Flowery Branch, GA
Students enrolled: 1,660

Flowery Branch High School 2

Posted April 26, 2014
The leadership in this school is awful. The AP's stick their head in the sand if there is a fight. Suspend the aggressor for 3-5 days and everything is swept under the rug. If you are black or an athletic student, you get away with anything and everything. Don't ever trust that they have your child's best interests at heart.

Flowery Branch High School 2

Posted July 16, 2012
For some people a school in a small town setting may be rewarding, not for me. I transferred to Flowery Branch from a high school that was much more diverse with a larger student body, and I found the small town atmosphere killed my confidence and motivation for academic success. Little to no faculty support. Interest is primarily in the athletes, (sports highlights for 20 min of morning biology) college drop out rates among FB grads are pretty high. I graduated summa cum laude at Georgia State University, and I have been offered a full-ride academic scholarship for my masters degree at the University of Georgia... This is important because it highlights the lack of support I received at FB, when I somehow found support at a much more populated university that motivated me to work my butt off to become something larger than what a small town expected of a "yankee". I rode a B avg. at my time at FB, but I had to play catch up when I attended my first college classes. While I approached my transfer with an optimistic mind, it was not a good fit for me. FB may not be a good fit for some future students who come from diverse backgrounds....

Posted March 21, 2012
My son graduated from FB. He loved the school, the atmosphere, the principal and his teachers. His fiance who attended a Gwinnett school was amazed that everyone knew who he was, she attended some classes where she didn't know anyone in the class. Great place!

Flowery Branch High School 1

Posted November 30, 2011
they only focus on sports the teachers there only care about minorities.. like there is alot of "workers" children that go there and they dont care about no one else .. if your child isnt in sports they dont care about you . They let the football players walk around school and dont even go to class this is just horrible...I cant wait to leave this school

Flowery Branch High School 3

Posted May 16, 2011
If your kids are not into football, they, and you will be ignored. Mine cannot wait to get out.

Posted January 21, 2011
I am a current student at Flowery Branch High School and after moving back here from Habersham County High School, I will never take this school for granted. The school is very clean for a public high school. I have learned so much in my three years at flowery branch as compared to my one year at Habersham. The teachers are wonderful. And the other students are just as great. I am very much involved in Theatre at flowery branch and it is wonderful. Our theatre teacher is great. She cares so much for all of us and gives us as many opportunities as we want. The choral program is also wonderful. The teacher is talented beyond belief. I am currently taking almost all honors or AP classes and I find very confident that I am prepared for college. As a senior, I actually love school so much, I don't want it to end. In conclusion, I will also think of Flowery Branch as my home. It's a truly amazing school.

Posted May 25, 2010
I am a grandmother of a brand new SENIOR at Flowery Branch High School and I have never seen her happier!!! She has blossomed into this amazing young lady. Her grades, attitude and most of all, the pride she has for her school, is again, amazing. So if this school can do anything more to make her any happier, is again, amazing!!!!!

Flowery Branch High School 4

Posted October 24, 2009

Posted October 01, 2009
Flowery Branch has so much spirit. Awesome teachers that really care about their students.

Flowery Branch High School 3

Posted August 06, 2009

Flowery Branch High School
6603 Spout Springs Rd, Flowery Branch, GA  30542
Last modified Flowery Branch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flowery Branch High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top