Posted October 03, 2013
I absolutley love this school. We moved to the area about 6 months ago and my child has done great. They are very accepting and work great with my child. My child at times can be a handful but I have had NOOO problems with them treating him unfairly...the post below mine was shocking b/c I have never had problems with Blue Ridge. My child has had some setbacks and the teachers and admin have been very encouraging and accepting. I would recommend this school to ANYONE! If you want a place your child can go and learn and grow in confidence with out you having to worry THIS IS THE PLACE!!! and believe me I am not a very trusting mother but never would second guess Blue Ridge at all.

Blue Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2013
if your child is the least bit distracted, talkative, or active they literally do not want to deal with the child. They would rather they be on medication for ADD/ADHD so as not to deal with it. Also not alot of respect for parents who work full time - seems like alot of moms in this area don't have to work so they are more free to be at the school all the time so if you cannot, that is not understood or accepted here.

Posted May 09, 2013
BRE is an excellent school! When we decided to purchase a house in the area while my husband was stationed at Fort Gordon, I did extensive research into elementary schools because my daughter was entering Kindergarten. She has a speech delay, so I made sure to investigate the IEPs and speech language pathologist as well. When I found Blue Ridge Elementary, I knew this was the school for us, so we had slim pickings with homes (due to so many people wanting to live in this area). All the staff and teachers are beyond caring and supportive of the students. They do lots of fun activities, take fun field trips, and are wonderful with the students. My daughter's speech has improved more over the past 10 months with Dr. Skenes (Speech Language Pathologist) then the past 3 years of private speech therapy. My daughter is writing, reading, doing addition, and many other things with ease. I cannot express how much we enjoy this school!

Posted September 07, 2012
We moved from Greenbrier Elementary to Blue Ridge...I could NOT be happier! Communication with parents is outstanding! The teachers are not only accomplished but friendly! My child went from hating school(Green brier) and being sick everyday to loving school at Blue Ridge and she was upset when we had a holiday! Can't say enough good things about this school...I am thrilled!

Posted February 10, 2012
i am very grateful to the staff especially ms. manning and ms. finleyand also the lady who works in the office.i am so lucky to have my son in this school.

Posted December 07, 2011
We are new to the school so my review is based on new experiences. I have two children in the school. The teachers and support staff could not be any better. One of the things that is note-worthy is that the teachers are seasoned teachers with some of them having 15 yrs+ experience in the same grade and it really is very beneficial to the students. Parents are very involved and my overall experience in this short time has been positive. My children are making wonderful progress and are happy learners. I give this school and its staff an excellent rating!

Posted September 25, 2011
Great school! Our youngest child is in first grade this year, our middle child in 4th and our oldest has moved on to LMS in 7th grade. I have been very happy with my children's teachers, paraprofessional staff, and support staff. I have not had the pleasure of meeting the new assistant principal, but I am happy with our new principal. I know my kids miss the old one, he was fabulous, but we have a few more years to hopefully get to love the new one as well. The front office staff is always friendly to me every time that I have to go up there. After 7 years, they all at least recognize my face and know who my childen are. I have been a stay at home mom and now work, so I give time when I can and I always feel appreciated. My concerns, when I have them are addressed quickly and with the utmost respect. The educational level is fantastic. They teach over and above the standards set by the county and state. My 7th grader is sitting for the ACT this December and I give a lot of credit to the teachers that he had at Blue Ridge for pushing him to meet and exceed his own goals!

Posted March 05, 2011
I cannot say enough good things about this school!! Every teacher is wonderful! My daughter is in 5th grade and we have NEVER had a teacher we do not like. My son is a child with learning issues and struggles. I have no idea why anyone reviewing this school would say that they do not offer help to those students. My son has gotten extensive help from them, he does not score low enough to be in EIP but every year I go to the school, meet with the teachers and make the plan from the beginning of the year on how to help him. He has gone from failing everything to all Bs. The staff has bent over backwards to do everything possible to help him. They are easy to talk to and very understanding. I would not have my child in any other school in the county!

Posted November 09, 2010
Excellent school with great teachers and staff. All are very thoughtful and caring. They put the children of BRE first. So happy we made the move to Columbia County on the advisement of friends for the schools.

Posted October 29, 2010
I have a child in Kindergarten one in 4th grade. The teachers have been excellent. The principal is terrific. Love the plays and chorus activities as well. Great school overall! We have been very pleased.

Blue Ridge Elementary School
550 Blue Ridge Dr, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Blue Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top