Bad
Good

From Principals to Teachers; it is apparent that these people are only at this school to keep their mortgages and car notes paid. The lack of care and ambition for these children can be felt from the door. Fighting takes place here more than educations and the faculty cares enough to call you AFTER your child has been attacked. When approached on the schools failing test scores and underachievement, the principal seems all too comfortable with deflection and no real plan of action to get the children who want to learn engaged and clean out the riffraff. My child is no longer at this school, but it is the same of Clayton county and it needs serious help.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

During testing for my daughers IEP. Many teachers comented they had not herd my daughter speek at all throughout the year. Yet they specifically added it would not affect her academically.

Amount of homework: no rating

Sorry, cannot comment. Every child is different. Because of her struggle with school and stuggle with retention no one noticed she was tireing out. Trying to hard can cause a child to give up when they don't see benifits.

Develops character: Neutral

Well you have to be fair in every aspect. You cannot test a child give them a score and then after realize they did need an IEP evaluation give them the 504 plan because that score they were given before being tested determined the high school they are going too. Too late now right!

I decided to switch my daughter to a public school thinking that they could point out where because charter schools treat all kids like military which is awesome for behavior, bulling prevention and carrier awarness. However because she came from a charter they placed her in Honer Classes and had higher expectations from her not allowing her the opertunity to show or reveal her true academic srengths. They told me for years she was too smart for an IEP. As a parents we know when our child is struggling academically but unfortunately many of us wait on teachers and staff to guide us in the hopes that even councilors can help. NO, They all insisted she was smart but test scores showed different. Below grade level! Finally December 2015 Ooh, yes 504 plan approved. On her way to high school help Now! Too late. They are telling parents to choose high schools based on testings. Common sence. The high school with the highest ratings does not allow students that struggle academically and if some students have an IEP well thats because they were evaluated early on and had the opportunity to build on time to prove their score. Now. What do they do with all the students who don't have knowledgeable guidace to support parents with learning disabilities that could go further in life? Yes, they put all of them in the same high school. To blame the teachers? To shame the school? I bet if all students from lowest rating high school and tested them for an IEP, Turn that whole high school into a Special education team effort and Behavior health specialist less people be on disability. Kids who realize and feel dum cannot express themselves. Many of these children come from poverty, fosters, sick disabled parents, single moms. Put it to the test! The High School that has the lowest ratings based on tests scores. It's not teachers stop changing all staff. It's students that we're never evaluated for IEP. CHILDREN WITH LOW AVERAGE, ARE SMART PEOPLE WHO LEARN DIFFERENT WHO NEED HELP, WHO DO NOT SUCCEED because the testing was too expensive or had no one to advocate for them. Dare to give chances and watch success before you're eyes. Stop judging before performance-based studies! Thankyou for reading.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I've aced all my CRCT scores with flying colors, even with all the distractions going on. If students paid attention, I believe that FPMS can become a great school.

I left this school, a couple of months ago, and never looked back about my months at this school. However, now that i'm in High School, all i'm thinking about is how wonderful my memories are at Forest Park. Forest Park shaped me to become better whether you think so or not. The teachers here do actually care about you, but it's the environment that mainly affects the teachers' ability to teach. Even with all the problems going on, I've had some of the best teachers at this school, and made me ace all of my CRCT scores. It will get you ready for college and career ready no doubt. Yes, there are a couple of things they can improve, but this school pushed me to try to defy my destiny of failing in the real world. When people think Forest Park, good things do not come to mind. But, Forest Park has pushed me to become the person I am today, to become something even greater. I want to prove people wrong about this school and help it to become better. I will never forget my years at Forest Park because of the way it has influenced my present life.

Forget this school. I get yelled at by every teacher. The food is horrible. The kids have no home-training including me. This school needs help and guidance.

This school is the best!!! Ive attended his school for 3 years!!! Im attending 8th grade this year...the experiences ive had in thins school are amazing!! the staff are the best!!......i feel so pround of attending FPMS cuz we mad AYP...n we going to make it this year too!!!

I have been at Forest Park Middle School for two years as an educator. If you want your child to be involved in a school where the administrators, teacher and students care, then FPMS is the place to be! Yes, we are small in size (500 students) but big in heart. AND yes we made AYP and rec'd 3 state awards for our accomplishment. Our motto is 'Be the the Change YOU wish to see, EXCELLENCE begins with ME!

Last modified Forest Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.