Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I currently have two students that attend this school and have one that went through it but is now in middle school. Overall I say one of the better schools for the area and the kids are really happy there. They are improving each year and I can see the difference. They are even working on becoming STEM certified. I think three things hold this back from being a great school. One parent involvement, two the curriculum can be a little more consistent year to year, three there needs some more solid extracurricular opportunities like sports and music.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have a very even and fair hand when dealing with discipline.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school does a lot for students with learning disabilities

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is not consistent from teacher to teacher and grade level to grade level. Some teachers do great others not so much

I go to this school and it lacks in a lot of places. It is supposed to be a fit school. It truly is not the school food is horrible and there is hair in the food most of the time. I only go to the school because it is the closest school to my home. Parents don't be fooled by the teachers and staff. In the school year of 2012-2013 the newest vice principal told kids clearing their thourts to stop and choke. Mabey at the school has some good teachers like mrs. Little 2nd grade teacher and a few more. Over all I would not want you to make the misstake my parents did just from going to the school for 5 complete years and going into six there are some good things but mostly bad. If your kid goes to this school make sure they pack a lunch because they won't like it. That's all I have to say.

I am very disappointed with this school. My daughter is currently a first grader at E.C. West . After reading reviews I was very excited about my child attending this school. In my experience, the school lacks teachers and leadership that care about the students. As far as academics is concerned, I feel as though the teachers give a lot of busy work instead of work that will force the student to think. My child will not be returning to E.C. West next school year. This school year alone has been horrible! Hopefully the school gets its act together real soon.

This is my second grader's first year here, coming from another public elementary school, and it will be his last. My son's IQ was deemed to be 140, according to the IQ test given to him last year and his time is being wasted at this school. The work is very low level, the primary grades teachers are low level and do not know how to teach rigorously, and there are many students in each classroom that are ill behaved. My husband and I are fed up. I have tried being a stalwart public school supporter over the years, but "ghetto" children and parents and misguided administrators and board members do not want to see children truly succeed. This school, as are most South Fulton County schools, are holding pens for low income, government benefit receiving families that do not actually parent their children. Enough! My son was accepted to Woodward just yesterday and Woodward bound he is for next year.

Hi. I am a student at ecwest and I have to say I have enjoyed ecwest so much! I am going to ecwest next year for 5th grade! I have rocked it this year I was in so many clubs. Made exceeds in every subject on the CRCT. And Made student council!

I absolutely love this school. So far the teachers have been very personal and involved in my child's education.

E C West Elementary has caring staff and some devoted parents, who work together to ensure that students get the best, quality education possible.

Last modified E. C. West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.