Fayetteville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,503

Posted December 11, 2014
We have three boys at the school and all are involved in several activities. The school work is challenging and teachers are very involved. Mr. Rabold, Principal, does a great job and attends most after school events. Administration is very involved and listens/appreciates feedback. My sons have AP courses and we volunteer for many of the clubs and booster programs. If you want your child to have the opportunity to excel and be involved in many activities, this is the place to go. My son received a full scholarship to UGA, so we are very happy with the teachers and the opportunities.

Posted October 06, 2014
I went to WHS all four years of high school. It was an amazing experience. The teachers are very willing to help you, as long as you put in an equal amount of effort. The technology in this school is very up-to-date which allows for those students who do not do well with "traditional" note-taking to strive just as equally. WHS definitely prepared me for college. I would recommend WHS to anyone looking for a high school for their children.

Posted March 12, 2014
Whitewater High is a terrific school, with intelligent students and engaged parents. Whitewater does have some issues with socioeconomic inclusiveness. If you come from a family with middle class to upper middle class standing, you will fit right in. Most students have college educated parents. IF you are from a single parent or working class family, you will not feel included. The top half of students is equivalent to the top 10 percent in some less affluent schools. A third of graduates have "honors." As a result, getting into AP classes can be nearly impossible, as it is based on class rank with no more than 100 seats total for every AP class offered in the school combined. Students that would otherwise be able to take AP classes at other schools, are not able to. This is done in the interest of keeping students grades up, but can prevent them from being accepted to schools like UGA and GT which expect AP credits. Students less geared for college may suffer as well, as programs like ROTC are not present and there is little "career prep." As a 2009 Alumni, I can say nothing but wonderful things about my experience, but it is not for everyone. Do Marching Band. It's fun

Posted November 08, 2012
We have 3 children in the Fayette Co school system. I would say that the WHS was much better than Whitewater Middle School as for two of kid s experiences so far. The thing that has always concerned me is the lack of diversity and this county as whole is very conservative in their views. It makes for very small-minded people. There have been a lot of racial issues with kids (black & white differences). In fact my children have experienced them in elementary, middle and high school that required me and my husband s involvement. Overall the school academics are good (check test scores) and the curriculum is challenging. The faculty is good, so in spite of the racial divide I would still give the school 4 out of 5 stars. Make sure that if your kids are of color they have a thick skin and are secure in their ethnicity. Parents it is highly recommended that you are very involved and address issues quickly. You need to form allegiances with like-minded friends so that you can stay up on opportunities within the school. Stay engaged with the counselors as early as 9th grade so that the counselors know you and your children b/c they write the recommendations for colleges.

Whitewater High School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
This school is dysfunctional. four fifths of the student body is superficial. The school as a whole is boring. The administrators cover up everything negative that happens. There is bullying and severe seperation, not only by race, but by socioeconomic status,behavior and, personalities. No one likes anybody. Most of the girls are rude. The atmosphere is cold and unwelcoming. I give it a star because the food is good. Just because the building looks fancy doesn't mean this school is great. I wouldn't recommend it for anybody. I went there as a student for some time and withdrew to go to school in Clayton County. Yes. I did. That should give you an idea of what I mean.

Posted July 22, 2011
Wonderful school. I've sent three kids there --- one is out, one is a senior this year, and one is a freshman this year. Teachers are engaged and enthusiastic. Extracurricular activities are abundant. There is less cliquish behavior among the students than I recall from my own HS days. All in all, a great experience for my kids. In general, Georgia schools may get a bad rap, but Whitewater is an oasis in that desert.

Whitewater High School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
I mean the school is great, but its very small in my opoin, and people are all the same, you know. You area either preppy or your a 'weirdo or a freak'

Posted February 22, 2010

Whitewater High School 3

Posted December 29, 2009

Posted December 02, 2009
I am a student at Whitewater and I love it. It is a great school to go to. It is Probably one of the best schools in the State of Georgia and the best in the county. even though Starr's Mill comes close (and still this i a good school) whitewater beats it when it comes to a nicer, newer, and better facility and building. The people are very nice at this school and very friendly (at Starr's Mill they kids are very snobby and cliquey) over all a very very good school to go to. and the community of Fayette County is one of the nicest and safe places to live.

Whitewater High School
100 Wildcat Way, Fayetteville, GA  30215
Last modified Whitewater High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitewater High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top