Fairburn, GA

Posted January 13, 2014
My daughter, who has dyslexia and slight processing issues, started The Bedford School in August 2012, coming from a public school, and this is her 2nd year at the school. Her academic achievement has skyrocketed at this school. Classes are small, teachers care, the school environment is calm and it is a happy place to attend. Dr. Betsy Box, the director and founder, is all about the students and making sure the students get what they need and ensuring parents and teachers stay on the cutting edge of teaching strategies for this population of students. My daughter was drowning in public school academically and her self esteem was at rock bottom. She was always "sick" each morning when attending public school. Since starting this school, she is the first one ready each morning and looks forward to attending school. She will stay here until there are no other grades for her to complete (this school only serves students through 9th grade). This school is a blessing.

Posted September 02, 2013
I attended Bedford from 2001 to 2005 and it was the best private school I've been to. The faculty were the best in the state and were dedicated to each and every student. Dr. Box kept the school under control at all times and made sure each student received the best education possible. A friendly and welcoming environment, it's the perfect place for students who feel like they have trouble fitting in to grow and learn. Highly recommended.

Posted August 09, 2013
The Bedford School is a wonderful private school for children with learning challenges in grades 1-9. My daughter struggled for 4 years with reading comprehension prior to starting at The Bedford School. Now, it is such a joy to hear her laugh has she reads books! She loves all of her teachers and can't wait to get to school every day. She would attend all year around if she could.

Posted December 25, 2011
My daughter spent only one year at Bedford before we moved to another state and we are missing the school tremendously. My daughter wishes we could find another school like it and so do we. Dr. Box is a wonderful woman who clearly loves the children and has worked hard to make Bedford the wonderful place that it is. The majority of the teachers are great, the parents are ultra involved and the student body is diverse. If I could add one thing to the curriculum, it would be a socialization class for children who have challenges with social skills. And, a little more diversity amongst the staff would be nice. I love that the children are allowed to play sports as early as 4th grade, they put on plays, have swim days at the pool from time to time, and have some really great fund raisers like the Bedford Dasher and the Auction , not just your typical selling candy stuff. My child's confidence soared there and we are really missing Bedford .

The Bedford School 4

Posted November 04, 2010
Big change from public school. Small classes, more one on one and teachers who care. My son actually loves going to school and has a very diverse group of friends who enjoys in and outside of school. The Bedford School is our family and we love them.

Posted December 28, 2008
The Bedford School has been a blessing to our entire family. Our child has made great improvements in a short amount of time after struggling in pulbic schools for years. The teachers and staff work very hard to help the students excell in academics and social skills. They are very organized and teach the kids how to stay organized with their school work. Our child's self esteem grew quickly once we joined the Bedford School family.

Posted August 03, 2005
- a former student
I am a student now in college but I attended The Bedford School. I enjoyed my time there. The teachers were my best friends and they made school fun and a place that i wanted to go to every day.

The Bedford School