Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Students enrolled: 1,015

Posted March 26, 2015
Administration is unprofessional and biased. It's as if the school were being run by about 6 high schoolers themselves.

Posted November 03, 2011
I graduated from LFO 20yrs ago and I can still say in my opinion it is the absolute worst school ever. The enviroment is extremely bias and raciest. When I was a student at LFO even the foreign exchange students got harrassed. The teachers only cared about a select group of students any students who did not fit into there "ideal" definition was basically ignored. Don't get me wrong I had about 6 really great teachers but that was it out of a school with so many teachers. After I became a teacher assistant I worked with a teacher who graduated and taught there after she got out of college. I learned a few things then, how the admin were busy trying to sleep with some of the teachers and sexiest remarks that were made in the office. I would NEVER let my child attend Lakeview. It was a horrible school experience and to this day is still a horrible school.

Posted January 06, 2009
LFO is a fabulous school. My daughter is a senior at LFO this year and she is more than prepared for college. The teachers and principals are very caring and they have pushed her to succeed. In a world where everyone is concerned with just getting by, it is nice to know that my daughter is being challenged and encouraged to take harder classes in order to be prepared for college and beyond. They also won two state-level awards this year that no other high schools in this part of the state won.

Posted January 06, 2009

Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School 4

Posted June 24, 2008
We have a son who graduated from lfo in may 2008. He loved the school, we had moved out of state and moved back to the area and he refused to attend another school. He is entering college and he doesn't have to take any remedial classes. He was on college path. I think the dress code should be inforced year round instead of when they feel like it. Ron arp will be missed by a lot of students.

Posted June 12, 2008
Lfo is a wonderful school! It has caring teachers and principals that want the best for the students. I have 2 children attending LFO and both of them are challenged in the classroom as well as involved in extra-curricular activities. The school is preparing them for the big world out there which is what I think any excellent school should be doing!

Posted April 04, 2008
If you want to go to a school that is unbiased toward student behavior and contains teachers that are worried about their students, do not attend this school. All this school cares about is making the school look nice and smart for their peers, and eliminating the lesser students, while all the time disregarding the good students' needs and wants.

Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School

Posted November 06, 2007
I absolutely love the school, yea the work is hard sometimes, but it's just preparing us for the real world

Posted July 22, 2007
As a parent of two children that have graduated from LFO, I am quite satisfied with the school. Sure, there are things that can/need improvement, but what school doesn't? The administrators & faculty work hard to set examples for students and expect the students to work to their full potential. I work at LFO and I see the disrespect, back talk and general 'don't care' attitudes some of these kids have. These teachers try their best to help the kids succeed, but kids have to put forth the effort.

Posted June 07, 2007
worst school i ever attended.. the staff was more interested in what the students were wearing than the education we were receiving.

Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School
1850 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe, GA  30742
Last modified Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top