Posted April 07, 2013
I'm floored by the negative reviews. I think the negative posts are based more on a personal issue. On that note, this school has been an answer to prayer. It is 3 days a week, with an opportunity for math help on Tuesday mornings for the upper grades (7 & up). It is a hybrid school giving parents the chance to be involved in their childs academics while receiving an acredited diploma, lower tuition (because it's 3 days a week), 16 student max class size, 2 days a week they're home doing their assignments (about 6 hrs), and in a loving Christian enviroment. My daughter has thrived, been encouraged by her teachers, and loves it. She's developed strong study skills, learned to be responsible for her assignments, & more confident. Teachers pray before class begins. She knows the work is demanding & that she needs to work hard, she doesn't expect the standards to be lowered to her pace. I don't ask the school to change their values. Their house, their rules. No excuses. They are motivated and encouraged all the way. If you have a non -compliant child, this may not be the school for you. If you believe in the "it takes a village" to raise up your child, then you will love it here.

Posted August 20, 2012
I could not agree more with the last post. Absolute disaster of a school. Run don't walk away. Spend your time, energy, money and emotions with a place that actually knows what they are doing.

Posted July 11, 2012
This school has a few great professional teachers who do really care about the students. But, it is really struggling, it is not willing to commit to hiring only good teachers and academics. It hires anyone willing to fill in and then seems to allow bad teachers to teach year after year with little consequence despite parents repeated cries. The principal and guidance staff are VERY VERY weak and academic results are mainly driven by a few smart kids. As a parent you will have to be very involved, Heritage is working off of a very dated perspective of what is needed to get into a good school. The University Model can be very effective for some kids but not others. My first daughter graduated a few years ago and she felt she had developed some very good study habits because of Heritage that her friends had not. My other child only lasted two years after getting several bad teachers and little help from the principal, we felt we needed to try to rescue him before it was too late. Heritage is a Strongly Christian School, but sadly they mistake poor planning, disorganization and a deteriorating ability to get anything done as "God's Will." Perhaps they should read Thessalonians 2:11

Posted December 11, 2011
Regarding the post suggesting the administration is dishonest and manipulative...I'm just wondering if this parent could possibly be talking about the same Heritage Academy. This is our child's fourth year at Heritage. Another child of ours started attending this year. In our experience, the staff and administration have always handled things in a God-honoring way. We have never witnessed any sort of unethical leadership or decision making. We have gotten to know the staff over the years and have nothing but good to say about them. The individual who wrote the poor review must have had a very isolated incident. We are so grateful for this school. The class sizes allow for a great deal of one on one instruction. The curricula is very rigorous and college preparatory in nature. It has greatly challenged our kids to step up their game academically and we are confident they will do well in college because of Heritage. The teachers genuinely care about the students and spiritual/character develpment is emphasized first and foremost. One drawback for us has been that sports are emphasized over fine arts. Hoping music/drama will be developed further over the coming years.

Posted August 22, 2011
This school is run by passionate professionals who really love what they are doing and know why they are doing it. For the Lord and your children. I have not seen that at any other school and thank God for them to provide an alternative to mainstream education. Additionally the scores for these students are well above the norm as the schools standards are based upon a university model and not a cake walk. But the students are well prepared for college when they graduate.

Posted April 28, 2010
This school is completely awful! Apart from the subpar teaching staff, the administration is the most dishonest and manipulative group of people I have ever met. Truthfully, I have had non-Christians treat me and my family better than the staff at this school. Please save your money and your time and look elsewhere for your children's education!

Posted July 22, 2006
What a great place to be! I taught at Heritage Academy for 5 years and had a truly wonderful experience with the administration, faculty, and the students. I would recommend this school without reservation.

Heritage Academy