Posted May 06, 2014
I have two students at RSMS. My students moved to RSMS in 6th and 8th grade from north ATL suburbs. It was a huge adjustment. Yes, there are cliques, hard teachers, rich & entitled brats but my kids have been exposed to so many positive experiences and have grown in ways I don't think they would at the big mega schools in Cobb or Cherokee county ga. My kids have formed bonds with their teachers and their test scores are amazing compared to there past school. My advice to any new parent to RSMS is be prepared for some shock with the academics, teachers who will challenge you and your child (LOL) and a culture you can only find in the BUBBLE!

Rising Starr Middle School 3

Posted April 07, 2014
I am a bit disappointed in some of the teachers at this school. Unfortunately, depending on the team the child is placed on, there are big differences in the level of teaching. I wish this wasn't the case but I have seen it first hand. When something is brought up to the new principal, nothing gets done. I wish I could say my child got a 1st rate education, but sadly this isn't the case.

Rising Starr Middle School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
Parent involvement is very high. I have issues with a Math teacher at this school, she has many students failing her class but insists it is all the students fault. She does not take any responsibility on herself and becomes argumentative when parents try to speak with her about the issues. I have heard of issue after issue with dress code, depending on who is watching, the kids can get away with wearing just about anything. Other children are given "dress code" for conservative dress. There is no standard for enforcement. I have sent in suggestions but hear nothing back. There are students who cut themselves and show it to other students- where are the teachers? staff? I find it a huge problem if my child comes home stating they can't ask a question in their math class or when they take tests the teacher talks the entire time or the other students are loud and disruptive. When a teacher has students failing a class, something needs to be done and I don't mean blame the students. -Frustrated parent

Rising Starr Middle School 4

Posted March 15, 2014
Rising Starr Middle School-We have had 3 children go through RSMS. The first two are in 10th and 12th grade now, and we have a 7th grader currently there. We almost made the choice to send our 7th grader elsewhere, and are VERY THANKFUL that we did not. RSMS has had AP changes over the last two years. The AP that came in last year (12-13) and is over scheduling and IEP's is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL & AMAZING!! She cares for kids and will bend over backwards for students and parents. The AP that came in this year (13-14) is also doing a fabulous job with discipline and will not tolerate bullying. He handles kids the right way when they are sent to his office, and contacts parents in a timely manner. We are very happy with RSMS! The teachers our child has had have been remarkable and made our middle school experience almost perfect. The teachers post homework on Edmodo everyday, and respond to questions, and take care of our child in a warm and caring manner. Love this school now! Thanks Fayette County! ~Happy Starr Family

Posted August 27, 2013
After hearing the negatives of Rising Starr, I hesitated to send my daughter to this school. I was ready to send her to a private school. I thought I'd give it a try at least. I am soooo glad I did! She went from being a very insecure child that only met expectations on the CRCT to becoming a leader and her 8th grade year exceeded expectations on all sections of the CRCT. She really learned to study in her years there and in high school is maintaining A's in all her classes. The teachers at RSMS went above and beyond to embrace my child and let her strengths shine rather than her weaknesses keep her down. Her teachers all 3 years were wonderful and I sing their praises! She was not the most popular kid by any means, but it was the teachers that kept her confidence up. They gave her extra help when she needed it and let her be their helper to boost her confidence and to help her feel needed. This was all done on their own...I didn't ask them to do this! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Rising Starr!!! Ms. Carson, Ms. Gaskins, Ms. Romine, Ms. Lightfoot...all were excellent...just to name a few. Thanks!! Shannon

Posted March 07, 2013
I've been very disappointed with this school. My 6th grade girl has 5 out of 7 periods where there are a group of boys who are very disrupting. The teachers ask them to stop but to no avail. Kids who want to learn can't concentrate and the staff has no control over their students and will not escalate punishment or removal of these kids. At the lockers they bully the kids and say inappropriate comments to the girls for them to move so they can dominate the space. When reported, nothing happens. PE exactly the same. The class gets punished 3-4 times a week for the handful of disrespectful ones. The school is very large and I believe understaffed. It's a very wealthy school and the kids seem - 6th grade at least -- unsupervised by their parents at home. The shocking language and too mature subjects I've been hearing about are disturbing. If you choose this school, plan to be very involved and know well who your children's friends are. Our group of 7 teachers -- 3 are great, the other 4 cold and unresponsive to parent's concerns.

Posted February 26, 2012
So often the excuse is "middle school is the worst time in anyone's life" and my response is, "why is it tolerated?". There are some great teachers, but if you don't great, you get bad! If your child has issues, good luck getting any services, unless the issue is severe, you are a teachers in the county with a Child that goes to the school for free, or hire an attorney. The teachers do have it pretty good: if a student doesn't understand the information, the parents can teach it or they will hire a tutor. There is also an unwritten uniform: girls have long straight hair, low cut tops, skinny jeans and ugg boots (no knock offs allowed) while boys either sport pants or shorts, tshirts. Anything other than that is not socially acceptable. The light at the end of the tunnel is that it is only 3 years until the real fun in high school. I chose not to send my remaining children to RSMS.

Posted March 14, 2010
I moved to Peachtree City and started 6th-8th grade at RSMS. I personally loved most of the time here, I met some truly outstanding teachers and friends. But the cliques and problems at our school, I have to admit, are ridiculously extreme. If you're not in the 'popular' crowd, you're a nerd, and that's final. We, as students, don't accept people who are different, poor, or intelligent.

Rising Starr Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Great teachers, wonderful programs and a commitment to making the most of our children's potential!

Posted August 24, 2009
Rising Starr Middle had the best teachers and programs, everyone loved their classes and the homework load was never too much. They offer a lot of ways to get involved for students and parents, and the building is great in design. Your child will love it, and so will you. :) (this school is beast, and if u hear differently, ask someone else who goes to the school

Rising Starr Middle School
183 Panther Path, Fayetteville, GA  30215
Last modified Rising Starr Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rising Starr Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top