Campbell Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 800 students

Posted August 4, 2014

Ah what can I say , well i was a student at Campbell and it was the best years of my life parents if you're looking for a great elementary school here's your best bet ! Campbell's the best ! Brettbolden !

Posted May 4, 2014

The rating for this school does not show the truth at Campbell. The principle Mrs. Cadet loves what she does every day from the interactions with the children and also the way the school is ran. The teachers are AMAZING! They take their time to make sure the kids understand everything, school work but also life lessons. The teachers at Campbell are leaders not just teachers. My children have been at Campbell two years. My children receive honor roll and principle list every year. We will not be returning next year because of job relocation and reading the reviews for other schools in "better" areas doesn't sound like it's where I want my children to go.Yes their rated 9 or 10 but it's doesn't seem like they actually care about the children.

Posted April 18, 2014

where my daughter is growing, learning, and becoming a young lady. She is supported by her teachers and the staff. She has made friends and is developing into an intelligent, happy, secure person due to the encouragement and support of her teachers and staff at the school.

Posted April 2, 2014

Campbell has once again exceeded my expectations this year. I love the staff and our great principle Mrs. Cadet. She encourages the students and parents. The curriculum is great and my son loves to learn as a result.

Posted May 6, 2013

I would like to say that I have really enjoyed my daughter, who is in kindergarten, being at Campbell Elementary this year. Recently, I sent the principal an email at 10:30pm on a Sunday night because I wanted to address an issue with my daughter early Monday morning. I was surprised to see a response to my email at 6:30am Monday morning from Ms. Cadet. My daughter and I continued to prepare for work and school and by the time I arrived to work, Ms. Cadet had resolved the issue and emailed me to see if I still needed to meet with her. I was very impressed by how quickly she responded to my concern. Also, love the way each grade performed during the PTA meetings. I would recommend Campbell Elementary to anyone in the Union City and Fairburn area because staff are really concerned about the students and they get to know them personally.

Posted September 10, 2012

Campbell Elementary is a great school. My son won the Pre-K lottery to attend this school, and it's where he needs to be. I recently attended a volunteer and Pre-K parent meeting and was very delighted to see how involved the Principle and Vice Principle were. I like the fact that they both attended and were actively involved, not just sitting back relaxing. Campbell is everything I hoped for as a parent, they teach my son things that will help exceed his next learning level and be successful. Go Campbell!

Posted April 6, 2010

My son has been in the special needs program there for the past 4 years and we've had good and bad years. I have complained about some of the teachers lack of involvement and was told maybe it will be better for him next year! I'm tired of hearing 'well, give it a few more months, or another year!' My son doesn't have another year to waste!

Posted July 29, 2009

Very Good Teachers, but there seems to be very heavy levels of 'clicks' and poor problem-solving tactics among the leaders of the school and trinkles down to the teachers, I think.

Posted July 28, 2008

My husband and I are both retired military and decided to move here in Atlanta. We wanted to find a school that would fit our 3 year old son 'special needs' on being speech delayed. The teachers at Campbell are absolutely wonderful and professional. The staff is so supportive and just unbelieveable. By the end of the school year I can see the difference in my son's progress. I was told that my son would have to go to his home school, but that is just not an option for us. We plan on providing our own transportation for our son to and from school. I can't say enough on how great Campbell Elementary has been to our family...Highly Recommended!

Posted December 5, 2007

Campbell Elementary is a dynamic school! I truly believe that the performance of any organization is contingent upon whether the head of the organization demonstrates great leadership, integrity, authenticity of character, and an unquestionable desire to put his/her employees first. These attributes definitely describe Principal Denine Cadet! With the unwavering commitment of teachers and staff, she has managed to create a learning environment that goes beyond any parents expectations! The camaraderie and dedication, among teachers and staff, the genuine devotion to each child and their family, and the rich diversity of culture, are just a few of the many qualities that contribute to the outstanding education at Campbell Elementary. Everyday I take my daughter to school, she has a big smile on her face, from the time I drop her off, to the time I pick her up.

Posted June 23, 2007

My daughter just graduated from Campbell this past May, and I am so sad about her leaving. We moved into the area from another country 2 years ago and before we even got here Ms Cadet kept in touch via email and when we finally met in person, she told us 'We don't shake hands, we give hugs'. The teachers are great - and committed - they give of their time after school to tutor and lead extra curriculars like scrabble club and boy/girl scouts. Very culturally diverse, PTA meetings well attended and to the point and the kids love skate night. 150 words is not enough! Drop off/pick up is almost seamless; they take care of children and teach them and on any given day you can find former students coming by to say hi. Campbell is not just a school, it's a family.'

Posted January 24, 2007

Both of my sons at one point attended this school I love the staff and the principal is the best. I wish this school was K5-12!!! Keep up the great work Mrs. Cadet!!!! L. Dilworth

Posted September 19, 2006

My kids absolutely love this school. I am in total agreeance with them. The staff is courteous and geniuinely concerened about the children that attend.

Posted August 20, 2006

My child is new to this School. The first day usually is a little hectic, but the staff was very helpful and made my children's transition a pleasant one. Even the principal walked up to my daughters class after showing us where to sign up for after school pick-up. I mean she did not leave our side until we were settled. My son was very nervous his first day, but when he came home him and my daughter said they had a great day. I am looking forward to getting involved with my kids education at Campbell.

Posted February 24, 2005

Campbell Elem is an awesome school. I refuse to move out of the area because I could not imagine my kids in another school. The teachers are excellent and the academic performance has been great where my kids are concerned. The kids are kind, courteous, and well behaved. The staff teaches them manners and life skills that they can take out into the real world. The PTA turn out is excellent, parents are working along with the teachers to ensure that our kids have the best education. Campbell is an extremely diversified school, with white, black, hispanic, and other nationalities. Campbell celebrates cultural differences with hispanic and black history months as well as lessons on other cultures. Campbell would a awesome elementry for any child whose parents are seeking a loving, nutruring enviornment.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

147 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

149 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

147 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

130 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

130 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

129 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

129 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

130 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

• Denine Cadet
Fax number
  • (770) 306-3522

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

91 Elder St