Public charter
Gainesville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,827

Gainesville High School 1

Posted July 17, 2015
This school provides awful education, awful teachers who dont want to help and most of all a bad influence on children, im switching over to chestatee!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 17, 2015
I went to this school on homebound, and went in the school one day and it was the worst experience i have ever had, and they failed me in math because the math teacher wouldt give me notes

Gainesville High School 1

Posted February 21, 2011
As a lifelong student of the Gainesville City School System, I have many wonderful memories (football championships, great baseball and awesome band program) of the school; however, the quality of the education had diminished over the past few years.You certainly have a few good teachers in the system, but overall, there is a culture change going on here.I know the recent blue ribbon award has the smoke and mirrors working its magic, but don't buy into it without doing a little homework of your own.The blue ribbon was most likely awarded because they continue to teach to the lowest common denominator by bridging the achievement gap between those who perform and those who do not.The credit recovery lab was a great invention and it certainly has worked, but I can tell you that other areas have suffered and this has directly affected me, an above average student

Gainesville High School 5

Posted March 30, 2010
Given the incredible diversity, the committed, caring, and capable faculty and staff do a fantastic job of inspiring kids. They offer a wide range of curricular choices, as well as extracurricular programs. School spirit is great...I wholly recommend this school for parents who believe in instilling the best values for their kids.

Posted October 18, 2009
I'm a student here and I don't find the safety nor the teacher quality satisfying, though the school does have great extracurricular activities to choose from.

Posted June 30, 2008
I do not find this school to be very safe. Also I feel that the students do not really connect with the teachers as they should. I do not recommend sending your child to this school.

Posted September 07, 2007
GHS is a magnificent school the safety is amazing now that the students are wearing their ID badges. DIscipline is becoming less of an issue with many incentives to do good. Academically it is no doubt the best in the county and if your child is into sports more scouts come to look at students from Gainesville High School.

Posted August 16, 2007
This is a very happy school. The school spirit is outstanding. Teachers and students alike join in on the events, such as homecoming parade, the rock bonfire and dances. Teachers love their jobs just about as much as students love being members of the Big Red Machine. Teachers maintain websites and genuinely care about the academic success of the students. You feel like you are part of a family at this school. I have to say I love and respect GHS so much for everything they strive to do and actually get done. Go Big Red!

Posted April 10, 2006
If you're in the right academic track you can do very well here but safety and discipline are STILL issues at this school.

Gainesville High School 5

Posted December 20, 2005
My daughter graduated from Gainesville High in 2005. I am proud to say that she and my son, who is now a junior at a different school, received an excellent education from this school. Special thanks to Jennifer Torrey, Mrs. Hill, and Mrs. Wade. You will never know how much your time and extra effort helped my children. I'm proud to have been a part of a program where teachers care so much about the success of the students they teach. Kimberly Daniel mother of Meagen and Damarian Flentall

830 Century Pl, Gainesville, GA  30501
Last modified Gainesville High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gainesville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top