Fairburn, GA

E. C. West Elementary School 1

Posted June 19, 2013
I go to this school and it lacks in a lot of places. It is supposed to be a fit school. It truly is not the school food is horrible and there is hair in the food most of the time. I only go to the school because it is the closest school to my home. Parents don't be fooled by the teachers and staff. In the school year of 2012-2013 the newest vice principal told kids clearing their thourts to stop and choke. Mabey at the school has some good teachers like mrs. Little 2nd grade teacher and a few more. Over all I would not want you to make the misstake my parents did just from going to the school for 5 complete years and going into six there are some good things but mostly bad. If your kid goes to this school make sure they pack a lunch because they won't like it. That's all I have to say.

E. C. West Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2013
I am very disappointed with this school. My daughter is currently a first grader at E.C. West . After reading reviews I was very excited about my child attending this school. In my experience, the school lacks teachers and leadership that care about the students. As far as academics is concerned, I feel as though the teachers give a lot of busy work instead of work that will force the student to think. My child will not be returning to E.C. West next school year. This school year alone has been horrible! Hopefully the school gets its act together real soon.

E. C. West Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2013
This is my second grader's first year here, coming from another public elementary school, and it will be his last. My son's IQ was deemed to be 140, according to the IQ test given to him last year and his time is being wasted at this school. The work is very low level, the primary grades teachers are low level and do not know how to teach rigorously, and there are many students in each classroom that are ill behaved. My husband and I are fed up. I have tried being a stalwart public school supporter over the years, but "ghetto" children and parents and misguided administrators and board members do not want to see children truly succeed. This school, as are most South Fulton County schools, are holding pens for low income, government benefit receiving families that do not actually parent their children. Enough! My son was accepted to Woodward just yesterday and Woodward bound he is for next year.

Posted May 31, 2012
Hi. I am a student at ecwest and I have to say I have enjoyed ecwest so much! I am going to ecwest next year for 5th grade! I have rocked it this year I was in so many clubs. Made exceeds in every subject on the CRCT. And Made student council!

Posted July 22, 2011
I absolutely love this school. So far the teachers have been very personal and involved in my child's education.

E. C. West Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
E C West Elementary has caring staff and some devoted parents, who work together to ensure that students get the best, quality education possible.

E. C. West Elementary School 3

Posted March 04, 2009
I am very disappointed with this school and it's curriculum. My child is an honor student from NY and is bored with the work here. He's in the tag program at EC West which is supposed to be a privaledge but it appears anyone can get in and all they do is play. It's not a real honors club that we are accustomed to. If I didn't home school my child in addition, he would be so far behind compared to the average school. He barely gets homework and when he does its a waste of time to review (work he's done years ago). The school needs major teaching improvements and stop leaving it 100% to the parents to do. We should be supporting and reviewing work - not providing it.

Posted June 21, 2008
I love this school. I have two children at ec west and they both look forward everyday to going to school. Right now they are mad that they could not go during the summer. The teachers and staff are so loving and friendly. The principal is just as wonderful and really cares about the students and parents, being quick to address any issues or concerns. The education is above what i thought it would be for a public school. Both of my children are in the talented program and my daughters class is being kept together for the upcoming school year teacher and all. Because of how well they did in class work and the crct. Im soo happy..

E. C. West Elementary School 4

Posted December 23, 2007
We've been apart of EC West for the past 4 years and I really enjoy my kids being apart of this school. My son and now my daughters have great teachers who are willing to work with them and us. My sons teachers each year have gone above and beyond many times for him. The staff is helpful and friendly. We've got a great principal who is attentive and always striving for excellance!

E. C. West Elementary School 2

Posted November 01, 2007
I am very disappointed with the academic curriculum, the teachers, and lack of school security. This is the second year my children have attended this school and I have not seen any improvement. I will be enrolling my children in a tutoring program so they can be academically challenged. Teachers are in a great position to really make a mark on a childs life. I have honor roll students with excellent behavior. My children are doing a great job because I spend a lot of time teaching them at home. It is unfortunate that I am doing the work but the teachers are receiving the paycheck! As soon as I can afford it, my children will be attending a private school.

E. C. West Elementary School
7040 Rivertown Rd, Fairburn, GA  30213
Last modified E. C. West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E. C. West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top