Posted June 10, 2014
Solid Rock Academy is a joke of a school. My son attended this school for 2 years and this was the biggest mistake ever. According to his teachers he was doing well in his classes. I never had any inclination that my son was not doing well until I decided to not pay them $350 to go on this annual field to the 4H center in Jekyll Island, GA. They took them to the 4H center in Hampton, GA). When every permission slip that I signed and every notice that was given out in the beginning of the school year leading up to the trip said Jekyll Island, so you can imagine I was surprised when I got a phine call 30 minutes later saying hey mom we're here. So because I decided not to send my son on this bogus field trip a second year and keep my $350 in my pocket instead of theirs, he failed science. Solid Rock Academy is MONEY HUNGRY. They do not care about your childs education. I really found this out when I took my child out of this school and put him back in public school. He was given P.E. 4 times he did not have his health class that was required for him to pass on to the next grade. After I decided to move him they sent me a bill for bogus fees. I could go on but I think this is enough.

Solid Rock Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2013
The problem with this school is nepotism and lack of leadership. I do believe the administration has well intentions. They lack in areas that are essential for todays education. For example, there is no technology. The computers are antiquated and the facilities need upgrading. Parents have no direct access to teachers. The school has one email account and parents are required to email teachers using that account. I believe the account is intended for the administration to monitor correspondence between parent and teacher. Furthermore, the education that the child receives is not aligned with those of public school standards. In my opinion, if your child requires direct attention or specialized educational needs, this is not the school for you. If your child already has a good educational foundation, your child may succeed in this environment. However, from my personal experience, my child attended this school for four years. After transferring to a public school, it is apparent that my child is tremendously behind. Don t be fooled by the school's accreditation. For me personally, I kept my child at this school too long.

Solid Rock Academy 4

Posted September 09, 2010
Educational program is great. The problem is with administration. The Director(owner), prinicipal,(they are sisters), admissions couselor(owner's daughter). TOOOO much inter-mingling. Owner gossips with both parents(who are members of her church) and other teachers in front of students and other parents. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Solid Rock Academy 3

Posted July 27, 2010
EVERYTHING COSTS AT THIS SCHOOL. They are constantly having fund raisers but you never find out where the money goes, they will ask for parents ot donate food items and sell it back to your own kid at ridiculous prices in order to get 100% profit. 4th grade teacher is rude, unfriendly, the class fear her...very unapproachable.

Solid Rock Academy 3

Posted August 20, 2009
My daughter attending Solid Rock for a year and a half. She learned a lot in their program, however there were times when I felt like she was not allowed to be a kid. I took issue with their disciplinary procedures. I also took issue with the administration of the school. When my child was there her teacher was not in her class for several weeks and she was combined with another class. The administration gave no notice to the parents of this. Also, the administration is very unorganized and schedule field trips without proper notice. If the administration was different or became more organized I think the school would be much better

Posted June 01, 2009
My child attend this school from 07 til 09. He was 3 years old when he started. He knew his phonics and could add when he started. The school never built on those skills. Then for some mysterious reason (I could never get a straight answer) they decided he needed to stay in preschool when he was suppose to move to prek. I have a feeling it was due to low staff numbers. What a shame! My son left in what was suppose to be the middle of his prek year and now reads all the kindergarten books in the Hooked on Phonics Series, but no thanks to Solid Rock. I'm so glad I got him out of there when I did! This school is not equipped to teach on an excellerated level only average at best!

Solid Rock Academy 0

Posted August 12, 2008
I am a parent of a 2 year old and my son has really excelled in their program. He started in the summer program 2008 and I am very statisfied.

Posted July 16, 2008
I am a parent of a student who used to attend this school. This school is more like a daycare center. They excell very well in caring and educating the young ones from daycare to elementary school. However with the upper levels that include middle school through highschool, their disciplinary and educational productivity is highly poor. My son who attended this school was in 7th grade but was learning stuff from elementary school. The students in middle school level lacked the knowledge they needed to know. The school is very eager for money. They assign expensive neccesites like unecessary feild trips that do not realate to the academic studies. The worst part about all the money issues is almost everything is madatory. A parent has no say so in his or her choice. Bottom line, for a private school it is poor in education and diversity!

Solid Rock Academy 5

Posted March 01, 2008

Solid Rock Academy 4

Posted August 25, 2007
My son has started the infant program up to a toddler. The teachers from Pre-k on up are stable, caring,and good at discipline. The teachers for the younger class have changed every year since my child has been there he has had 3-4 new teachers in a 2 year period of time. The discipline is good, he has learned everything he should have for his level however, with the frequent teacher changes the consistency of homework vs no homework depends on the teacher. The principle and assistant principle, team leaders are excellent. Discipline is right in line with private school. I would recommend this school over other Riverdale public schools or childcare.

Solid Rock Academy