Posted December 17, 2013
GHS is decent. Im a 10th grade student currently at Greenbrier and all I can complain about is how them admin sweet people care so much about yoga pants on these fine lookin chicas. Its a shame putting restrictions on these Georgia peaches. I love how on the daily you see chewing tobacco in the bathrooms and ecigs being brought out in class. My freshman year was quiet the experience, im tellin ya! haha love this school. recommend it to student that just wants to "Turn Up"

Posted April 03, 2013
I have 4 kids and have experienced public schools and private schools in Augusta. I believe the negative reviews of this school are from those who have relocated here and have not experienced other local schools. Greenbrier does an exceptional job considering the school is soooo over crowded BECAUSE so many people like the area and the schools. Our schools and curriculum are governed by the STATE requirements and our teachers do a phenomenal job of trying to do their jobs, encourage our kids and keep the schools high ranking standards and marks!! If you are relocating to here from a state with better education funding and support, you will not be satisfied with ANY public school in this area. I however LOVE our high school and moved here because of the reputation and have NOT been disappointed! We left Richmond County and Augusta Christian Schools for this community of schools and I have and still have students in the Elementary, Middle and High School!

Posted September 02, 2012
Having served in the military for almost 3 decades, my husband and I were thrilled to get back home and get our children back into the Greenbrier School system. We have seen many schools nationwide, and Greenbrier ranks among the top 2 of over 10 schools which they have attended. Many schools are not perfect as some would hope for, but Greenbrier teachers and staff do a great job at striving to be the best everyday. In my opinion, the sports program, AP offerings, and the wide range of electives are balanced equally with the focus on academics. My only wish is that orchestra was offered in the high school. My daughter loves playing the violin and we must go with a private tutor. Other than that, we love Greenbrier and our teenagers (16 & 15) love Greenbrier!! Keep it up Wolfpack! :)

Greenbrier High School 2

Posted January 21, 2010
My family moved here from Florida (not for the military) midway through the 08-09 school year. Greenbrier was highly recommended by everyone so we chose their school zone for our two high school aged daughters. WOW-what a disappointment!! My daughters remain unchallenged & bored at school everyday even though they both take many AP classes & are in Honors classes otherwise. Added to that, the high school they were enrolled in FL was a 'ghetto' school (as the kids called it) but never before had they heard so much talk of sex & drugs as they have here. These things are discussed daily in their classes among the students! Anyway, we are truly disappointed in this school & sorry every day that we chose this school zone. If you have a choice & care about your kids education, DON'T go to Greenbrier!

Posted July 21, 2007
- a former student
This has been an overall good school, mostly since I was in the honors program and separated from those who don't care to work or study. The principal and administrators don't seem to do anything but walk around the hallways and whine about dress code, but most of the teachers I had really did care about my education: not just academics, but also general aspects of life. It is a very crowded school (designed for something like 1200-1400 students, but as of last year it enrolled over 2000), and the traffic in the morning is terrible unless an effort is made to get in before the rush. The same applies to the afternoons when everyone is trying to leave. Even with its shortcomings, GHS is a better school than most in Georgia and even across the nation. For the best experience, take the hardest classes. Those are the ones with teachers who care.

Posted May 31, 2007

Greenbrier High School 2

Posted January 26, 2007
Greenbrier High has been a great disappointment for our family. Sports is the only focus not academics. It is way overcrowded. Think twice before choosing this high school for the last four years of your child's education.

Greenbrier High School 3

Posted June 09, 2006
Greenbrier is an OKAY school. My daughter has had a few desatisfactory teachers. Because the school is located in such a densly populated area, traffic is horrible. It takes about 40 minutes to get to Greenbrier from North Belair Road. It's rediculous.

Posted May 27, 2006
Greenbrier is overall a very good school. Most of the faculty will help your child succeed. Some departments like English and fine arts are better than others. Kids are pretty conservative compared to schools in the north. Sports are really big. It is a ten year old school in high growth area - traffic is miserable. Test scores are fairly high but competitive edge a little lacking. This county doesn't offer as many AP classes as some upscale districts around Atlanta. My daughter took several AP courses and was well prepared for college. FYI - squeaky wheels get oiled - school listens to reasonable parents.

Greenbrier High School 0

Posted May 21, 2006
I think Greenbrier High School is a very diverse school and a great surrounding for any child. The academic programs are excellent, but some teachers are...exceptional. The art and music department is avaiable to everyone which is also a very good quality. The attendance of sports are incredible. School spirit lights up the stadiums at basketball games and football games. Sometimes parents get too involved...with cheerleading anyway. Overall Greenbrier is an awesome place to go! -Former Student 05-06

Greenbrier High School
5114 Riverwood Pkwy, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Greenbrier High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrier High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top