I know of. It woul be interesting to find out from the Columbia County Board of Education, if you can find out how many kids were pulled out of RES in the last 5 years for reasons other than moving.

Posted July 09, 2012
My oldest attended Kindergarten and 1st Grade at RES and I was not impressed. Columbia County BOE has the money and resources but the teachers make the classroom and teaches the students. The two teachers we experienced were: new to kindergarten and our first grade teacher was more focused on upcoming retirement since it was her last year. My daughter had her moments but as a hands on parent I was there, I was very involved but had to literally pull teeth to get assistance. Why would any child know what reading level they are on compare to another student unless they were told. Do you know how that makes a 5 year old feel? To see my daughter work so hard not for the enjoyment of reading but for competition sadden me. She is on grade level so why push her, so what u have others on 4th and 5th grade reading levels in 1st grade, good for them. Why does my daughter come home know she made the lowest grade on a money test? Really!! . As a parent I shouldnt have to tell you how to teach. Send home a note, email me, call me, request a conference. Don't discourage my child. Just little things I didn't like. Very snobbish school and teachers that want robotic students. Moved to FL now...

Posted June 23, 2012
We loved RES! Our daughter attended this school during her Kindergarten and 1st grade years. Her teachers were very caring and communicated well with parents. We were very involved with her teachers and with the PTA. As the military goes, we have relocated, but I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving into the area. Our daughter thrived at RES and we chalk it up to great teachers, great staff and parent involvement.

Posted May 06, 2010
My children attended this school when we moved to Evans. At first they weren't doing well and I was very concerned. I spoke to the principal and teachers and expressed my concern and the fact that their dad was away for work may have been impacting their grades. The teachers helped them and paid special attention to them and their grades improved dramatically. If you go in there and speak to them respectfully as a concerned parent and you do your part with studying, homework and making sure your children behave, these teachers are willing to go the extra mile.

Posted March 05, 2010
My children hs been attending this school since 1st grade. Year by year we hope for the best teachers and count the remaining days we have with the worst teachers. It never cease to amaze me the things these teachers say to the class. My child comes home and tells me her teacher said 'their class is the worst class she'd taught in 15 years!!!' What a moral boost she gives the students. The principal herself is lacking in manners. Just because you are dealling with children doesn't mean your tone of voice can be rude and condescending. Watch what you say to the children. They listen and repeat what you do.

Posted September 24, 2009
I have found that parents who are disappointed with teachers are often the same parents who think their children do no wrong -- often raising bullies. When a child has problems with every teacher s/he ever has - perhaps the problem is not with the teachers, but the child and his/her parents. Most teachers give their best - they don't lay in bed at night and think...'Who can I single out or pick on today?' Overall, I'm very pleased with the education my three children have received over the years at RES. I feel good about sending my children to school at RES. I applaud the effort that teachers put into their very demanding jobs.

Posted April 18, 2009
We have been at RES for a total of 11 years now with our first child now in highschool and our last child finishing the 5th grade. We have been very disappointed with leadership, and most of the teachers our second child has been asssociated with. We are so looking forward to middle school and hopefully we will never have to be involved with RES ever again.

Posted April 12, 2009

Posted September 19, 2007
We moved from Richmond to Columbia county so my 5 yr old could start school at riverside. So far the school itself seems wonderful. though his class is crowded. the teacher is good at teaching the children but as far as supervision and behavioral skills of the teacher and para pro i am very disappointed! In my opinion being a teacher does not only consist of lessons then turning a blind eye but many many areas. They have our children 7 hours a day !!

Posted April 27, 2007
I know that RES IS the best school in Augusta, Ga. We moved here almost two years ago from a near-by county that facilitates military families and there is a big difference. Not only have my children excelerated in all their subjects, their self confidence and esteem has changed tremendously. I encourage anyone to trust Columbia County Schools to educate their children

Riverside Elementary School
4431 Hardy McManus Rd, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top