Fairburn, GA
Students enrolled: 1,085

Posted June 15, 2014
The teachers are encouraging and the principals are wonderful!! My daughter has excelled as a sixth grader. We disregarded the initial reviews of the school and met with her teachers and the principal at the beginning of the school year. We found that the challenges are not with the staff but the lack of parental involvement.

Posted May 03, 2014
i will be glad to help bcms win $5,000. my son is in 6th grade and for the first time since he has started school this is the smoothiest academic year he has ( i would say WE HAVE) ever had so far. the teachers are just amazing and i truly appreciate the fact that they are FAIR and DEVOTED to the students. i love bcms. i love the teachers. i love the staff. i love the principal. i know he is retiring. we will miss him a lot. hopefully the new one will be just as fine. parents remember it all stars at home. teachers can not do it all alone.

Bear Creek Middle School 1

Posted May 08, 2013
Bear Creek Middle School does not help students in any way. Sometimes they pass your child just because they dont wont your child in the class. They punish your child for no reason. I rate this school a 1 star.

Posted May 02, 2013
I currently have 3 children enrolled in Bear Creek Middle School and I'm proud when I say it. I don't drop my kids off at the school house door and wait for them to return home and tell me whats going on at the school. I'm an involved parent. I'm a PTA member, I'm a band parent, a pare volunteer, and mostly I'm a "I just popped up here to see what ya'll are doing" type of parent. Is the school perfect? No. Does the principal care? Yes. Do the teachers care? Yes. And most importantly are they skilled and credential to teach what it is that they are teaching? Yes. Every situation is what you make of it. If you send your child to Bear Creek and you have set in your mind that nothing will stop him/her from becoming all the life and God has called them to be than you will have an experience as remarkable as mine. If you drop them off and let the chips fall where they may then your experience will not be as pleasant .

Posted March 15, 2013
Student(7th) I am a current student of BCMS. It may not be the best school but it is not the worst. The teachers take on the roll as parents and the students isn't gang-bangers. Most of the students find this activity "ratched" and lame. Bcms. Is also working to improve itself. The students scores are improving, bcms is making more family activites an trips at the school. Also bCMS music department has had multiple visits from college directors who beggeed to watch us play and we have been invited to many parades, colleges, and pep ralleys! Just because BCMS is filled with africain-americans doesn't mean we have little potentail... we have to be coaxed to get there. 100's of great writers, muscians, singers, readers,cheerleaders,dancers, and ect start off right here in Bcms. Know what's really going on at Bcms. The south is as good as the north. It just depends on who is viewing the idea.

Posted January 21, 2012
I am now graduating from Bear Creek Middle School and I believe the school has good leadership but certain students do not put enough effort into learning but disrupt the classes they attend affecting the others.

Bear Creek Middle School 4

Posted August 05, 2011
I am a new parent to Fulton, my son has completed 6th grade at Bear Creek. Our first year has been fine. The teachers and staff are trying extremely hard to help our children be successful and achieve a good education. There is no reason why OUR school can not achieve high ranking scores like to schools in North Fulton County. WE the parents are the reason for the low rankings. WE need to stand up for OUR school and OUR kids. People need to stop being negative and become part of the solution. Not everyone who attend Bear Creek comes from a low income family. It does matter where you come from, it's where you're going thats important. Stop the slender and lets move OUR KIDS forward. The principle and his staff wants what is BEST for kids. WE need to want the SAME!

Bear Creek Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2011
I went to Bear Creek several years ago, I have since graduated high school and started college. The school and the teachers are not the problem, the parents and students are the problem. Most of these children come from low-income, single parent homes and they wouldn't know discipline if it kicked them in the face. The kids are disruptive in class and show no interest for learning. The parents aren't involved with their childrens education, when their children get into fights they point fingers at everyone else, they accept no responsibility for the lack of motivation their children display. All the reviews from parents that claim the teachers and principal at fault are most likely from the parent of a problem. Teachers don't fail students, they fail themselves.

Posted July 28, 2010
I am reviewing comments and trying to find info on this school for 'school choice'. Seems like there is really not much of a choice between the schools in (this) area. Similar 'foul-mouthed', rude, disrespectful,and unruly kids at Renaissance Middle (a school with great staff & low parental involvement). So sad!

Posted June 24, 2010
I worked at BCMS from 2007-2009. The school is pretty average. The biggest issue at Bear Creek is a lack of parental involvement which is directly correlated with student achievement. I wasted many hours waiting to meet with parents about their child's academics and/or behavior, they don't show up. The teachers at BCMS are dedicated educators and devote hours and hours of time in professional development and tutoring students. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. PARENTS YOU HAVE TO BE INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILDREN'S EDUCATION! The administration as well as the faculty work hard to ensure its students are learning, and they shouldn't have to devote instructional time parenting YOUR children.

Bear Creek Middle School
7415 Herndon Rd, Fairburn, GA  30213
Last modified Bear Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top