Posted September 30, 2014
The complaints about this school are spot on accurate. The teachers don't seem to care. The principal does nothing to keep the teachers in check.My sons have been to many schools, and Freedom Park ranks one of the lowest that they have ever attended. I don't feel that you can properly teach children through yelling and humilation. I took my son out of that school to homeschool him because he was not learning. How can you learn in a hostile enviroment? Between the students bullying and the teachers using humiation in order to keep the students in line, it's a wonder anyone at that school can focus.

Posted August 08, 2014
I had two children in there. one in 4th grade, and 8th. the math and ELA teachers were awesome. the other two....well, they need to be replaced. The 4th grade teacher didnt see eye to eye as I have a child with a diagnosis of adhd and other issues, overall she did a great job teaching him, however, the staff is rude, yell, and basically do not care. Kids get bullied and smoke pot, and get a pat on the wrist and keep coming back. If you can, stay out Richmond County schools. My children didnt feel safe there, bullied, and they DO NOT LIKE PARENT INVOLVEMENT OF ANY SORT! Who knows what really goes on in there! Scary!

Posted May 23, 2014
Like a previous post said the teachers attitudes are very poor. Teachers get all up in your children's face , and I think the children there are scared to report the teachers. My neighbors child has a child which is in middle school , has a teacher there who gets in there faces and yells' and talks to them like that is HER child . I think that if teachers want respect they have to give respect , and that is that. Teachers tell students to shutup which is rude and all they do is gossip about other teachers , and talk to other teachers all day. And that is my only problem with freedom park. So if your child goes to Freedom Park I might suggest a parent teacher conference before.

Freedom Park Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2014
I have two children that have attended Freedom Park Elementary and have done so well. There are some very good teachers at this school, and I have been fortunate that my children had really good teachers. Of course, parents have to be involved and participate in their children's education and not just expect that the school will do every thing. However they could improve on streamlining the complaint and feedback process. The principal should take more responsibility in addressing issues instead of letting individual teachers dictate on matters of concern to parents. A couple of times we called to talk to the principal on unfainess issues and the principal just reffered us to the teacher in question!

Freedom Park Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2014
I am disappointed with this school. I find the attitudes of the teachers very poor. There have been several times they have spoken to students in a mean tone and my kids have never been around that type of attitude before. They're grading system is sub-par, but Im assuming that is due to common core being instituted. All around it's a disappointment. If you can live off post in a different district you should for your kids.

Freedom Park Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2013
There are some great teachers at this school. When you get a bad one it makes yours and your child's experience bad. When you complain, the care of your child will get no better. Rest for sure that your complain it will be passed on from Principal (Mrs. Andrews) from teacher, and to everyone else in the school so that your business between you and the responsible party is no longer private and you are being asked questions by other people at the school. It is sad, but true. Make sure to REPORT, DOCUMENT, and continue to FOLLOW-UP on all complaints. Some of these people are in the school for a check and not the students and it shows. If parents only complain to each other and to other new residents of this base what good is that doing???? The only way the military will step is to hear your complaints. This is not a DOD School it is a Richmond County School. OUR MILITARY CHILDREN are important. PRAY for your children daily.

Posted August 20, 2013
If you need evidence of exactly what they don't teach, read the post below from a former student who is now in high school and still can't spell. No offense to you hon, it's not your fault that you were at this school from K-5 and they didn't teach you what you needed to know.

Freedom Park Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2013
This was my Favoriate school when i lived in Georgia and they tought me everything I needed to know and I have turned out just fine and I wnet there from K-5 and now I am a high school sopomore there has probably been one major change and that would be the principal I was there when Mrs. Rita Bradley was there and she did a lot for the students I am an army brat and i will be coming back to GA in July

Posted September 25, 2012
I do not have a single positive thing to say about this school. My 6 yr old was allowed to WALK HOME ALONE during the middle of a school event and no one noticed! Even worse, NOTHING has been done about it. When I confronted the principal and teacher all I got were excuses. At one time I was told "The teacher is not obligated to keep track of all her students" Um, what?! The administration is apathetic and useless and in my opinion, unqualified for the job. This is supposed to be the "best school in the district"? What a joke.

Posted August 27, 2012
We are a military family with a child that has been bullied by peers and the teachers do nothing.I agree with all the parents in that the leadership at the school, i.e. the faculty are horrible. I wish I could home school my child . I pay out of pocket for my child to go to SYLVAN because she is behind in her lessons. She has ADHD and her teacher last year told her she didn't. The outrageousness of the school is shocking. We are also still waiting for an IEP over 1 year. The children at Ft.Gordon deserve better than this ! Don't send your child there if at all possible. It's been a nightmare since the first week of school last year.

Freedom Park Elementary School
345 42nd St Bldg 43400, Fort Gordon, GA  30905
Last modified Freedom Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Park Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top