Greenbrier Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2014
Horrible, uncaring teachers who should retire or refocus on the reasons they even became teachers. They tout a "no bully zone" and are themselves the WORST offenders. If your child doesn't learn via traditional methods and has a hard time focusing, beware. This is NOT the school for you! If your child is a robot and can regurgitate information for the almighty CRCT, they will be rewarded with candy and praise. GBE teachers offer feedback in the form of belittling, demeaning comments in front of the entire class (aka: bullying), notes home in the same negative tone and LOOK OUT if you choose not to participate in the fundraisers. Seriously, if you're military just be glad you won't be stuck in this abysmal school system forever. If you're not military- buy your house over in North Augusta and save yourself the heartache of finding out the hard/ expensive way that Columbia County schools are NOT all they're cracked up to be...especially THIS one!

Posted April 17, 2014
excellent teachers that really care. Students really learn from the teachers going the extra mile. couldn't be happier.

Posted January 27, 2014
Love Greenbrier!! My son loves school and I have been impressed, since day one!! Dr. Holton is outstanding and so are all of the teachers my son has!! I had always heard about the excellence of Greenbrier and moved into the district, so my son could attend. Best decision made!!:)

Posted January 19, 2014
love this school my g-son is in 1st grade n when i come down to visit him, i love having lunch w/him..the teachers and staff are first rate, remembers me when i visit, i feel very welcomed when i visit jd, and the kids come up to me to say hi..Great Job Greenbrier, keep up the great jod that you do....

Posted September 11, 2013
It is the best school and best communication. My son is enjoing every moment of his school days.

Posted August 23, 2013
I work with many families that have moved to the district and have always had favorable responses, when asking how this school compares to the expectations of the parents and children. The school staff has always been very willing to share school information and policies with parents. I have noticed there is lots of parental volunteers in the school.

Greenbrier Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
My second grandson is at this school and we were pleased with the school when the older one attended.

Greenbrier Elementary School 4

Posted July 03, 2013
We moved here from another state and chose the area because of the Greenbrier Schools. My son had a WONDERFUL year at Greenbrier elementary. He previously attended a small private school and we were concerned that being in a large public school would be a tough transition for him. He ended up having a great year. Any issues are handled immediately and all the teachers make themselves available for you.The Principal is just wonderful and the office staff are always full of smiles and eager to assist. The school is large, so you have to schedule time with teachers. Once you do, they are more than helpful. I had the opposite experience regarding communication issues as some of the past reviewers had. the teachers give you their email addresses to communicate with them. You can contact them as little or as much as YOU find helpful. they ALWAYS respond. My son graduated with honors and we are looking forward to our twins starting a great year in Kindergarten this coming fall.

Greenbrier Elementary School 2

Posted September 26, 2012
When we moved to the area all we heard about was how great this school is. I haven't been impressed. My son was made to feel like he was stupid because he could not keep up with the other kids when it came to the monotonous way they teach math. They time the kids EVERY day for a minute in addition and subtraction and if they don't get the appropriate number they are labelled the stupid kid. I would not want to learn this way and I can't believe so many parents applaud this kind of teaching. This is a very affluent area and many mothers do not work and have time to volunteer a lot. I respect that but I heard teachers mention to those moms that they are raising the kids for those of us that work. I was appalled by that statement. Many of the school activities, PTO, volunteer opportunities are only during the day or immediately after school. It doesn't allow for the working parents to be involved. Much of the information that is given out is only given to the parents that volunteer. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a black hole when receiving information.

Greenbrier Elementary School 2

Posted September 07, 2012
BOOOOOO! We received zero communication from this school despite trying to be involved and volunteering! It seemed as though everything was last minute! The curriculum is focused solely on testing and not learning in my opinion! Our class had a few behavior challenged children who disrupted their classes daily... nothing was done with them. My child was sick everyday from NOT wanting to go to school! The parents and teachers do not speak in the hallways or carpool and it is as if they have smelled something foul or just plain hate life. VERY SAD. We have since moved to a private school and I now have a child who is challenged and loves going to school every single day!

Greenbrier Elementary School
5116 Riverwood Pkwy, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Greenbrier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top