Lakeside High School 2

Posted July 28, 2014
As parents, we are appalled at the poor condition of the school building, especially relative to schools our children have attended in relatively affluent areas of other states. This is the only place we have lived that did not have a school orchestra. Math instruction is very poor and there are no math textbooks. Teachers put too much emphasis on group projects and other busy work that really isn't useful in preparing students for college.

Posted June 03, 2013
My daughter goes to Lakeside and she loves it! The JROTC program is one of the best I've seen. She's going into the 10th grade this year and I wouldn't have her going to anyother school. I'm buying a house here just to keep her in this school district. We moved from Richmond County and the difference between the two districts with schools is like night and day. I'd highly recommend Lakeside High School and middle school for that matter.

Posted June 03, 2013
This was my son's first year there, at Lakeside. He entered at 9th grade and he loves it. The teachers are very good and they worked with me to make sure my son transitioned smoothly since we moved from another state. His teachers are very good about keeping in touch with you. I would recommend this school.

Posted April 11, 2013
Lakeside is not the most excellent school, but compared to most schools, it excels academically and bullying is not really very much of a problem. As for the comment about the "too much Christianity" in the school: It is probably not right for teachers to push their religion. But, for administration to stop bible teaching and prayer groups would not be right either. We Christians usually aren't hostile or anything to students of other religions at the school, and as long as the teachers aren't pushing Christianity to the Muslim students, then I think there is not much of a problem. But if people feel that there is a problem, then they should form their own religious club too, like Fishers of Men, except not Christian.

Lakeside High School 5

Posted December 06, 2012
I would definitely take these opinions with a grain of salt. Obviously, there's no way to please everyone and someone will always feel slighted. I, personally, like Lakeside High and so do my two children who attend there. It's not perfect, but I can see that some people on here do not know how bad a school really can be. We are lucky and privileged to have knowledgeable and caring teachers (for the most part), excellent sports programs and a very wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities. Your school and your experience is going to be what you make of it. I read mentions of "pot smokers" and "cliques" I don't know that a high school exists, public or private, without those things. There are troublemakers, mean girls, etc. at any school you attend, but I honestly do not feel that Lakeside has any serious issues with these things (compared to other local schools). My children are happy, honor students, active in sports and clubs, which in turn makes me happy that we chose this specific area to get them into these specific schools (Elementary-High). The cost for sports can be a lot, but only because it's not funded by the county, so not the school's fault.

Lakeside High School 1

Posted October 22, 2012
i am a junior at lakeside high and i do not like it at all. most of the students are terribly disrespectful, especially on the busses. i would rather walk barefoot on razorblade-covered streets thean deal with the amount of disrespect and disgusting attitudes on those busses. students are emotionless and remorseless when it comes to bullying. they will eat you alive. just the piercing stares of the student are enough to make you want to turn around and walk right back out. also, the administration is awful. they do nothing to prevent or stop bullying. they all choose favorites and leave the other students to fend for themselves. they treat us like children and when blamed for something, dont give you the time of day to prove your innocence. the school itself is also awful. there isnt even a cafeteria and the whole school is infested with bugs. the traffic is also a huge problem. there is one way in and one way out of the school parking lots with middle school traffic and high school traffic combined. the students also take no regard when driving, so i would look out. this school is terrible. as a student here i recommend you find another school if youre considering coming here.

Lakeside High School 3

Posted June 29, 2012
I am a sophomore at Lakeside and I have to say it's a good school if you like no help from the administration with problems. Some teachers don't seem to care and the only thing the school cares about is attendance and if you get the credit towards graduation. I had problems with teachers that the administration didn't address properly. The sports and clubs are expensive because the school is cheap so expect to pay into pocket just to participate in extra curriculars. I wish you could take better classes..and not have to adhere to the ridiculous credit system. Some students who have taken all the credits are just repeating classes and they can't even graduate early. I am taking 2 AP classes and they don't even recognize the students who take them. The school is rampant with weed smokers and troublemakers. Theres a fight at least every two weeks. The infrastructure sucks and the hallways are tight and dingy. The only sport that matters is football and to heck with funding for other sports. Some clubs such as the debate team aren't even recognized and they don't even have the funding for a coach. I wish more classes were offered (as stated before). All in all I can't wait to graduate

Lakeside High School 5

Posted November 24, 2011
This is a great school. We are getting ready to send our third child there and have no qualms about it at all. They have a wonderful band program and the sports are top rated. The teachers a very good about keeping in touch with parents and students.

Lakeside High School 2

Posted November 19, 2009
POSITIVES: My child is in a couple advanced classes. The level of education in these classes is amazing. Very impressed. The standard classes are, well, standard, but get the job done. NEGATIVES: School administrators have no desire whatsoever to maintain church/state separation. Christian participation is pushed very hard by a number of teachers. Bible and prayer groups are very much 'in your face'. This is disappointing because there is a decent sized Muslim student population (as well as others) which gets marginalized in order to prop up the Christian majority. The school has a big reputation in the area for being extremely 'snobby'. The students are more 'clique-ish' than what you will find in most other schools and you must keep up with appearances to fit in. If student doesn't keep up academically he will be left behind. That is the one academic negative.

Lakeside High School 1

Posted July 29, 2009
I would NOT allow my child to attend school at Lakeside High School in Evans, GA. Academically, the school is good, but they are NOT the only school in the district that can claim that---On a personal level, the school is awful. The school is grossly over-populated, and they have been almost since they opened. Class size is too large, and if your child is slow to pick up on new concepts, they risk being left behind. The instructors haven't the time to focus on learners individually, and if your child is doing poorly, they will either fail, or get refered to special education. I do NOT want my children warehoused. I am also a graduate of Lakeside Highschool (class of 1994), and the problems that exsisted when I attended have never been addressed. I would highly suggest looking into the Greenbriar School. It, too, is public, and not far away.

Lakeside High School
533 Blue Ridge Dr, Evans, GA  30809
Last modified Lakeside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top