PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Solid Rock Academy is a loving school that cares about each of the students and also the parents in which they sometimes need help as well! this is a PRIVATE school not PUBLIC which you do have to pay money to attend! is this academy worth my money for my child(ren)? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Solid Rock Academy is a great educational facility that bases their standards on family. Every one is apart of the Solid Rock family and the falculty and staff show love to their students as if they are their own. I love Solid Rock!

This is the worst school in Georgia. The owner is money hungry the students care learning out of Old textbooks. However they still want patents to pay a book fee. Now don't get me wrong if you're looking simply for your child to graduate then take your chances there. But please don't expect much students are no where close to being able to function on grade level when they go to another school. This school is a serious joke my child left last school year and we had to get him extra help during the summer so that he won't be extremely far behind. All of his report cards had good grades last year. However it wasn't until he was being questioned by relatives that were in the same grades then I notice that he wasn't on track. Please do your homework on this school and if you choose to send your child there your child be be very far behind. Most of these students leave this school not being able to read. The only children that are ever showcased are the grandchildren of the owner.

Solid Rock Academy is possibly one of the worst private schools you would want to send your child to. That you would actually even think about letting your beloved and impressionable children attend there is a surprising. Solid Rock is a school were both the technology and learning material are outdated to the point were some would believe it horrific. The teachers are well-mannered, but have the inability to keep the attention of the students. Worst the faculty are "family oriented" and sometimes show blatant favoritism to their own children who attend the school. Fights are frequent and paddling is their broken key to prevent it. Teachers are somewhat vague on lessons, but will try to help the student if they can not understand obsolete material. Some of the faculty smoke outside near the toddler playground and will foolishly leave the cigarette buds out. Bugs (ants, roaches, spiders) in classes are recurring and stolen items are common. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this school, unless you are financially well and okay with just any kind of knowledge being passed on to your children. If not, I recommend another private school or homeschooling.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Depends on the teacher. A teacher by the name of Mr.Allen is clearly the only one who knows what he's doing and also the only one who the students obviously respect.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is completely non-existent in the terms of challenging the students mind, Solid Rock tries to force the fact that students should be more independent when learning the material.

Develops character: Disagree

Integrity and Honesty? I wish they were honest in the fact they want more money than possible and they show favoritism to children who are part of the teachers family or pay on time.

Solid Rock Academy is a joke of a school. My son attended this school for 2 years and this was the biggest mistake ever. According to his teachers he was doing well in his classes. I never had any inclination that my son was not doing well until I decided to not pay them $350 to go on this annual field to the 4H center in Jekyll Island, GA. They took them to the 4H center in Hampton, GA). When every permission slip that I signed and every notice that was given out in the beginning of the school year leading up to the trip said Jekyll Island, so you can imagine I was surprised when I got a phine call 30 minutes later saying hey mom we're here. So because I decided not to send my son on this bogus field trip a second year and keep my $350 in my pocket instead of theirs, he failed science. Solid Rock Academy is MONEY HUNGRY. They do not care about your childs education. I really found this out when I took my child out of this school and put him back in public school. He was given P.E. 4 times he did not have his health class that was required for him to pass on to the next grade. After I decided to move him they sent me a bill for bogus fees. I could go on but I think this is enough.

The problem with this school is nepotism and lack of leadership. I do believe the administration has well intentions. They lack in areas that are essential for todays education. For example, there is no technology. The computers are antiquated and the facilities need upgrading. Parents have no direct access to teachers. The school has one email account and parents are required to email teachers using that account. I believe the account is intended for the administration to monitor correspondence between parent and teacher. Furthermore, the education that the child receives is not aligned with those of public school standards. In my opinion, if your child requires direct attention or specialized educational needs, this is not the school for you. If your child already has a good educational foundation, your child may succeed in this environment. However, from my personal experience, my child attended this school for four years. After transferring to a public school, it is apparent that my child is tremendously behind. Don t be fooled by the school's accreditation. For me personally, I kept my child at this school too long.

I must say I am disappointed in the school as a whole. It is too unorganized. It is hard to get direct answers and the answers come across as if they are covering. The staff is out way too often causing gaps in the lessons plans. There is too much gossiping about which parent is not liked and in front of the children. There is a low student to teacher ratio however the teachers still have trouble completing daily assignments. There is always a fundraiser or money to be collected without seeing where its going. I did a surprise visit and was shocked to see how aggressive the teachers spoke to the children even small ones. I really must say the school has gone down as a whole and I really regret ever putting my child there.

Last modified Solid Rock Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12