Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 08, 2016
There are a select few people at this school I'd like to say thanks to. My guidance counselor is definitely a very helpful person to talk to. He truly cares about the students and sees them as MUCH more than a pay check.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 08, 2016
The amount of homework is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to juggle homework clubs and for some students work. Some teachers use homework as place fillers so they don't have to teach because all we are to them are pay checks and it's not right

Greenbrier High School 1

Posted March 08, 2016
Preppy girls and private school atmosphere and teachers that see students as only pay checks equals the worst school in history

Posted March 19, 2015
Our family has been very frustrated and, quite frankly disappointed, by our experience with GHS. We would be more impressed if the actions of the staff lined up with the assurances coming from their mouths. Unfortunately, that has not been our experience. While several reviews said that the focus is on athletics rather than academics, our feeling is that the athletic department is the only saving grace. As a newcomer, GHS has a very difficult environment to integrate into. Our hope at this point is that our child will use this negative experience to learn and grow.

Greenbrier High School 5

Posted April 03, 2013
I have 4 kids and have experienced public schools and private schools in Augusta. I believe the negative reviews of this school are from those who have relocated here and have not experienced other local schools. Greenbrier does an exceptional job considering the school is soooo over crowded BECAUSE so many people like the area and the schools. Our schools and curriculum are governed by the STATE requirements and our teachers do a phenomenal job of trying to do their jobs, encourage our kids and keep the schools high ranking standards and marks!! If you are relocating to here from a state with better education funding and support, you will not be satisfied with ANY public school in this area. I however LOVE our high school and moved here because of the reputation and have NOT been disappointed! We left Richmond County and Augusta Christian Schools for this community of schools and I have and still have students in the Elementary, Middle and High School!

Greenbrier High School 5

Posted October 16, 2012
As a graduate student and a life time learner, Greenbrier HS has shown me that they dedicated to educating my daughter. She has tons of homework and I can tell from the material she studies every night that this school is serious. Sure there are normal teens at the school and not everyone is there to learn but the educators there are friendly and willing to support parents and students.

Greenbrier High School 4

Posted September 02, 2012
Having served in the military for almost 3 decades, my husband and I were thrilled to get back home and get our children back into the Greenbrier School system. We have seen many schools nationwide, and Greenbrier ranks among the top 2 of over 10 schools which they have attended. Many schools are not perfect as some would hope for, but Greenbrier teachers and staff do a great job at striving to be the best everyday. In my opinion, the sports program, AP offerings, and the wide range of electives are balanced equally with the focus on academics. My only wish is that orchestra was offered in the high school. My daughter loves playing the violin and we must go with a private tutor. Other than that, we love Greenbrier and our teenagers (16 & 15) love Greenbrier!! Keep it up Wolfpack! :)

Posted January 21, 2010
My family moved here from Florida (not for the military) midway through the 08-09 school year. Greenbrier was highly recommended by everyone so we chose their school zone for our two high school aged daughters. WOW-what a disappointment!! My daughters remain unchallenged & bored at school everyday even though they both take many AP classes & are in Honors classes otherwise. Added to that, the high school they were enrolled in FL was a 'ghetto' school (as the kids called it) but never before had they heard so much talk of sex & drugs as they have here. These things are discussed daily in their classes among the students! Anyway, we are truly disappointed in this school & sorry every day that we chose this school zone. If you have a choice & care about your kids education, DON'T go to Greenbrier!

Greenbrier High School 4

Posted July 21, 2007
This has been an overall good school, mostly since I was in the honors program and separated from those who don't care to work or study. The principal and administrators don't seem to do anything but walk around the hallways and whine about dress code, but most of the teachers I had really did care about my education: not just academics, but also general aspects of life. It is a very crowded school (designed for something like 1200-1400 students, but as of last year it enrolled over 2000), and the traffic in the morning is terrible unless an effort is made to get in before the rush. The same applies to the afternoons when everyone is trying to leave. Even with its shortcomings, GHS is a better school than most in Georgia and even across the nation. For the best experience, take the hardest classes. Those are the ones with teachers who care.

Posted January 26, 2007
Greenbrier High has been a great disappointment for our family. Sports is the only focus not academics. It is way overcrowded. Think twice before choosing this high school for the last four years of your child's education.

5114 Riverwood Parkway, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Greenbrier High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.