Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Hello to all. I am a rising senior at Lakeside High and for the most part I would say my experiences haven't been as horrendous as others. BUT that shouldn't suggest Lakeside is perfect because it is far from it. First, it is incredibly crowded. Often times I feel bull dozing through is the best way to get to class on time. I was thinking maybe expanding would lessen the traffic in between classes but my fellow students would probably still find a way to clog the hallways or any walkway. Second, the administration isn't quite there. The females in particular seem to be more concerned about the dress code than anything else. I guess even that isn't enough because I still see attire that is inappropriate for school. If it is that big of a deal just give us uniforms. Third, priorities are out of whack. I'm pretty sure I would get written up for wearing a dress that shows my back over talking back to a teacher. They're almost as linient as the Middle School when it comes to certain issues but not to the same ludicrous degree. The school isn't bad it just needs work. I know there are far worse schools out there. And honestly I really hate to be the one to tell them how to do their jobs BUT could you all, please, do a far better job. That would be very much appreciated. Sincerely, A rising senior

Lakeside HighSchool mhmm.... One of the smallest and overcrowded schools in Columbia county. I don't know why but students from Greenbrier (a bigger school) are being rezoned to lakeside where there is absolutely no space. I hardly get to class on time because of all the traffic. Academically, it's alright some teachers just don't care they just try to get through the week. Sports, the only cared about sport is football I feel that everyone's money goes to fundraising football. I am a basketball cheerleader here and we get nothing. All we do is pay a $250 booster fee which I'm sure they used on that new granite countertop in concession. Teachers who volunteer to be coaches don't care because they just want the extra cash. They had a snack shack last year it got tons of business...it had everything you needed (not only snacks) it was shut down because it wasn't allowed anymore. Administration, it's improved. Fights, hardly any ... Any fight can occur in a arrest, iss, oss, expelling, alternative school. Lunch, horrible unhealthy food, the only thing healthy is the salad which is shared with ham and I don't eat ham. Try to make food experiments: burger meat is used as teriyaki chicken, steak, any thing that's brown. Guidance, takes times doing everything . Office, women in the office are extremely rude and don't get to school until after it starts. Principal, great, some administrators share favoritism over students. Gym phew they give you a workout.....girls locker room is like 10 times smaller then the men's.... Girls locker room showers are used for storage. Foreign languages, the young teachers are the worst teachers. School doesn't know how to use money instead of using it on granite countertops and football they need to use it on books and to build another part of the school so I wouldn't be so crowded. Court yard, was really nice until students carved things into tables only seniors are allowed out there during lunch but I still go out anyways. We need field trips so we could widen our learning experience. I highly recommend another school and I'm a sophomore at lakeside.

As parents, we are appalled at the poor condition of the school building, especially relative to schools our children have attended in relatively affluent areas of other states. This is the only place we have lived that did not have a school orchestra. Math instruction is very poor and there are no math textbooks. Teachers put too much emphasis on group projects and other busy work that really isn't useful in preparing students for college.

My daughter goes to Lakeside and she loves it! The JROTC program is one of the best I've seen. She's going into the 10th grade this year and I wouldn't have her going to anyother school. I'm buying a house here just to keep her in this school district. We moved from Richmond County and the difference between the two districts with schools is like night and day. I'd highly recommend Lakeside High School and middle school for that matter.

This was my son's first year there, at Lakeside. He entered at 9th grade and he loves it. The teachers are very good and they worked with me to make sure my son transitioned smoothly since we moved from another state. His teachers are very good about keeping in touch with you. I would recommend this school.

Lakeside is not the most excellent school, but compared to most schools, it excels academically and bullying is not really very much of a problem. As for the comment about the "too much Christianity" in the school: It is probably not right for teachers to push their religion. But, for administration to stop bible teaching and prayer groups would not be right either. We Christians usually aren't hostile or anything to students of other religions at the school, and as long as the teachers aren't pushing Christianity to the Muslim students, then I think there is not much of a problem. But if people feel that there is a problem, then they should form their own religious club too, like Fishers of Men, except not Christian.

I would definitely take these opinions with a grain of salt. Obviously, there's no way to please everyone and someone will always feel slighted. I, personally, like Lakeside High and so do my two children who attend there. It's not perfect, but I can see that some people on here do not know how bad a school really can be. We are lucky and privileged to have knowledgeable and caring teachers (for the most part), excellent sports programs and a very wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities. Your school and your experience is going to be what you make of it. I read mentions of "pot smokers" and "cliques" I don't know that a high school exists, public or private, without those things. There are troublemakers, mean girls, etc. at any school you attend, but I honestly do not feel that Lakeside has any serious issues with these things (compared to other local schools). My children are happy, honor students, active in sports and clubs, which in turn makes me happy that we chose this specific area to get them into these specific schools (Elementary-High). The cost for sports can be a lot, but only because it's not funded by the county, so not the school's fault.

i am a junior at lakeside high and i do not like it at all. most of the students are terribly disrespectful, especially on the busses. i would rather walk barefoot on razorblade-covered streets thean deal with the amount of disrespect and disgusting attitudes on those busses. students are emotionless and remorseless when it comes to bullying. they will eat you alive. just the piercing stares of the student are enough to make you want to turn around and walk right back out. also, the administration is awful. they do nothing to prevent or stop bullying. they all choose favorites and leave the other students to fend for themselves. they treat us like children and when blamed for something, dont give you the time of day to prove your innocence. the school itself is also awful. there isnt even a cafeteria and the whole school is infested with bugs. the traffic is also a huge problem. there is one way in and one way out of the school parking lots with middle school traffic and high school traffic combined. the students also take no regard when driving, so i would look out. this school is terrible. as a student here i recommend you find another school if youre considering coming here.

I am a sophomore at Lakeside and I have to say it's a good school if you like no help from the administration with problems. Some teachers don't seem to care and the only thing the school cares about is attendance and if you get the credit towards graduation. I had problems with teachers that the administration didn't address properly. The sports and clubs are expensive because the school is cheap so expect to pay into pocket just to participate in extra curriculars. I wish you could take better classes..and not have to adhere to the ridiculous credit system. Some students who have taken all the credits are just repeating classes and they can't even graduate early. I am taking 2 AP classes and they don't even recognize the students who take them. The school is rampant with weed smokers and troublemakers. Theres a fight at least every two weeks. The infrastructure sucks and the hallways are tight and dingy. The only sport that matters is football and to heck with funding for other sports. Some clubs such as the debate team aren't even recognized and they don't even have the funding for a coach. I wish more classes were offered (as stated before). All in all I can't wait to graduate

This is a great school. We are getting ready to send our third child there and have no qualms about it at all. They have a wonderful band program and the sports are top rated. The teachers a very good about keeping in touch with parents and students.

Last modified Lakeside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.