Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Great Teachers! Math, Science Focused and More!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers at this school play favorites with the kids. I do not believe the staff has honesty, integrity, or fairness so therefore how could they possibly develop these traits in the children?

Martin has been a great experience for my grandson the past 2 years. He has had quality teachers, and the staff are all very friendly. As a retired educator, now teaching at the college level, I find myself referring to various strategies and creative ideas I have observed while volunteering at his school. There is a high level of energy and competence in every task performed. The front office could not be more professional and friendly, as well as other staff and faculty. I really appreciate the level of high expectations for the students,prepared teachers, and genuine concern obvious when you enter the classroom and observe. The only area I feel could use some evaluation and problem solving is the lunchroom behavior and noise level. It would benefit the students, lunchroom staff, and visitors. Overall, Martin has demonstrated all the qualities of a proficient, effective, and positive educational experience.

My son attends Martin Academy of Math and Science in Flowery Branch, GA. This school has offered amazing opportunities for him to learn with a real hands-on approach! They offer various models of learning, which meets the needs of every child there. I am so very pleased with his progress and wait with confidence to see what great things they do this school year! The faculty and staff could not be nicer, and the level of professionalism exceeds most other schools I've been involved with.

My children have been going to this school for many years. The school gets low test scores every year. Many of the teachers and staff are rude. The teachers clearly show favoritism towards certain students.

I have had both of my children in this school over the last 6 years. I have had a whirlwind of experiences both positive and negative here over the years. I am sad to say that the transition of this school to a 'Math and Science Academy' has been detrimental in an educational standpoint. My children have had some very caring and good teachers through their educational journey here, but the Administration doesn't seem to have a clue. From speaking with the staff, the high staff turnover rate is due to the poor leadership. Each time I have spoken with the principal she seems to be your conventional 'yes man', but doesn't really seem to know what her job responsibilities are or how to do them. The school cut the Art program out of its curriculum and replaced it with a sub-par arts 'n crafts time with an un-certified teacher among many other things. Perks of being an 'Academy' I suppose to the administration. I honestly believe children should be exposed to a broad spectrum of things at this age and I cannot fathom the benefits of the MANY recent changes. If you value your child's education, look to World Language Academy or any of the other great elementary schools in the area.

My experience with what is now Martin Technology Academy of Math and Science has been very positive. I was originally concerned about the school rating when I was researching the schools in the Hall County area, but once I met the principal and had my first year experience, my concerns became minimal. The faculty is great and my children have especially enjoyed the new curriculum based on the new charter goals. One child has a strong interest in Math and the other in Science! They are learning and loving it at the same time! With the leadership that is in place, I look forward to MTA reaching new and better educational levels year after year.

Two of my children are/have attended Martin. Before and after it became a charter school. I have always had a great relationship with all the teachers which is always great. However, my child strives to try her best at everything she does and we feel it always goes unnoticed. She suffers a condition and we feel she has been labeled. There have been several times she has tried out for certain events/clubs/pageants and even chorus. She was rejected for all. They seem to pick the same kids for everything. I am left to explain every year that she tried her best and it's okay. When she grows up her dream is to be a singer- yet she can't be in 5th grade chorus. I think the teachers are great but some of the 'higher ups' at the school need to be more understanding. Also, the car rider line needs some work. Normally, I don't write reviews but this weighs heavy on my heart. Overall, it's a great school. I just think they need to make a few changes for the kids. Every child should be treated the same and given a chance.

it's our secound year just seeing the teachers,all the staff not one left out pulling together and keep moving forward to working towards our school being known as an high achieving school with high standards which at the same time each child is given the chance to reach the highest potential level of their grade without feeling left out if not doing so when starting out with the rest of their class.

Martin Elementary is now a Charter School and goes by the name Martin Technology Academy of Math and Science.

Last modified Martin Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.