Public charter
Flowery Branch, GA

Posted April 17, 2014
Martin has been a great experience for my grandson the past 2 years. He has had quality teachers, and the staff are all very friendly. As a retired educator, now teaching at the college level, I find myself referring to various strategies and creative ideas I have observed while volunteering at his school. There is a high level of energy and competence in every task performed. The front office could not be more professional and friendly, as well as other staff and faculty. I really appreciate the level of high expectations for the students,prepared teachers, and genuine concern obvious when you enter the classroom and observe. The only area I feel could use some evaluation and problem solving is the lunchroom behavior and noise level. It would benefit the students, lunchroom staff, and visitors. Overall, Martin has demonstrated all the qualities of a proficient, effective, and positive educational experience.

Posted August 22, 2013
My son attends Martin Academy of Math and Science in Flowery Branch, GA. This school has offered amazing opportunities for him to learn with a real hands-on approach! They offer various models of learning, which meets the needs of every child there. I am so very pleased with his progress and wait with confidence to see what great things they do this school year! The faculty and staff could not be nicer, and the level of professionalism exceeds most other schools I've been involved with.

Martin Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2012
My children have been going to this school for many years. The school gets low test scores every year. Many of the teachers and staff are rude. The teachers clearly show favoritism towards certain students.

Martin Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2012
I have children that go to this school and have been disappointed over and over again by the teachers and administration. If I was given the opportunity to start over and pick another school, I would not pick this one for my kids. If you have children that require any educational modifications be prepared to deal with administration and teachers that are unable to make simple intelligent decisions. If you are tagged as an over involved parent and dare complain about the teachers, administration, or school then you will quickly find yourself and your children out casted at the school. Overall the teachers cater to the children in the gifted program, which incidentally get put into every club and get special treatment. If you have an average child, their accomplishments will not be recognized. Over the many years, there have been many situations of neglect towards my children. The administration at the school likes to bully parents and make them feel like their complaints are not justified and that the teachers there can do no wrong. My children have many negative experiences every year.

Martin Elementary School 2

Posted November 29, 2011
I have had both of my children in this school over the last 6 years. I have had a whirlwind of experiences both positive and negative here over the years. I am sad to say that the transition of this school to a 'Math and Science Academy' has been detrimental in an educational standpoint. My children have had some very caring and good teachers through their educational journey here, but the Administration doesn't seem to have a clue. From speaking with the staff, the high staff turnover rate is due to the poor leadership. Each time I have spoken with the principal she seems to be your conventional 'yes man', but doesn't really seem to know what her job responsibilities are or how to do them. The school cut the Art program out of its curriculum and replaced it with a sub-par arts 'n crafts time with an un-certified teacher among many other things. Perks of being an 'Academy' I suppose to the administration. I honestly believe children should be exposed to a broad spectrum of things at this age and I cannot fathom the benefits of the MANY recent changes. If you value your child's education, look to World Language Academy or any of the other great elementary schools in the area.

Posted April 19, 2011
My experience with what is now Martin Technology Academy of Math and Science has been very positive. I was originally concerned about the school rating when I was researching the schools in the Hall County area, but once I met the principal and had my first year experience, my concerns became minimal. The faculty is great and my children have especially enjoyed the new curriculum based on the new charter goals. One child has a strong interest in Math and the other in Science! They are learning and loving it at the same time! With the leadership that is in place, I look forward to MTA reaching new and better educational levels year after year.

Martin Elementary School 3

Posted March 17, 2011
Two of my children are/have attended Martin. Before and after it became a charter school. I have always had a great relationship with all the teachers which is always great. However, my child strives to try her best at everything she does and we feel it always goes unnoticed. She suffers a condition and we feel she has been labeled. There have been several times she has tried out for certain events/clubs/pageants and even chorus. She was rejected for all. They seem to pick the same kids for everything. I am left to explain every year that she tried her best and it's okay. When she grows up her dream is to be a singer- yet she can't be in 5th grade chorus. I think the teachers are great but some of the 'higher ups' at the school need to be more understanding. Also, the car rider line needs some work. Normally, I don't write reviews but this weighs heavy on my heart. Overall, it's a great school. I just think they need to make a few changes for the kids. Every child should be treated the same and given a chance.

Posted October 05, 2010
it's our secound year just seeing the teachers,all the staff not one left out pulling together and keep moving forward to working towards our school being known as an high achieving school with high standards which at the same time each child is given the chance to reach the highest potential level of their grade without feeling left out if not doing so when starting out with the rest of their class.

Posted August 24, 2010
Martin Elementary is now a Charter School and goes by the name Martin Technology Academy of Math and Science.

Posted January 13, 2009
My daughter has been attending Martin since Kindergarten. All her teachers have been wonderful. When she was in the 1st gr. she was diagnosed with ADHD and medicated. The teachers, parapros and conselors have been working with us on a constant basis to make sure my daughter is on track with the rest of the students.We also meet on a quartly basis to go over her progress. I have noticed a significant change in her test score for the better. I applaud the hard work that the teachers do. My daughter is in the 4th grade now and she actually looks forward to going to school in the morning. Her reading was the biggest problem and now she loves to read at leisure. I have nothing but praise about Martin Elementary.. Thanks

Martin Elementary School
4216 Martin Rd, Flowery Branch, GA  30542
Last modified Martin Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top